Flight times Fort Lauderdale on Oasis

I know this has probably been asked ad infinitum, but I have a question about Fort Lauderdale flights.

We're sailing Oasis March 15 to 22 next year. Two flight choices are 11:15 a.m. or 8:05 pm (other flight times are too expensive). We're doing luggage valet, so we can walk off anytime. Would love to catch the 11:15 flight. Will we have any trouble making it?

I would not have a problem booking an 11:15am flight after disembarking Oasis. There should be plenty of time. However, offhand, I don't recall the cut off time for luggage valet. The 11:15am flight might be too early for luggage valet.

Not at all. The cruise line recommends booking a flight after 11:30, so I'd say the 11:15 flight is a safe bet. Airport is only a 15-20 min (if that!) cab ride away.

We were on the 10/6 sailing of the Allure and we made a 9:15AM flight home with time to spare.

Luggage valet for Ft lauderdale airport is 11:30am. You will not be able to use the service if your flight is 11:15.

This is correct...and they really adhere to the no flights before 11:30am policy for luggage valet.

Im sailing on Oasis on the 1st to the 15th March. So I will be disembarking as your waiting to go onboard. We have a flight from FT Lauderdale at 12.10 and booked our transfers through RCI. They said that it is plenty of time, so you should be ok.

Im sailing on Oasis on the 1st to the 15th March. So I will be disembarking as your waiting to go onboard. We have a flight from FT Lauderdale at 12.10 and booked our transfers through RCI. They said that it is plenty of time, so you should be ok.

cancel your transfers and use a taxi. Taxi leaves when you get in it. RCL transfers don't leave until the bus is full.

Thanks for the info. We'll stick with the 8 p.m. flight. I can't manage the luggage by myself and my 11 year old isn't a lot of help. I had forgotten about the cutoff time.

Best advice I ever received for FLL was to grab a porter......he had us through Customs, out the door and in a cab in a jiffy.

Best $$$$ we ever spent!!!!

Thanks for the info. We'll stick with the 8 p.m. flight. I can't manage the luggage by myself and my 11 year old isn't a lot of help. I had forgotten about the cutoff time.

This is crazy. Arrange to be in the first group called off the ship after the self-disembarkers (just request at the customer service desk). Then, get a porter to help you with your luggage in the cruise terminal (for a small tip). Get a taxi to the airport, and you should be checked in and at your gate by 9am the latest. Very little handling of your own luggage.

Otherwise, how will you occupy yourselves for 12 hours until the evening flight?

Don't pay $$$$ for RCI transfers. It is very easy to get a taxi as you exit the cruise terminal, and you'll be at the airport in 15 minutes for about $15 including tip! You will have plenty of time.

Best advice I ever received for FLL was to grab a porter......he had us through Customs, out the door and in a cab in a jiffy.

Best $$$$ we ever spent!!!!

AGREE!! We now use a porter in all the ports...they really move too..so I would book the 11:15 flight with no worries!

Please don't, that would be a waste of time...there are 'many" porters..waiting that will handle all your luggage, help you find it in the terminal (which is very well organized by color codes, walk with you, get you through the checkpoint quickly and into a taxi...You'll be so glad you didn't wait for that 8:00pm flight and arrive home early.

We'll be off the Oasis for a 11:30am flight. We plan to walk off with our luggage by 7am. Where are the porters? I haven't cruised in 2 years. I remember walking off, finding our luggage in the "hanger" and then line up with our luggage to get through customs and walking outside for a taxi to the a/p. Will the porters bypass the people already waiting in line for customs or is there a separate and faster line if we get a porter? How much do we tip? We'll have 2 large and 2 small cases (2 adults + 2 kids). Thanks. BTW...2 weeks today at this time, we'll be finishing our meal at the MDR and watching a show. yeah !!!

We'll be off the Oasis for a 11:30am flight. We plan to walk off with our luggage by 7am. Where are the porters? I haven't cruised in 2 years. I remember walking off, finding our luggage in the "hanger" and then line up with our luggage to get through customs and walking outside for a taxi to the a/p. Will the porters bypass the people already waiting in line for customs or is there a separate and faster line if we get a porter? How much do we tip? We'll have 2 large and 2 small cases (2 adults + 2 kids). Thanks. BTW...2 weeks today at this time, we'll be finishing our meal at the MDR and watching a show. yeah !!!

If you are walking off with your luggage, you probably won't need a porter because the lines at customs/immigration will be minimal. You can find porters in the area that you will be bypassing, where the luggage is picked up by those who are not doing self-disembarkation. You can call one over to help you, if needed to manage our luggage. I usually tip around $10 for 3 large cases.

If you can manage your bags walking off, why do you need a porter?

Archived