Allure and propulsion problems.

bilyclub

Yeah no one can blame the movement of the ship on the azipod issue... I have spent 5 weeks between Oasis and Allure and have always felt movement, let it be the rocking motion or the pitching... Just depends on the person of course on how much it truly affects them. It is a ship, a very tall one at that, and it is not invincible to mother nature's forces...

Spoken like a true Nflnder! ;)

Followed by ship wide internet failure:p

That's right! And then require every guest to sign a legal waiver before exiting the ship stating that they will not divulge any information regarding itinerary changes under penalty of lawsuit :D

They do say that ignorance is bliss. Maybe the average masses of people are lucky compared to us special ones.;)

Yes, I agree. I haven't made any mention of it to my parents, and probably won't. I did tell them to make sure and purchase insurance. We generally always do, but we did not at booking as we normally do 3rd party.

If I have my way, I won't be telling them at all. If the issue still persists when we cruise and they find out then, I'll let them know i was aware and scheduled our excursions with the reduced time in port in mind. I think my dad's wife would start stressing about safety which I don't think is warranted.

At terminal now Nov. 10 eastern sailing. Ticket agent said still problems and delays at ports. Oh we'll still excited!

Still have been told nothing of any delays.

Same ol same ol

Some were told the real truth, and some were not.

Typical RCL responses....all conflicting each other.

We all know what the deal is....the real question is: how long will this go on?

If they really can't get this fixed timely they could easily have Allure do solely western, and have Oasis do only eastern. They could even rotate between Falmouth and Costa Maya, as Costa Maya was the replacement during the inaugural Oasis season.

So, what if someone specifically chose Allure and the eastern itinerary or Oasis and the western itinerary? Why make even more people upset?

If they really can't get this fixed timely they could easily have Allure do solely western, and have Oasis do only eastern. They could even rotate between Falmouth and Costa Maya, as Costa Maya was the replacement during the inaugural Oasis season.

That might be a good idea if they embarked on the same day, but since they don't, to make that change would effect a lot more cruisers than a loss of a couple hours on only one itinerary.

I chose Allure because we have sailed Oasis enough and have not yet been on this ship. And I very much dislike the western itinerary.

Edited by Ocean Boy

They just announced at Muster we are leaving Nassau at 12:30. No word on St Thomas yet.

Will someone explain what excursion can you take that begins on a Monday morning between 7:30 and 11:30, allowing travel time?

Like the other px's I have not mentioned this to my family but should Royal cancel trips to make repairs, then what happens to the fair that early booking customers paid for should we want to switch to the Oasis. The fare increase could be several hundred dollars pp and the wait for availability could be many, many months. Has anyone come across something like this??

I will be on the Allure in March. I was hopeful of planning a fun sailing trip in St Thomas but if they cut back an hour I will not be able to do it. I could make another excursion but I would prefer my first choice. I just wish RCCL would tell me for sure. Hopefully they will tell us soon.