New Celebrity Promotion (Giving Thanks) Begins 11/1/13

Andy

I see that the Giving Thanks Sale has a 15% discount for Captain's Club members. Why does Celebrity not allow this offer to be combined with other offers like Pick Your Perk promotion ending 06 Oct 2013. Don't you think this offer of thanking the loyalty of Celebrity Captain's Club members be allowed the additional discount prior to final payment? Captain's Club offers, promotions etc should be in addition to any other posted offers or savings shown on the Celebrity Web Site. If not what is the point of loyalty if you can't use the benefits if Celebrity prohibits the combining of the offers? I understand if this was post final payment but prior to final payment they should be accepted.

Exclusive Offers

Exclusive Offers are designed for our most loyal guests, our Captain's Club members.

Giving Thanks Sale

Captain’s Club members (Classic tier and above) save 15% on cruise vacations to Alaska, Bermuda, the Caribbean or Europe.

Hi Spartan,

I truly understand your thoughts, but IMO, we should be realistic. Sure, it would be great if Celebrity offered both. However, Celebrity is in business to make money, not lose money. If they were to offer a beverage package, AND the 15% off ??? With all due respect, I think that's asking a lot. What it boils down to, is choosing whatever works best for you. If we can save money, or obtain an added perk in the process ? I consider it welcome bonus.

Speaking of "Giving Thanks", I'm thankful whenever we can take advantage of a Celebrity promo.

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

We were able to save $500 on our cruise!

Hi Brooklyn102,

Thanks for posting. I'm pleased that you saved $500. Have a wonderful Cruise !

Thanks Andy for the heads up...but...I booked Oct 29...:(...to sail in March 2014!

Any chance that a beverage package sale could be in the future?? :confused:

BABA 7

Hi Baba7,

Call Celebrity (or your TA if you've booked direct) and see if they will offer a price adjustment. As I always say "it never hurts to ask".

As for a beverage package, I'm not aware of any upcoming promos, but I suspect it may reappear at some point. Always keep an eye on our forum. If Celebrity offers it again, either myself or another community member will be sure to post the details.

Please let us know the outcome on your booking. Good Luck !

Redman 1947

Am I understanding you correctly. I should contact my TA who would then connect with Celebrity to get the new lower price and still keep my original PYP providing this is done prior to final payment?

Hi Spartan,

I think the member received inaccurate information. I asked Celebrity about this yesterday, and was told the Giving Thanks offer is not combinable, and it also states this in the terms and conditions.

About the only way I can see anything potentially being combinable, is if you've booked onboard *recently*, under the NEW passages program. In that case, I believe you may be allowed to combine with 1 other offer.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Is this promotion supposed to apply to third or fourth passengers in the room? I just priced one online and it shows the discount only on the first 2 passengers.....

Hi Cruiser,

I checked into this, and the promo applies to the first 2 Guests in the Cabin. I hope this is helpful !

Hi Spartan,

I think the member received inaccurate information. I asked Celebrity about this yesterday, and was told the Giving Thanks offer is not combinable, and it also states this in the terms and conditions.

About the only way I can see anything potentially being combinable, is if you've booked onboard *recently*, under the NEW passages program. In that case, I believe you may be allowed to combine with 1 other offer.

I hope this helps !

Hi Andy,

Yes I am a bit confused. I booked 4 cruises while on board the Solstice disembarked 23 Oct 13. At the time of booking I am sure the future cruise lady said that there was no Promo restrictions. Meaning I could transfer to something else and still receive the promo. The same with price drops and I am assuming with this new give thanks promo. But when I called TA they said Celebrity would not combine promo, it was either one or the other. I tried ringing Celebrity and they would not talk to me as I have recently transferred the booking to my TA.

Do you have more information on "booked onboard *recently*, under the NEW passages program"

Jean

Hi Andy,

Yes I am a bit confused. I booked 4 cruises while on board the Solstice disembarked 23 Oct 13. At the time of booking I am sure the future cruise lady said that there was no Promo restrictions. Meaning I could transfer to something else and still receive the promo. The same with price drops and I am assuming with this new give thanks promo. But when I called TA they said Celebrity would not combine promo, it was either one or the other. I tried ringing Celebrity and they would not talk to me as I have recently transferred the booking to my TA.

Do you have more information on "booked onboard *recently*, under the NEW passages program"

Jean

Hi Jean,

I see you are from Australia, I'm taking a guess here, but it's possible the terms may be different for your region. I'd suggest contacting your local office for clarification. I wish I could be of more assistance.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Jean,

I see you are from Australia, I'm taking a guess here, but it's possible the terms may be different for your region. I'd suggest contacting your local office for clarification. I wish I could be of more assistance.

Hi Andy,

I have a US address and spend time in both countries. I am booked with a US TA. Therefore the same rules should apply as to a US resident.

Jean

Hi Andy,

I have a US address and spend time in both countries. I am booked with a US TA. Therefore the same rules should apply as to a US resident.

Jean

Hi Jean !

Thanks for clarifying. Just curious, while Celebrity cannot modify your booking, have you contacted Captains Club for confirmation ? That would be my next step. I also trying to see what I can find out. If I hear anything I will post again. Thanks !

Host Andy -- We called X today, to check on whether this new promo would apply to our Ultimate Alaska cruise, that we have booked for next September. We ended up saving $$ on our C-1 cabin -- and I have to say that price drops have been few and far between on this particular cruise! I will point out that we do not have the 1-2-3-go/drink package. Sadly, the folks on our roll-call who do have it missed out on this price drop. Thanks for the "heads-up" on this one! :)

Edited by wwcruisers

Hi Jean !

Thanks for clarifying. Just curious, while Celebrity cannot modify your booking, have you contacted Captains Club for confirmation ? That would be my next step. I also trying to see what I can find out. If I hear anything I will post again. Thanks !

Hi Andy, I went to Captains Club lady there was very helpful in explaining. I am allowed 2 promo but as in I can keep the OBC + which ever promo I decide. So I just need to decide which Promo works for us.

Thanks

Jean

Redman 1947

Am I understanding you correctly. I should contact my TA who would then connect with Celebrity to get the new lower price and still keep my original PYP providing this is done prior to final payment?

Actually this transpired three days after our final payment. A new booking, at the reduced price, with the original 123 promo was still $81 more than our original booked price so we kept the original deal.

I booked on board the 9/23/13 Solstice cruise, as well, for a Nov 2014 Med. cruise and had the OB credit and PYP. I lost both of those perks, but was able to move to Concierge from my Balcony at about $200 less PP than the balcony. I figured that I would eventually lose the PYP anyway, because I intend to take advantage of every sale that comes up. I am happy with my new midship hump room on Deck 10, tho.

Can I use this promo on Eclipse TA in April 2014 ? I don`t think so as I`m already booked and TA`s don`t usually qualify.

Looks like not. I just tried to price one out and no discount, although I was getting discounts on Caribbean itineraries in the fall.

Can I use this promo on Eclipse TA in April 2014 ? I don`t think so as I`m already booked and TA`s don`t usually qualify.

Hi Maggie,

Unfortunately, the answer is no. This promo applies to most Caribbean, Europe, Alaska & Bermuda 2014 sailings. There are some restrictions such as 4 night sailings or longer, and oceanview cabin or higher, so it's best to review the terms and conditions. I hope this is helpful !

Host Andy, THANK YOU :D

Did call Celebrity, got that promo and saved $932 on our cruise fare. We lost the beverage package but we are really not big drinker, and our itinerary is so much port intensive in July/Europe that we will really not miss it.

We have booked a balcony room for $2070pp when they were running the obc of $200 and classic drinks package.

The same room is now $1855 and the website says they are running a 10% discount.

Is this a price reduction that I should be asking for or is it one of those offers that you can't combine?

Final payment only due next year. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Alphamare2000

We have booked a balcony room for $2070pp when they were running the obc of $200 and classic drinks package.

The same room is now $1855 and the website says they are running a 10% discount.

Is this a price reduction that I should be asking for or is it one of those offers that you can't combine?

If you don't ask, you don't get! I think you will find, though, that it's one or the other.

If you're happy with your original deal, then stop checking the prices and start looking forward to the cruise.

Probably not as the Ts&Cs specifically state that the 10% discount applies to new bookings. If they do offer it you may lose the drinks package and obc.

But if you don't ask you don't get. Definitely worth a call.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ask, you may find that you lose the drinks package though which costs more than the 10% you save

If you are select or above, you get 15% off

We did it this summer, we had to give up our cabin and take a guarantee but they warned us we would lose our drinks package - our was worth doing as the saving was £1000 and buying our own drinks still saved money

Hi Alphamare,

You cannot get both the discount and your other perks. You would have to forfeit them, in order to obtain the discount. Its one promo or other other, so choose which works best for you. I hope this is helpful !