NEW LIVE from the Royal 10/29-1//10

paulmichael

Can anyone tell me where to sign up for the winemaker's dinner?

It may have been already been asked & answered, but I can't find the info anywhere, even a call to Princess was of no help. :p

Thanks in advance!

and is this only on Royal? or would it also be on Emerald?

I'm very interested....:D

CC

It may have been already been asked & answered, but I can't find the info anywhere, even a call to Princess was of no help. :p

Thanks in advance!

Me too, menu sounds much better then initial reports!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance!

We just talked to someone in the MDR the first day. I called the DINE line the next day and made sure we were on a list. It really was wonderful!

Cheers, Denise

Where did Royal dock in St. Thomas? Thanks!

Depends on the week you go as it all depends if the Allure or Oasis are in port. November 10 (13Nov) week it is in Havensight

Hi - Royal does not go to St. Thomas on the 10/29 itinerary. She will make her first stop there with the 11/3 sailing - will arrive on Wed., Nov. 6 and is scheduled to dock at Crown Bay, unless something has changed very recently.

I wish we were going into Havensight - it's so nice to wander around in the shops - Crown Bay seems to have little beyond liquor and diamonds!!

Edited by S'villeGals

We are in the process of docking at Grand Turk. I can't wait to snorkel. :D

We did the Wine Cellar dinner last night. The food was great, the other 10 guests were simply fabulous. We really had a wonderful evening. The wine flowed. We started with champagne and then moved to a French Chardonnay. The main course, Steak Diane, was made table side and accompanied by a Fench Pinot Noir. We were treated to several after dinner glasses of Lemoncello.

There are three different menus for this dinner so we are planning to do it again next cruise.

Yesterday was a sea day and hot. The pool areas were full but still easy to find a lounge chair. The cabanas are in use. People are being quite respectful of the space around the cabanas.

That's all for now.

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for your contribution to this "live" thread. The pool information is very helpful.:) The wine dinner is now on our agenda! :D

I know we don't cruise to watch TV but can you watch the TV from the couch? On all of the pictures I've seen, it doesn't look like there is a very good vantage point.
The recently posted photos are of a mini-suite and there is a second TV next to the mirror in the sitting area.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/staterooms/rp_minisuite.html

We're sailing north right up the east coast of south Florida. The helicopter is still circling overhead. I think this was the cruise that a British documentary team was going to be on, so perhaps it's related to that.

Jeannie,

I hope you and Greg are having fun on the Royal. Love your daily blog....Happy and safe travels to you both. CYA on the Emerald-->Nov. 29th!:D

Hi - Royal does not go to St. Thomas on the 10/29 itinerary. She will make her first stop there with the 11/3 sailing - will arrive on Wed.' date=' Nov. 6 and is scheduled to dock at Crown Bay, unless something has changed very recently.

I wish we [u']were[/u] going into Havensight - it's so nice to wander around in the shops - Crown Bay seems to have little beyond liquor and diamonds!!

Thanks for the info. Like you, we would rather go into Havensight.

We did the Wine Cellar dinner last night. The food was great, the other 10 guests were simply fabulous. We really had a wonderful evening. The wine flowed. We started with champagne and then moved to a French Chardonnay. The main course, Steak Diane, was made table side and accompanied by a Fench Pinot Noir. We were treated to several after dinner glasses of Lemoncello.

There are three different menus for this dinner so we are planning to do it again next cruise.

Cheers, Denise

We did this on the TA cruise. I think this is the best dinner venue Princess has to offer. We had a fabulous time. For $40 pp it was so worth it. We also had a group of 12 and didn't know any of the others. What a great group of people. I highly recommend this and I like it better than the Chef's Table! I'm sure it won't be long before the price increases. :p