First time sailing RCI w/Diamond status

We will be sailing RCI in two weeks (Vision OTS 3 night repo Miami to Colon) for the first time in several years, and the first time with Diamond status -- via Elite status w/Celebrity. On the first night of this short 3 night cruise (after sail away from Miami) should we expect the Diamond lounge area to be open before dinner, or will that be only on the 2nd & 3rd nights?

David

Thanks for the quick replies. I thought I had read in some thread that the Diamond lounge was not available until the 2nd night of a cruise. Very nice to know I probably made that up :rolleyes:.

David

Edited by d&a Delaware

We will also be Diamond virgins on a 4 night Liberty cruise in January. Good to know we can drink away in the DL each night. I also booked 2 Celebrity cruises in 2014 as Elite. My wife thinks I have gone crazy booking all these cruises just for the free booze. Ok......maybe..... free booze and a cruise....what's the downside?

We will be sailing on the Jewel in May on our first cruise as Diamond Status. I didn't have any idea there was a special lounge? Guess I need to do some research. Will that be available on the Jewel?

We will be sailing RCI in two weeks (Vision OTS 3 night repo Miami to Colon) for the first time in several years, and the first time with Diamond status -- via Elite status w/Celebrity. On the first night of this short 3 night cruise (after sail away from Miami) should we expect the Diamond lounge area to be open before dinner, or will that be only on the 2nd & 3rd nights?

David

Thanks for the quick replies. I thought I had read in some thread that the Diamond lounge was not available until the 2nd night of a cruise. Very nice to know I probably made that up :rolleyes:.

David

David, this isn't Celebrity! The Diamond and Concierge Lounges are open all day every day with your SeaPass card as the key, and offer "cocktail hour" every night - no skipping! :)

We will be sailing on the Jewel in May on our first cruise as Diamond Status. I didn't have any idea there was a special lounge? Guess I need to do some research. Will that be available on the Jewel?

The Jewel has not been "revitalized" yet, so she does not yet have a dedicated Diamond Lounge. There will be a nightly "Diamond Event", where you will be able to get free wine including *champagne* and soda. Other drinks should be available for purchase with a 25% discount.

We just achieved our Diamond status on a last sailing on Jewel OTS.

On a day that we turned Diamond, we were given new cards that indicated our status. On 13th floor there is a lounge where you can get a glass of wine before dinner and some finger food. Truthfully, service there was not all that good.

DW and I had to sit 30 mins before waitress showed up and asked if we wanted anything (AFTER having a nice long conversation with another passenger that we could hear telling them all her plans for when she gets back home - she plans to become a lawyer in a land FAR-FAR away). Finger foods were totally unappealing and coming from me it says a lot because I am not a picky eater.... In a word, we did not have most positive experience in a Diamond Lounge.

For breakfast there is a separate Diamond room and it was very nice. Food that is served is the same that in the dining room but it arrived significantly quicker and my coffee was refilled quickly.

That being understood, we had a blast on the cruise... Hope you will too...

The Jewel has not been "revitalized" yet, so she does not yet have a dedicated Diamond Lounge. There will be a nightly "Diamond Event", where you will be able to get free wine including *champagne* and soda. Other drinks should be available for purchase with a 25% discount.

Correct as always...and I believe the Jewel uses the Hollywood Odyssy venue for it's Diamond Events...hope they are offering something other than the stale trail-mix with those drinks. We opted for Champagne with a little peach liquor/juice/puree..making it a Bellini...as fancy as they could get on our particular cruise...However love the Jewel and the SeaView Cafe..which will be missed when they revitalize her.

...you can smile, but don't laugh. We were on the inaugural sailing of the Allure and found ourselves walking by the Blaze on Deck 4. We could see (and smell) from the outside that there was a nice selection of food being served inside so I tried walking in. I was stopped at the door and was told it was "reserved". My wife laughed at me for my failed attempt to eat yet another meal.

Across the way, there was the Jazz club...and another nice selection of finger foods! That garlic smell was pulling me in. We were thinking...ok, must be for a large group or someone getting married. I tried walking in the Jazz club just to see but again was stopped at the door.

I politely asked: "What is this for?" She said: "For Diamonds". I said: "What is that?" She said: "May I see your cruise card". We showed her our cruise cards. She said: "Oh! you guys are Diamonds!...you are welcome to come in".

Seriously, we had no idea of the perks. Needless to say, we haven't missed any since then. :o:)

We just achieved our Diamond status on a last sailing on Jewel OTS.

In a word, we did not have most positive experience in a Diamond Lounge.

Jewel does not have a Diamond Lounge. What you attended was a Diamond "Event" where only wine, champagne and soft drinks are complimentary. The offerings and venue are not like you would find if Jewel had a real lounge for Diamond Members.

Jewel will be getting a Diamond "Lounge" when she goes in for enhancements in 2016. When the lounge is in place the same amenities will be available as you find in the Concierge Lounge.

We are just one night away from Diamond status -- I didn't realize they would give us the benefits of Diamond mid-cruise . . . is this standard procedure with RCCL? (Hope so!)

Points are earned after completion of a cruise, so your C&A level will change after you have completed your cruise. You will be recognized as Diamond Members on your next cruise.

Just wondering, is there a Diamond Lounge on Splendour of the Seas? We will be sailing on her next June.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Deck 5 forward on the port side of the Top Hat Lounge.

Edited by cruisenfever

Our last few cruises were on ships with "Diamond Events" or we were traveling with non-Diamond family members so we did not visit the Diamond lounge. I agree with previous posters that the "Diamond Events" were...well, not so great. Don't want to appear ungrateful :o

We have a cruise on the Oasis in the next few weeks, and this time it is just the two of us. As Diamond members, what kind of drinks can we order in the Diamond lounge? Is there a limited menu or can we order anything off the bar menu? Does it include beer? Are the free drinks mentioned previously only available during certain hours like the "Diamond Event?"

Thanks!

despite not having a dedicated D lounge, has a great place to have your drinks. At the time of our Baltic cruise on her, the bar waitress/tender a young girl from Uruguay she was fantastic, I doubt she is still there but the Jewel has always been on many people favorite list of RCI ships

Correct as always...and I believe the Jewel uses the Hollywood Odyssy venue for it's Diamond Events...hope they are offering something other than the stale trail-mix with those drinks. We opted for Champagne with a little peach liquor/juice/puree..making it a Bellini...as fancy as they could get on our particular cruise...However love the Jewel and the SeaView Cafe..which will be missed when they revitalize her.

I went up to the Hollywood Odyssey one night to check out the Diamond Event and only saw 2 people having wine...couldn't stand the cigar smell so I went back to the CL.;)

Yes, the SeaView Cafe will be missed.

Our last few cruises were on ships with "Diamond Events" or we were traveling with non-Diamond family members so we did not visit the Diamond lounge. I agree with previous posters that the "Diamond Events" were...well, not so great. Don't want to appear ungrateful :o

We have a cruise on the Oasis in the next few weeks, and this time it is just the two of us. As Diamond members, what kind of drinks can we order in the Diamond lounge? Is there a limited menu or can we order anything off the bar menu? Does it include beer? Are the free drinks mentioned previously only available during certain hours like the "Diamond Event?"

Thanks!

You will be able to order standard mixed drinks (nothing frozen), wine, champagne, beer and soft drinks during the cocktail hour which should be 5-8:30PM.

You will have access to the lounge 24/7 where you can enjoy a cup of coffee from the Specialty Coffee Machine or just a quiet place to relax.

Edited by cruisenfever

You will be able to order standard mixed drinks (nothing frozen), wine, champagne, beer and soft drinks during the cocktail hour which should be 5-8:30PM.

You will have access to the lounge 24/7 where you can enjoy a cup of coffee from the Specialty Coffee Machine or just a quiet place to relax.

I thought the drinks are only 25% off not free. I thought the wine and soda are free but not the drinks.

We are taking a short cruise in January on the Liberty to reach Diamond, we are staying in the Ben and Jerry's suite which gives us access to the cow-cierge lounge, is there much difference between the two and will the concierge lounge give a feel what a diamond lounge will be like for our next cruise?

Keith

I thought the drinks are only 25% off not free. I thought the wine and soda are free but not the drinks.

On ships with a Diamond Lounge, you will receive the same drinks as you would in the Concierge Lounge.

On ships with a Diamond Event, then only wine, champagne and soft drinks are complimentary with all other drinks at 25% off their normal price.

Those ships yet to have a Diamond Lounge added are Navigator, Adventure, Voyager, Explorer and Jewel.

Edited by cruisenfever

On ships with a Diamond Lounge, you will receive the same drinks as you would in the Concierge Lounge.

On ships with a Diamond Event, then only wine, champagne and soft drinks are complimentary with all other drinks at 25% off their normal price.

Those ships yet to have a Diamond Lounge added are Navigator, Adventure, Voyager, Explorer and Jewel.

Cruisinfever, thanks for my answering newbie Diamond questions! Just one more question :o

If the drinks served in the DL are like the ones served in the CL, can you tell us what kind of drinks are served in the CL? Some of my favorites are Mojitos, rum/coke, gin/tonic, and Baileys... :D I love wine but, unfortunately, not the kind offered during the Diamond Events.