hotels in Port Canaveral

CFWexpert

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel that allows car part. We are cruising on Freedom of the Seas June 8, 2014.

Anxiously awaiting a reply.

Thanks for posting and hopefully we will get lots of replies.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel that allows car part. We are cruising on Freedom of the Seas June 8, 2014.

Welcome to Cruise Critic CFWexpert!

The Florida departures board should be helpful

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Also you can check the RCI board

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

And joining your roll call is always a good idea

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1858786

We used to stay at the Raddison at Port.

We loved the pool.

They provided a park and cruise package.

The resort is starting to show its age.

But, clean, and no bugs.

The next time we sail out of here we will search and find a new place to stay....we fly in, and take private transportation to port.

Sea Ya

Our preferred hotel in the area is Residence Inn and Suites (by Marriot), followed by Country Inn and Suites. Both are located just a few blocks south of the port, but are not beachfront. Both include full breakfast.

Our preferred hotel in the area is Residence Inn and Suites (by Marriot), followed by Country Inn and Suites. Both are located just a few blocks south of the port, but are not beachfront. Both include full breakfast.

I liked the Radisson fairly well-mainly because there is a great Greek restaurant right next door that we love to eat at the night before the cruise. The Marriott hotel is closer to the beach it is walk-able from there. We stayed at a hotel next to it that was a dump but shared the cruise parking/ parking lot. I would NOT recommend that one-lol! We had booked it because we got a 2 bedroom suite for $150 a night for 3 adults, but it was pretty ragged and worn,although clean. Although I have not stayed at that particular Marriott you mention, I have stayed at many others and they are always nice.

I liked the Radisson fairly well-mainly because there is a great Greek restaurant right next door that we love to eat at the night before the cruise. The Marriott hotel is closer to the beach it is walk-able from there. We stayed at a hotel next to it that was a dump but shared the cruise parking/ parking lot. I would NOT recommend that one-lol! We had booked it because we got a 2 bedroom suite for $150 a night for 3 adults, but it was pretty ragged and worn,although clean. Although I have not stayed at that particular Marriott you mention, I have stayed at many others and they are always nice.

I don't know if there is more than one Marriott but I can tell you the Residence Inn next door to the Country Inn & Suites is NOT a dump. It consistently gets #1 on Trip Advisor and is a very nice facility.

If there is another facility you are referring to that is within walking distance to the beach then we are talking about 2 different hotels.

Both Country Inn & Suites and the Residence Inn come highly recommended on these boards.

I don't know if there is more than one Marriott but I can tell you the Residence Inn next door to the Country Inn & Suites is NOT a dump. It consistently gets #1 on Trip Advisor and is a very nice facility.

If there is another facility you are referring to that is within walking distance to the beach then we are talking about 2 different hotels.

Both Country Inn & Suites and the Residence Inn come highly recommended on these boards.

You misunderstood me. I said I stayed at a hotel NEXT to the Residence Inn Marriott that shared a cruisers parking lot with them that was a dump. I only mentioned that because we could walk to the beach from there and so I was saying if you stayed at the Residents Inn Marriott you could walk to the beach.

I do not even remember the name of the place we stayed as this was back in 2004-9 years ago this past September. It was a member of "quality Inns" which if I understand correctly is not a chain but hotels that have been given "marks of excellence". This hotel certainly did not deserve to be a member but perhaps it had changed hands since it had been given that badge? All I know is it badly needed updating.

Several years later we booked Radisson Inn in a 2 room suite also. It was more, $199 a night but it was worth it.

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites two years ago. Parking and shuttle to & from the cruise port was included in the package. The hotel was clean. We were very happy and will stay there again the next time we cruise from Port Canaveral.

You misunderstood me. I said I stayed at a hotel NEXT to the Residence Inn Marriott that shared a cruisers parking lot with them that was a dump. I only mentioned that because we could walk to the beach from there and so I was saying if you stayed at the Residents Inn Marriott you could walk to the beach.

No, you have to be talking about a different hotel. The Residence Inn Marriot is on A1A about 2 blocks south of the port. The only neighboring hotel is Country Inn and Suites. Both hotels are around 5 or 6 years old. Nothing nearby would be considered in walking distance of the beach. In fact, they are both several miles from the beach.

Edited by DonnaK

No, you have to be talking about a different hotel. The Residence Inn Marriot is on A1A about 2 blocks south of the port. The only neighboring hotel is Country Inn and Suites. Both hotels are around 5 or 6 years old. Nothing nearby would be considered in walking distance of the beach. In fact, they are both several miles from the beach.

Okay, maybe it was a Marriott Fairfield. If I remember correctly it is called Coco beach in that area and it is a drive of a couple of miles to port in the shuttle.

Bottom line I guess is there are quite a number of parking hotels in the area, some within walking distance of the beach, but the OP should check them out at Trip advisor to see if they have good marks and not depend on it being a member of quality Inns as we did in the old days. Now that we have the internet it does help to find out which have good ratings.

That is what we now do. On our last cruise which was out of San Francisco, we checked Trip advisor and found 2 great hotels one by the SF airport and one in Sonoma Valley for post cruise. The airport one was Red Roof Inn, who would have thought a "budget" hotel would have great marks but it did and since we knew we would only be there a few hours, having a late night flight into SF, we took it. The hotel was fine, it had everything we would have gotten in a Marrott except for the Continental breakfast and lol after getting up the next morning and still being on east coast time, it felt like it was lunch time and we had missed a meal, so we were glad to buy a nice breakfast, a continental would have not been enough.

We would have never booked it though if Trip Advisor had not given it good ratings and with the money we saved there, we decided to rent a mustang convertible for our 2 days in Sonoma instead of a budget car. The weather was perfect for doing that too.

To the OP, you really should check Trip advisor for hotels with cruise parking too and realize Coco Beach is very convenient and several hotels there offer cruise parking.

My vote goes for the Radisson for sure. Awesome pool and hot tub and nice bar and restaurant. Plenty of food options within walking distance also. Good parking options for when you are on the cruise and shuttle takes you right to the port in about 10 minutes. Very nice rooms also. Reasonable price. I have stayed there twice. A good resort to stay at even if you are not going on a cruise. As an aside, if you fly into MCO and do not want to rent a car to drive to the cruise port, there are very good fairly priced hotels with shuttle connections right near the airport. I will use the LaQuinta just north of the airport as an example. Got a great rate of about $50 for the night. Flew in Saturday night before Sunday cruise, stayed here and got a shuttle for $18 a person each way to the port on Sunday that picked up right at the hotel.

We stayed at Ron Jon when we cruised from there in May. It was VERY nice-both the rooms and the grounds. They have a HUGE pool, lazy river, water slides, kiddie water park. It's a very nice place (if you are coming in early enough to play during the day before the cruise). They allow you to keep your vehicle there while you are on the cruise. :)