Fresh off Oasis!

When was formal night? We think 5th night on Western but 2 different reps insist it's night 6- Cozumel.Thanks.

Sent from my AT100 using Forums mobile app

I have tried to be less of a hoarder since I sold the big family house and moved to an apartment condo, so I didn't bring my Cruise Compasses home with me, but.............

My recollection is that you are correct and the phone reps are wrong.

I definitely remember than Eastern and Western were different, and Eastern is definitely 6th.

So there you go.

:)

Great cruise!! If you have any questions feel free to ask! I also got some new info about Quantum. The Broadway show announcement will be during the Thanksgiving Day Parade and there is going to be a RCCL float in the parade!
who was the cd and any idea of how long he or she will be assigned Edited by help04me
error

Great cruise!! If you have any questions feel free to ask! I also got some new info about Quantum. The Broadway show announcement will be during the Thanksgiving Day Parade and there is going to be a RCCL float in the parade!

Since this is a massive ship, does it feel

Like people are every where? Did y'all have to wait in lines at elevators, buffet, ect. We did the Magic in April and the lines were out of control. We swore we wouldn't take another ship that large. But we love RC so would be willing to give it a shot!

Since this is a massive ship, does it feel

Like people are every where? Did y'all have to wait in lines at elevators, buffet, ect. We did the Magic in April and the lines were out of control. We swore we wouldn't take another ship that large. But we love RC so would be willing to give it a shot!

Nope, never felt crowded. Whenever a show gets out there is a little waiting for elevators, but never more than a few minutes. Even the pool deck is never crowded. This is one of the most spacious ships and class that I have sailed on.

I agree with the above post. Ive been on the Oasis and the Alluer and the only time it was a little crowded was after a show. Its funny on how fast people disaper after a show is finished.. Long as you relax it wont be too bad. Trust me and I am a very impatiene person. :o

we will be sailing oasis on may17th( eastern) our sons want to go snorkling where are the best places to go thanks judy;)

Trunk Bay, St. John. Take the ferry over from St. Thomas to St. John. Most beautiful beach I've ever seen. They have a underwater snorkeling trail.

we will be sailing oasis on may17th( eastern) our sons want to go snorkling where are the best places to go thanks judy;)

Probably the best option on the Eastern itinerary is in St. Thomas. Don't do the catamaran snorkel trip in Nassau. We felt it was not worth it at all.

There are multiple options in St. Thomas. You can snorkel from a beach (Coki & Sapphire, we prefer Sapphire), go to St. John's for the day and snorkel one of the beaches there (Trunk Bay is the most popular) or take a private catamaran or day sail. Check out the Ports Forum on St. Thomas for lots of great information.

Your sons (of any age) would probably love Maho Beach in St. Martin & watching the planes flying in over head!

Check out my Allure review in my signature for a thorough description of what we did in each port on the Eastern route(with pictures).

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

When was formal night? We think 5th night on Western but 2 different reps insist it's night 6- Cozumel.Thanks.

Sent from my AT100 using Forums mobile app

I just went Oct. 12.

Sunday (night 2) and Wed (night 5) were formal nights. Both were sea days.

Really helped with getting ready.

I do have all the compasses for the Western, but can't find a way to post them.

Edited by m*u*g*

Do you know if they have the unlimited internet, if so how does it work, is it pretty fast.

We're cruising on the Oasis in February, and I'm interested in the same question. Have to do some business while on board, and need to know the current state of affairs with internet access.

Edited by TequilaToo

Nope, never felt crowded. Whenever a show gets out there is a little waiting for elevators, but never more than a few minutes. Even the pool deck is never crowded. This is one of the most spacious ships and class that I have sailed on.

I disagree. We just got off the Oasis three weeks ago and found just the opposite. Elevators, especially after the life boat drill and the parades int Royal Prommade were almost impossible to get, after they were over. If you go either to the Wndjammer, or Main dining room after, say 9am, expect to wait in line to get in. The same to be said for the Wndjammer, for lunch, after 12:30. Other than these times, it wasn't too bad.

Do you know if they have the unlimited internet, if so how does it work, is it pretty fast.

If I remember right, I think it's about $159. I don't know how it works for sure, but it probably works like the normal internet where you enter an access number and away you go. This was the fastest internet we've ever seen on a cruise ship.

We will be on the Oasis in 10 days!! I am trying to pack light. Did you go to the MDR for formal night? If so- did most men wear dinner jackets? and were there men without dinner jackets for formal night? My husband is thinking of wearing dress shirt with tie- no jacket for formal night. What is your input? Julie

I was on last week as well, and there is still no unlimited internet. I also used the mobile data extensively and it was just as slow as ever. The interesting thing was that my phone said 4G for Cellular at Sea, where I had only gotten G or E in the past on any RCCL ship. Even with the 4G on the phone, the data was still brutally slow. So I'm figuring they upgraded the ship side of things, but the bottleneck is the uplink/downlink.

any thoughts on overall likelihood of stand-by access to comedy club?

in process of trying to figure out what to book and hoping to work in a repeat of the club during our trip

The family friendly comedy seemed almost exactly the same minus a few swear words.