Syrup change on NCL?

johnjovi

I was in Bermuda once and walked up to the waffle station at my resort. They had three pitchers of syrup on the counter.

Now granted, I was 1) on an island, and 2) at a resort, so I really wasn't expecting real maple syrup, but there were three pitchers, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

The (very nice) lady who was making waffles to ordered assured me that, yes, the resort had real maple syrup, indicating all three pitchers with a wave. Aghast and impressed, but still a bit skeptical, I raised the first pitcher to my nose and gave it a sniff. Not the real stuff.

Well, they had to have some syrup for the uninitiated, I supposed. I tried the second pitcher. No love there either.

By now I was really not hopefully for my chances of maple-y goodness, but for completeness sake I sniffed the final pitcher. Alas, I was forced to accept my maple-less state and explained to the lady that there was no maple syrup to be had.

Her response? "You can tell by the smell?!?"

I guess that's how you know I'm a Vermonter.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

C'mon now. Fresh eggs are the best.

Here is the solution:

Get a doctor to diagnose you with something like epilepsy, narcolepsy, panic attacks, allergy to nonsense....

Antway, something workable. Then, get a service animal to alert you af an attack by the aforementioned affliction.

See where we're going here? Get a chicken for your service animal. A daily egg would be a bonus.

Now that is what I call thinking outside the box :D

C'mon now. Fresh eggs are the best.

Here is the solution:

Get a doctor to diagnose you with something like epilepsy, narcolepsy, panic attacks, allergy to nonsense....

Antway, something workable. Then, get a service animal to alert you af an attack by the aforementioned affliction.

See where we're going here? Get a chicken for your service animal. A daily egg would be a bonus.

You'll also need a rooster if you expect that chicken to keep laying eggs on a daily basis. :eek:

I was in Bermuda once and walked up to the waffle station at my resort. They had three pitchers of syrup on the counter.

Now granted, I was 1) on an island, and 2) at a resort, so I really wasn't expecting real maple syrup, but there were three pitchers, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

The (very nice) lady who was making waffles to ordered assured me that, yes, the resort had real maple syrup, indicating all three pitchers with a wave. Aghast and impressed, but still a bit skeptical, I raised the first pitcher to my nose and gave it a sniff. Not the real stuff.

Well, they had to have some syrup for the uninitiated, I supposed. I tried the second pitcher. No love there either.

By now I was really not hopefully for my chances of maple-y goodness, but for completeness sake I sniffed the final pitcher. Alas, I was forced to accept my maple-less state and explained to the lady that there was no maple syrup to be had.

That doesn't necessarily sound like the best hygiene practice at a guest buffet.

Edited by ColinIllinois

I had a similar experience in Cuba. Only I did'nt even sniff it just looked at it.

....always thinking.

Thinking, thinking......thinking......

Before you begin reading this please accept my apologies :eek:

It may be off topic a bit but some of us are not suffering from PCD yet but are definitely suffering from PCC (not Profession Cruise Consultant either). :o

So please accept this as it's meant, which is to give a smile :)

Ok, hang on now, we had a question :confused: Who's bringing the bread for the toast?

We have Maple Syrup from me, and Eggs from Terrytdx, kcwingwalker is bringing bacon... homemade Salsa from MPK218, Knobhdy will be sniffing out the real Maple Syrup, Collin is bringing a germmeter, luddite is bringing a rooster (maybe it's from the Little Red Rooster Restaurant but not sure) I guess realtorlady42 will have to bring the homemade bread if she wants French toast cause the rest of us are having omelets :D

Before you begin reading this please accept my apologies :eek:

It may be off topic a bit but some of us are not suffering from PCD yet but are definitely suffering from PCC (not Profession Cruise Consultant either). :o

So please accept this as it's meant, which is to give a smile :)

Ok, hang on now, we had a question :confused: Who's bringing the bread for the toast?

We have Maple Syrup from me, and Eggs from Terrytdx, kcwingwalker is bringing bacon... homemade Salsa from MPK218, Knobhdy will be sniffing out the real Maple Syrup, Collin is bringing a germmeter, luddite is bringing a rooster (maybe it's from the Little Red Rooster Restaurant but not sure) I guess realtorlady42 will have to bring the homemade bread if she wants French toast cause the rest of us are having omelets :D

whoa whoa whoa!!!

Careful now. Since I'm not eatin' in the buffet, I don't think that I should be obligated to bring food.

Oop. The rooster isn't for food.......

Well, OK then. I'll bring the rooster.

hey now, I did'nt say I was not having omelets...french toast AND omelets..and let's not forget the reduced sodium bacon... now that's a great breaky! :D

I can't bake bread...but I will eyeball the syrup and tell you if it is more mild or woodsy flavoured for those discriminating tastes;) I am bringing Maple syrup from the land of the Maple leaf :-)

Edited by realtorlady42

hey now, I did'nt say I was not having omelets...french toast AND omelets..and let's not forget the reduced sodium bacon... now that's a great breaky! :D

I can't bake bread...but I will eyeball the syrup and tell you if it is more mild or woodsy flavoured for those discriminating paletes;)

Ok, well then you bring the crate of Maple Syrup (I was thinking of your wallet but obviously you're ok with buying MS, LOL) and I'll bake the bread and then you can have some omelet and French toast... :D and yes, low sodium bacon too..

As much as I hate to modify the direction this is going . Would it be to much trouble for someone to bring a big barrel of corned Beef Hash :)

Goes great with salsa

Sure and since we're going that way... some hash browns too, for those who don't like corned beef hash :eek: can't imagine who that would be.. only thing is I can't eat tomatoes so.. no salsa for me.. unless it's zucchini .. :D

Ok, well then you bring the crate of Maple Syrup (I was thinking of your wallet but obviously you're ok with buying MS, LOL) and I'll bake the bread and then you can have some omelet and French toast... :D and yes, low sodium bacon too..

I'll bring both kinds of bacon and everyone will be happy. Hope we don't have to keep an eye out for the "Bacon Police":) But it's NCL so I don't think we'll be bothered.

I'll bring both kinds of bacon and everyone will be happy. Hope we don't have to keep an eye out for the "Bacon Police":) But it's NCL so I don't think we'll be bothered.

Darn, housework is calling but I'm getting so hungry with all this great sounding food... sheeeeeeesh.. :p

This has to be one of the worse cases of hijacking a thread I have ever see :eek: Wait I think I am one of the hyjackers:eek: Having said that I hope the NSA isn't snooping on this thread or I may not get on the Jewel in 3 weeks.:confused::cool:

This has to be one of the worse cases of hijacking a thread I have ever see :eek: Wait I think I am one of the hyjackers:eek: Having said that I hope the NSA isn't snooping on this thread or I may not get on the Jewel in 3 weeks.:confused::cool:

Sorry Terry, I did apologize for this terrible hijacking... but I'm really suffering right now :mad: I have a terrible case of PCC (Pre Cruise Craziness) and I would think you would be too but I take full blame for this :p

Sorry Terry, I did apologize for this terrible hijacking... but I'm really suffering right now :mad: I have a terrible case of PCC (Pre Cruise Craziness) and I would think you would be too but I take full blame for this :p

See you live in Canada but the NSA could be snooping on you too, so watch using words like Hijacking". I have that same disease PCC and I see we are both leaving at the same time for our cruises.

We all might as well stay home and cook the great foods we love. We know we can do it better than the cruise line cooks.

:tongue-in-cheek:

:p

Yes but if the cruise line is cooking my meals that means I am not cooking my meals. :D The worst cabin on any cruise ship with terrible yucky inedible syrup is still better than not being on a cruise ship:D

Edited by terrydtx

Oranges are coming into season here in the Sunshine State. Would anyone be interested in freshly-squeezed OJ?

The oranges will never get past the xray machines. Can you shoot them over the hull into the pool with a t-shirt cannon or something?