Syrup change on NCL?

johnjovi

While were at it, I refuse to drink that swill they call coffee. I'm bringing my fresh roast whole bean coffee and grinder. And that powder they call cheese... fowgedaboudit. I'm sure a block of pecorino romano will make it past the naughty room.

While were at it, I refuse to drink that swill they call coffee. I'm bringing my fresh roast whole bean coffee and grinder. And that powder they call cheese... fowgedaboudit. I'm sure a block of pecorino romano will make it past the naughty room.

Well then I assume the cheese is for omelets is it? We gotta get the menu down straight soon so we can have it all ready for our cruise... although perhaps we should find an available ship first... hmmm

the coffee I'm not sure about...is it strong? I can't drink strong coffee, it keeps me awake ... at night too..

Well then I assume the cheese is for omelets is it? We gotta get the menu down straight soon so we can have it all ready for our cruise... although perhaps we should find an available ship first... hmmm

the coffee I'm not sure about...is it strong? I can't drink strong coffee, it keeps me awake ... at night too..

The pecorino romano is for sprinkling over pasta. Yum! Maybe someone from Vermont can smuggle cheddar for your omelet.. not that processed cheese food substance they have on board. :D

The pecorino romano is for sprinkling over pasta. Yum! Maybe someone from Vermont can smuggle cheddar for your omelet.. not that processed cheese food substance they have on board. :D

:( Disappointed...although I guess we could ask someone to bring some great Canadian Cheddar Cheese...and maybe I'll just bring some Tim Horton's coffee too :rolleyes:

:( Disappointed...although I guess we could ask someone to bring some great Canadian Cheddar Cheese...and maybe I'll just bring some Tim Horton's coffee too :rolleyes:

Oh, now you're talking!!!!! You bring the Timmy's, and I'll make a special drive over to SugarBush Farm in Vermont - they have the world's most amazing 92-month aged cheddar cheese. It costs a fortune, but it's worth every penny. We'll shove some of that into that hog's saddle bags along with all the New Hampshire pure maple syrup I can round up. It'll be worth it so long as there's some Tim Horton's coffee involved!

Oh, now you're talking!!!!! You bring the Timmy's, and I'll make a special drive over to SugarBush Farm in Vermont - they have the world's most amazing 92-month aged cheddar cheese. It costs a fortune, but it's worth every penny. We'll shove some of that into that hog's saddle bags along with all the New Hampshire pure maple syrup I can round up. It'll be worth it so long as there's some Tim Horton's coffee involved!

Ya know, with as many potential pax that have read this thread we could have a party goin' on............Timmies and all..............get it ON

Maple Syrup, Tim Horton's Coffee, the Hog on the Hog, the Cheddar from Heaven, the Beer from the best darn Brewmaster, the best Eggs from the that ole' hen and that ole' rooster, geez I think we could really get 'er on....

Sounds like a really great breakfast.... not sure about Kylenyc's Romano cheese and pasta... but the OJ ... rabbit Waffles...

What have I missed.... ?

Who's got the ship? geez knew I was missing something... :o

Edited by B6ConMe

Ya know, with as many potential pax that have read this thread we could have a party goin' on............Timmies and all..............get it ON

Maple Syrup, Tim Horton's Coffee, the Hog on the Hog, the Cheddar from Heaven, the Beer from the best darn Brewmaster, the best Eggs from the that ole' hen and that ole' rooster, geez I think we could really get 'er on....

Sounds like a really great breakfast.... not sure about Kylenyc's Romano cheese and pasta... but the OJ ... rabbit Waffles...

What have I missed.... ?

Maybe the Pearl? What's one more cancellation?

What have I missed.... ?

How about a maple-infused Manhattan, garnished with...

...wait for it...

BACON!

manhattan

Edited by quercus alba

• 2 weeks later...
So what I'm hearing is I should bring several cases of Real Canadian Maple Syrup on my cruise this weekend and sell it, to possibly recoup the cost of my trip.

Gotcha...

Sounds like a great idea, you got Tampa....I got Miami... all taken care of..no worries..

Enjoy your cruise...

Another thread says the syrup has improved!:):):)

So I've heard...but haven't really seen true Maple Syrup Lovers saying it so I'm still taking my own. :D

I'll let you know when we get back whether it has improved or whether some ppl (j/k) really don't know their syrup. :(

It's kinda like BACON LOVERS, they only come out when it's bad... :p

• 1 month later...

Lpyrcruiser, Funny, we too always used to travel with NH maple syrup, but the last 2 times, we packed it in our checked luggage on flights, TSA opened the bottles prob because it looked like a threatening liquid. How do you pack yours?

I always skip the shore excursions and go into town to the local market. Using my Berlitz phrase book I ask the shopkeeper to point me to the syrup aisle where I choose the local breakfast syrup and buy a bottle to bring on board and enjoy. I've had Fig syrup from Greece, Agave syrup from Mexico, Lychee syrup in Thailand. Something called Golden Eagle table syrup in a Mobile, Ala. was interesting. It sure bests the buffet "syrup" and my Syrups of the World collection grows with each cruise.

I just hope NCL doesn't start charging a $15 syrup corkage fee for bringing it on board.