Syrup change on NCL?

johnjovi

If not then why so many complaints about them being watery and tasteless? Just asking as being new to NCL, no need to flame we. I accused HAL of using powdered eggs for their scrambled eggs too.

They are using bulk-bagged eggs. They are icky because they make a huge batch of them and cooked eggs don't keep well. It's a buffet. If you want good food......well, the buffet ain't where I go for good food.

We kept the empty!

Knocked back two Prairie Bombs Sunday. If you see it, get it. Ignore what your billfold is tellin' ya and get it.

Oh cool. I just got 3 bottles of Black Tuesday and some older Bruery anniversary beers...Cuir and Coton. I'm going to join their Reserve Club and will get limited edition barrel aged stuff. Pricey tho. The BT bottles were $30 each

Oh cool. I just got 3 bottles of Black Tuesday and some older Bruery anniversary beers...Cuir and Coton. I'm going to join their Reserve Club and will get limited edition barrel aged stuff. Pricey tho. The BT bottles were $30 each

No Bruery around here. Sigh.

First the beer snobs, then the syrup snobs...and from the looks of this thread, they've joined forces! :eek:

:D

We went over this in the other thread, It's beer geek...:D

I will leave the syrup reviews to the true syrup connoisseurs, of which I am not.

We kept the empty!

Knocked back two Prairie Bombs Sunday. If you see it, get it. Ignore what your billfold is tellin' ya and get it.

Prairie bombs. Where are you located? I thought that was just in this area.

Edited by ahaught

I've noticed a little bit of variability in the scrambled eggs on the buffet. Occasionally they'll appear to be a little "soupy". For the most part, though, they've been fine. If you are willing to stand in the omelet line, you can also ask the omelet chef to scramble a couple of eggs for you. They'll also fry up a couple to order as well as making all the usual varieties of omelets.

We do this both when cruiseing and staying at all Inclusive resorts. To me it is well worth the wait to know I am getting real fresh eggs.

Being from Canada I have to agree about the real Maple syrup. Never thought about carrying some with us that's a great idea!

Our Roll call for the Jewel is doing a gift exchange and we will be bringing a bottle of syrup...after reading this thread I suspect it will be a very popular item!

Prairie bombs. Where are you located? I thought that was just in this area.

Arkansas. We get some stuff from Okieland. I have a bottle of Nobama in the fridge. Didn't buy it here, a friend gave it to me.

In February on the Star we met a couple from Minnesota who make and bottle maple syrup. The difference between real maple syrup and flavored HFCS is the same as the difference between a tasty beer and swill such as Coor's Light. Once you cross over, there ain't no goin' back.

Being from Canada I have to agree about the real Maple syrup. Never thought about carrying some with us that's a great idea!

Our Roll call for the Jewel is doing a gift exchange and we will be bringing a bottle of syrup...after reading this thread I suspect it will be a very popular item!

Might get you sent to the Naughty Room, though! ;)