Syrup change on NCL?

johnjovi

The oranges will never get past the xray machines. Can you shoot them over the hull into the pool with a t-shirt cannon or something?

What I thought I'd do is go though security in line behind the guy with the rooster. While he had their full attention convincing them that the rooster was indeed a service animal, I'd nonchalantly slip through with all my oranges unsullied.

Although.... I must admit that your suggestion of using a tshirt cannon to shoot oranges into the pool deck might just be a lasting solution to the problem of chair hogs.

What I thought I'd do is go though security in line behind the guy with the rooster. While he had their full attention convincing them that the rooster was indeed a service animal, I'd nonchalantly slip through with all my oranges unsullied.

Although.... I must admit that your suggestion of using a tshirt cannon to shoot oranges into the pool deck might just be a lasting solution to the problem of chair hogs.

You guys have taken this to a whole new level and just to clarify...........

there will be NO SHOOTING allowed while getting our breakfast ready because if my maple syrup gets broken with one of those shots I'll be really .... oh never mind I'll still be on a cruise.... hehe and just got upsold to a suite..!! :eek: :D;):):p

there will be NO SHOOTING allowed while getting our breakfast ready because if my maple syrup gets broken with one of those shots I'll be really .... oh never mind I'll still be on a cruise.... hehe and just got upsold to a suite..!! :eek: :D;):):p

Suite or not, I bring my own maple syrup. :D

this thread is very entertaining--thanks everyone for the LOLs.

. . .I have that same disease PCC and I see we are both leaving at the same time for our cruises.

I don't get a condition pre-cruise. It's after the cruise (usually the morning I have to leave the ship). CW/RTW syndrome.

Yep, cruise withdrawal/return-to-work syndrome. Had a very bad case coming off my last cruise. Lasted at least 2 days.

Ok, well then you bring the crate of Maple Syrup (I was thinking of your wallet but obviously you're ok with buying MS, LOL) and I'll bake the bread and then you can have some omelet and French toast... :D and yes, low sodium bacon too..

We keep hearing about this bread item.

Here's the thing: Everything in a bread recipe can be used to meake.....

wait for it....

BEER!

Think about it.....

Why have bread when beer is so much better.

wait for it....

BEER!

Think about it.....

Well, I did know that ALMOST everything in bread can be used for..........................BEER...........................

you wait for it now............

that's why they call it a

BARLEY SANDWICH........... :p:p:p

Ok, I have to add to the thread hikacking. Rather than bring bacon, sausages etc. can anyone sneak a pig onboard? I used to butcher and really fresh cut bacon would really go good with the rabbit waffles, fresh eggs and real syrup. Of course, I would share with all those that contribute.

Ok, I have to add to the thread hikacking. Rather than bring bacon, sausages etc. can anyone sneak a pig onboard? I used to butcher and really fresh cut bacon would really go good with the rabbit waffles, fresh eggs and real syrup. Of course, I would share with all those that contribute.

The best one yet!:D

BTW Where can I sign up for the frech cut bacon?:confused:;)

TAKE THAT BACON POLICE!!!:eek::p

I think this will be an epic failure.

Why, You ask?

Because the hog will need hickory smoke and it is a certainty that they are not gonna allow a smoker.

How's THAT? Hijacked into a smoking thread.

I should get an award.:D

Edited by luddite

Why, You ask?

Because the hog will need hickory smoke and it is a certainty that they are not gonna allow a smoker.

throw some hickory chips into the ship's boilers and hang the hog inside the smoke stack and . . . wait for it. . . you have bacon or a Luau. Or as long as smoking is allowed on balconies we could smoke it there, just cant do in in our cabins. Don't ships still have smoking decks? Throw some real maple syrup on the hog and we have maple smoked bacon. Take that smoking and bacon police!!

Edited by terrydtx

Tell NCL that you are a French Truffle farmer and the pig is your service animal, that should get the pig onboard.:cool:

Hey, you want a hog onboard...........you got it..............cause you bring it............ :p

We all have responsibilities here... :)

Edited by B6ConMe

Why, You ask?

That depends whether the award is an auto-gratuity or covered under the daily service charge.

Plenty of pigs onboard. Just run over to the pool and grab a "chair hog"...........won't even be missed.

My Dad was a butcher so I can help supervise.

Edited by kcwingwalker

How about a hog on a hog?

3002.jpg

We can fill his saddle bags with these...

Maple_Syrup_Bottles.jpg

Then we can roll this baby up to the pool deck and let'r rip...

smoker.jpg

Think they'll allow it?

:eek::rolleyes::D

I just spit out my Log Cabin syrup reading this thread....

Priceless !!!

~robin and brian

Carnival Legend 2008

Carnival Miracle 2010

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Listen honey, if you thought that was real maple syrup.... read this :eek:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/388249

so sorry

But while I'm at it... I have a question...if you're smokin' that hog (obviously we'll have enough butchers and butchers supervisors) ...is the smoke gonna infiltrate my aft PH cabin on deck 8 or will I be unable to smell that lovely aroma...?

Edited by B6ConMe

How about a hog on a hog?

3002.jpg

We can fill his saddle bags with these...

Maple_Syrup_Bottles.jpg

Then we can roll this baby up to the pool deck and let'r rip...

smoker.jpg

Think they'll allow it?

:eek::rolleyes::D

Of course they'll allow it, what's not to love? sheeeeesh

Although...we may need to send out a few invites...the Captain...maybe a few others..

Of course they'll allow it, what's not to love? sheeeeesh

Although...we may need to send out a few invites...the Captain...maybe a few others..

And NCL is Freestyle.

"Only Norwegian offers Freestyle Cruising®, giving you the freedom and flexibility to do what you want, when you want."

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/whats-onboard

So we're good to go!:p

wait for it....

BEER!

Think about it.....

Ooh - the mattress thread resurrected (in joke - sorry:rolleyes:)

So:

we have the hog roast

who is bringing the home brew kit for some PROPER beer? :D

I believe it's this guy....:p he seems to know what's important for the beer...:eek:

Ooh - the mattress thread resurrected (in joke - sorry:rolleyes:)

So:

we have the hog roast

who is bringing the home brew kit for some PROPER beer? :D

and a bit of the bacon thread too

My SIL brews beer and I know he would love to be the brew master. DD doesn't like the smell, but she makes great pancakes. And DS was born in Vermont so he knows maple syrup. Heck let's bring everyone and take over the ship!

The Great Maple Syrup Mutiny!

So we are back to discussing syrup and back on topic:p