Syrup change on NCL?

johnjovi

OK you are right Luddite is the beer boss, but please let Capt. Alex help it would mean a lot to him.

OMG you guys are too funny you'll never guess what we're having for dinner.... and it's not Beer!! :p

This has been quite the day. I'm trying to explain to my DH, as he struggles to finish his work, how funny this thread is and he's just smiling at me... what a sweet guy. It has just added to my excitement about the upsell to the suite life so thanks to everyone who's contributed to it you've made my day!! :D

To B6conme:

To be honest I NEVER put syrup on my rabbit waffles.

For all of those that prefer only BUTTER on theirs I plan on bringing aboard a BUTTER CHURNER.

Happy Sailing on The Great Maple Syrup Mutiny!

~robin and brian

Carnival Legend 2008

Carnival Miracle 2010

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Edited by meatball_nyc

To B6conme:

To be honest I NEVER put syrup on my rabbit waffles.

For all of those that prefer only BUTTER on theirs I plan on bringing aboard a BUTTER CHURNER.

Happy Sailing on The Great Maple Syrup Mutiny!

~robin and brian

Carnival Legend 2008

Carnival Miracle 2010

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Well, can't really beat REAL butter... however do they use REAL butter on the ship or is it imitation, like the syrup? huh? So, while I love REAL butter, I also love REAL MAPLE SYRUP...;)

I think I've made my CHOICE!! MS it is :D

Sorry sorry, I needed to read the part about the CHURNER :eek so I guess you'd have real butter wouldn't you...? duh :)

Edited by B6ConMe

The butter is real butter.

We could work out the beer problem. Making the beer on a 7nighter presents a big problem. It needs more time.....but then, what's time to a hog? Everyone who knows THAT joke just smiled.:D

I've gotta say that my best use for the maple syrup is when I eat peas.

I dip my knife into the syrup and VOILA! , they don't fall off the knife!

Hey listen, ya know those theme cruises? well instead of a music theme cruise this is going to be just the same idea but different regiment... we're not mutinous... we're glutinous so we'll eat our way from sea to shining sea... with the pigs n hogs and homebrew too... and whatever else turns the churns...

I never use the syrup on the ships, or in any restaurant. You can pretty much guarantee that its not real maple syrup. Real maple syrup is not cheap and no business outside of an exclusive restaurant will buy it.

Usually its poorly flavored corn syrup. Sometimes they use low grade maple as flavoring. Low grade maple is really dark and kind of bitter and is good for coloring cheap syrups.

I guess Im a maple syrup snob :p

I totally understand and you are right. Pure maple syrup is pretty pricey but you need so little of it. It is super sweet and oh so delicious. That dark brown stuff with the pretty little log cabin on the label or the other with the 'fluffy' woman on the label are not maple anything.

I am sorry to hear the NCL tried to make a bad thing even worse though...NOT good.

I fully realize this is totally a "first world problem" but am slightly curious.

I just saw in a review of the Jewel that the syrup tasted disgusting. Interesting this was brought up as we had a syrup "problem" a couple weeks ago on the Breakaway. The syrup was absolutely disgusting - we actually thought it was spoiled/rancid and I reported it. Then we tried the syrup again the next day and it was the same. So I asked the Maitre d' about it and he said that they changed their supplier and this was a "different" kind of syrup - not maple flavored. He said they had been getting many complaints. He said they had this different syrup for awhile and was hoping it would change soon.

He did suggest using the "No Sugar Added" syrup and it did the trick - at least it was edible.

Has anyone else experienced this recently on other NCL ships?

No, but thanks for the warning.

The butter is real butter.

We could work out the beer problem. Making the beer on a 7nighter presents a big problem. It needs more time.....but then, what's time to a hog? Everyone who knows THAT joke just smiled.:D

I DID smile, because I know the joke!

Yeah, the Geico piggy can drive himself to the pier in his convertable. Or, we can use the chair hogs.

Now those chair hogs, do you think we make a nice spicy Maple Syrup BBQ sauce that it would add some colour and taste to them? It would make it easier.

We need to have some spiced up ribs like we had for dinner last evening, :D

Edited by B6ConMe

Now back to the maple syrup topic, I seem to have lost count of how many people will be bring their own maple syrup on board.

"Maple_Syrup_Bottles.jpg"

You know the cruiselines do monitor these threads and rumor has talks of a $3.00 per bottle corkage fee.

Ya know , if you all bring enough of that syrup and some brings a bag of taters . I have an old family recipe that will fine tune that into something slightly more useful . ;)

We would only need a hot tub , a tarp and some copper tubing :D

All in one day ...

Now back to the maple syrup topic, I seem to have lost count of how many people will be bring their own maple syrup on board.

"Maple_Syrup_Bottles.jpg"

You know the cruiselines do monitor these threads and rumor has talks of a $3.00 per bottle corkage fee.

Well, here ya go then, this is the real deal: mizlorinj is bringing her own Maple Syrup, I guess she doesn't want good Canadian Maple Syrup, WaldosPepper is sending a Hog on a Hog with saddle bags packed full of Maple Syrup and I'm bringing a crate!

Hopefully that will be enough for our Mutinous Glutinous Cruise... or whatever else you'd like to call this theme cruise. :eek: :D :p