The talk today

mikel24m

When it first came on (The Talk) I told DW that remember when we use to watch the Love Boat and thought that all of the cabins were as large as Captain Stubing's. All of the passageways were fifteen feet wide and the CD always went around and talked to all of the passengers.

I remember the episode where Doc talked this young lady into sharing his HUGE stateroom. Her boyfriend was treating her like crap and he offered his stateroom as a sanctuary while trying to hit on her every chance he got. Also, in this same episode, Gopher managed to hook up with a reporter that was onboard. Can you imagine if the crew behaved like that now?

A talk show with Julie Chen, Sharon Osborne, Sara Gilbert, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler as the hosts.

Not sure too many guys would admit to watching a show like that:eek:.

I remember the episode where Doc talked this young lady into sharing his HUGE stateroom. Her boyfriend was treating her like crap and he offered his stateroom as a sanctuary while trying to hit on her every chance he got. Also, in this same episode, Gopher managed to hook up with a reporter that was onboard. Can you imagine if the crew behaved like that now?

You're probably right Doc.

Nobody got action like the Doc on LB. ;)

Ummm, that was tame compared to what really goes on behind the cruise staff curtains. I worked on ships. This TV show needed to be G rated. Real-life....not so much! :)

BTW, LOVED The Love Boat. Still do!!

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

I don't drop what I'm doing to watch it but if DW is watching it and there's something interesting on it, I'll watch it. It's no different than watching Letterman or Leno other than the hosts are women. They have a lot of interesting guests on it.

I sailed on the "Love Boat", Pacific Princess, for my second cruise in 1999. I had sailed on Enchantment of the Seas earlier that year for my first. I used to watch the Love Boat all the time and it was interesting to see all the places on the ship I had seen so many times on the TV show. There was no outdoor pool.

I sailed on the "Love Boat", Pacific Princess, for my second cruise in 1999. I had sailed on Enchantment of the Seas earlier that year for my first. I used to watch the Love Boat all the time and it was interesting to see all the places on the ship I had seen so many times on the TV show. There was no outdoor pool.

That's awesome!! You can still watch reruns for free on Hulu

I sailed on the "Love Boat", Pacific Princess, for my second cruise in 1999. There was no outdoor pool.

Maybe the weather wasn't good -- There was a magrodome over the pool

Here it is closed before going to the breakers :( In good weather it's open

047-pacifictopdeckffwdfromstbd-copy-592x444.jpg

Edited by CRUZBUDS

I loved the show "The Love Boat". My husband and I watched it all the time when we were dating. We wanted to go on a cruise for our honeymoon but it was way out of our budget. It took us 25 years before we took our first cruise but we finally did it!