FOS best place to eat after boarding

We usually board early and Windjammer is fine. As time goes by and more people board it can become absolute chaos and is a place to avoid.

Agreed. Ive always been able to get on board early, get in the WJ and get out while its still fairly empty. I have never seen the mass chaos.

Agreed. Ive always been able to get on board early, get in the WJ and get out while its still fairly empty. I have never seen the mass chaos.

What time would that be? Meaning what time that you get to terminal? Leaving next weekend and would like to avoid the crowds. Staying at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach so wanted to factor in travel time.

What time would that be? Meaning what time that you get to terminal? Leaving next weekend and would like to avoid the crowds. Staying at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach so wanted to factor in travel time.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn prior to our Freedom cruise in August, it is only about 10 minutes from the port. We had a rental to return so we left the hotel around 10:00am, returned car at Hertz and took their shuttle to the port. We got in line outside the terminal at around 10:30, waited a few minutes before they let us inside. Once inside, we got checked in and waited a few more minutes before they started allowing people on the ship. We were on the royal promenade by 11:02.:)

We were in a suite so we boarded with the first group but there weren't that many people waiting to board at all.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn prior to our Freedom cruise in August, it is only about 10 minutes from the port. We had a rental to return so we left the hotel around 10:00am, returned car at Hertz and took their shuttle to the port. We got in line outside the terminal at around 10:30, waited a few minutes before they let us inside. Once inside, we got checked in and waited a few more minutes before they started allowing people on the ship. We were on the royal promenade by 11:02.:)

We were in a suite so we boarded with the first group but there weren't that many people waiting to board at all.

Wow! Thanks. No Suite here unfortunately, but being my first RCI cruise, I'm very excited to get onboard and start exploring.

Edited by unc1acc

Wow! Thanks. No Suite here unfortunately, but being my first RCI cruise, I'm very excited to get onboard and start exploring.

If you are checked in before boarding starts, then you have to wait your turn according to the hierarchy. (you are last ;))

If you check in after boarding is in progress, you just go right on. :)

We went straight up to the pool deck - toured around the whole deck.

Had 7 @ 9 yr olds so they had a ball in the kids pool - they were on their own for a while - then it got busier.

One person stayed with kids/hand luggage - others went to Solarium for food and brought out a tray.

Had great pool side seats and only ones in the pool!!! Stayed put until after rooms were ready.

Very nice!!

We went straight up to the pool deck - toured around the whole deck.

Had 7 @ 9 yr olds so they had a ball in the kids pool - they were on their own for a while - then it got busier.

One person stayed with kids/hand luggage - others went to Solarium for food and brought out a tray.

Had great pool side seats and only ones in the pool!!! Stayed put until after rooms were ready.

Very nice!!

There isn't any food in the Solarium on FOS from what I saw.

I just went on FOS this past summer (2013). We got to the Windjammer probably by noon and it was a madhouse! I thought we would never get a seat. And we had some carry ons. Then, I saw a short line with a rope (like you see in movie theaters). Waitstaff helped the people standing there find a table. I finally gave up and stood in line. In no time at all, they found my family a nice table for 5. So, look for the line with a rope. The waiters work together (talking on phones) and claim tables as they are vacated and cleaned. They hold them until you can get there.

I just went on FOS this past summer (2013). We got to the Windjammer probably by noon and it was a madhouse! I thought we would never get a seat. And we had some carry ons. Then, I saw a short line with a rope (like you see in movie theaters). Waitstaff helped the people standing there find a table. I finally gave up and stood in line. In no time at all, they found my family a nice table for 5. So, look for the line with a rope. The waiters work together (talking on phones) and claim tables as they are vacated and cleaned. They hold them until you can get there.

Thank you. That's really good to know. I've heard that the waiters can help you find a table, but I had never heard of the roped waiting area. Sounds quick & efficient. Is that area there everyday or just on embarktion?