10 Day Caribbean Sojourn Review

nolatravelgirl

My wife & I were on the November 27th sailing of the Sojourn as well. We felt the food was quite good and actually more options than on previous Seaboun sailings. I recognized several crew members from the smaller ships that told me they had been transferred to the Sojourn such as Bogdon the restaurant manager and Nelson the bartender. Their were several waiters in training and we experienced a number of occasions where the courses were delivered in the wrong order, such as salad before appetizer, and waiters were confused about who ordered what. I had a conversation with Bogdon and Annabel the cruise director about the experiences and Annabel stated that management was aware of the problem & it was being addressed. We found the staff & crew to be courteous and professional, although service was not what I have experienced in the past. I would like to think this was an anomaly and that Seaboun will get its act together. This was a cruise that started with having the captain being replaced after the previous captain had a heart attack and it seemed that it took a few days for things to settle down.

Just the latest reviews under 'member reviews' on Sojourn, and they are both about 90% positive. Maybe the various pax were not all on the same cruise, as there are several 10 day Caribbean trips, but it does seem strange.

Anyway, good to read that some people are still liking Sojourn.

Just the latest reviews under 'member reviews' on Sojourn, and they are both about 90% positive. Maybe the various pax were not all on the same cruise, as there are several 10 day Caribbean trips, but it does seem strange.

Anyway, good to read that some people are still liking Sojourn.

Surely it's just some prat trying to wind up people.

There is nothing to back his post up anywhere.

I shall be on the Sojourn from Monday.

Karl Eckle has been Hotel Director and Vitor Alves starts on Monday.

Nothing will be amiss.

Surely it's just some prat trying to wind up people.

There is nothing to back his post up anywhere.

I shall be on the Sojourn from Monday.

Karl Eckle has been Hotel Director and Vitor Alves starts on Monday.

Nothing will be amiss.

I take it you are renting a pedalo (paddle boat for the US cousins) and meeting her out in the Caribbean.

I'll see you aboard when she docks in Port Everglades on Tuesday. :)

Henry ;)

A good job my old tub is safely tied up in Gosport then :)

See you Tuesday.

The wind is backing off, dawn is just starting to break and it looks like we are in for a hot one today. Tuesday looks like a moderate Northerly breeze around 15 knots, low cloud cover but dry. Temperatures in the early 20 degrees Celcius, around 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

Long Range for San Blas looks like gentle breeze, temperatures around 28 degrees Celcius, 82 degrees Fahrenheit, partial low cloud cover and the possibility for a spot of rain around 16.00hrs. Previous days indicate a steady North Easterly Breeze around 10-12 knots.

Henry :)

I will put something together... the food was horrible and the one excursion we went on was unacceptable... I did speak with destination services who said that they would get back with me, but never heard from them... we had a sushi special order that I would not have even given my worst enemy... same for the crepes suzette... same food almost every night in another variety... tasteless... as for maintenance, the pipe on our PH veranda, had no paint on top and the woodwork in the pool area needed to be refinished... I could go on and on but for what we paid, we expected a lot more!!!! the cabin was lovely and was cleaned as needed... no problems there... the special request was not done on the night we requested and had confirmed and no one told us prior to sitting down... a call to our cabin would have been nice so that we would have known prior...

Oooooh,

That tour, that dessert, that pipe's paintwork and the pool's maintenance, and that sushi order...I would have cancelled my future 2 cruises as well.

Best of luck elsewhere in 2014 and beyond.

Happy sailing- wherever your travel agent takes you!

A good job my old tub is safely tied up in Gosport then :)

See you Tuesday.

The wind is backing off, dawn is just starting to break and it looks like we are in for a hot one today. Tuesday looks like a moderate Northerly breeze around 15 knots, low cloud cover but dry. Temperatures in the early 20 degrees Celcius, around 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

Long Range for San Blas looks like gentle breeze, temperatures around 28 degrees Celcius, 82 degrees Fahrenheit, partial low cloud cover and the possibility for a spot of rain around 16.00hrs. Previous days indicate a steady North Easterly Breeze around 10-12 knots.

Henry :)

Thank you Michael Fish.;)

I will put something together... the food was horrible and the one excursion we went on was unacceptable... I did speak with destination services who said that they would get back with me, but never heard from them... we had a sushi special order that I would not have even given my worst enemy... same for the crepes suzette... same food almost every night in another variety... tasteless... as for maintenance, the pipe on our PH veranda, had no paint on top and the woodwork in the pool area needed to be refinished... I could go on and on but for what we paid, we expected a lot more!!!! the cabin was lovely and was cleaned as needed... no problems there... the special request was not done on the night we requested and had confirmed and no one told us prior to sitting down... a call to our cabin would have been nice so that we would have known prior...

Please don't give Ronnie a hard time. We have just returned from the Quest Antarctica cruise and although we loved it, had some of the same problems. We had peeling paint on the pipe on our PH veranda, the metal partitions were held together with gaffa tape ( no idea why), the veranda furniture was rusty and badly pitted. The food was the worst we have had on Seabourn but we put it down to our itinerary - not many fresh farmers markets there. We will not give up on Seabourn but hope this is not a sign of the times. We did however have a bad experience with Silversea and cancelled our next booking with them so I know how he feels.

as for maintenance, the pipe on our PH veranda, had no paint on top I think RonnieL means the pipe that is actually part of the track that the window cleaning car travels along as the balcony windows are cleaned.....I do not think any cruise line has figured out a way for the rollers to travel along the bar without stripping off the paint........

Although I do not agree with RonnieL's views at least he came back and explained why he felt he did not enjoy Seabourn.

I too was on the Sojourn nov 27 sailing. It was my first time on Seabourn and I was quite disappointed. Ok, I know food is subjective but I found the evening menus very uninspiring. I agree with ronnieL, different names but same taste each night.

At night, there is a choice of two bars to sit in. One has such loud music that we couldn't talk and the other stank of cigarette smoke.

The paint on our veranda furniture was peeling. We filled in a questionnaire after the second day and noted this. The following morning it was changed but I do think it shouldn't have been in that state in the first place. Apart from that I thought the ship was in a good condition.

Service started out poor and we complained to Bogdan who listened. After that our service did improve but we don't want to be known as 'the complainers'.

Would I go on a Seabourn ship again? Yes but I won't desert the other premium lines that I've sailed on in favour of seabourn. It will depend entirely on the itinerary.

We did end up enjoying the trip as we met some fun people.

Edited by Grandma Gilly

Well I am not very good at following through, but here are some photos from the Beach Day at Isla Catalina. A few points of note:

• There are mosiquitos galore, so be sure to bring your repellent or check the water sports table for repellent wipes
  • The guys in bright yellow shirts work on the island and if they assist you with getting situated they will want a tip. I wasn't prepared for this
  • The loungers are quite low to the ground and they didn't have any regular chairs near the surf, though I am sure if you asked they would fetch one for you.
  • Caviar was at 11:30 and the lunch buffet opened at noon
  • The private island was the only time I saw disposable glassware, so if you are offended by this, stay on the boat. Real plates and silverware were provided for lunch
  • The water was quite choppy, though this could have been do to the overall weather conditions.
  • There is a steep drop off at the beach
  • The only restroom facilities were up two flights of stairs and behind the buffet area

10820672555_0acc673669_b.jpg

IMG_0939 by nolatravelgirl, on Flickr

10820676935_23f75aeb54_b.jpg

IMG_0941 by nolatravelgirl, on Flickr

10820682705_a912b96229_b.jpg

IMG_0942 by nolatravelgirl, on Flickr

10820691145_af41ffc5a9_b.jpg

IMG_0943 by nolatravelgirl, on Flickr

10820991123_7d287aa3f4_b.jpg

IMG_0944 by nolatravelgirl, on Flickr

10820699065_6ca62070d2_b.jpg

IMG_0945 by nolatravelgirl, on Flickr