No Liquid Soap on Equinox

lenbest

Think that is more of a UK thing. I have never bought body wash, we like our bar soap:) I know DH for sure would never use body wash lol.

We were on the Equinox in August. They do not give out body wash except in suites. I asked our steward, he told me he would have to check with his supervisor, and soon thereafter, four bottles appeared in the cabin. So, ask!

We were on the Equinox in August. They do not give out body wash except in suites. I asked our steward, he told me he would have to check with his supervisor, and soon thereafter, four bottles appeared in the cabin. So, ask!

Aqua Class rooms also include Shower Gel.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=EQ#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=AQ&cabincls=B&shipCode=EQ

I always have brought a travel-size bottle of body wash/gel with me, no matter where I'm going. I bring my own shampoo and conditioner, too. I take the hotel samples with me and use them when necessary. I do not take a hairdryer because hotels and ships provide them. I have short, easy-care hair and the dryers do the trick for me. Less weight in my baggage.

Just got back from a cruise on Equinox and was dismayed to find that there was no Liquid Soap(body wash) in our cabin.Is this the now the norm, as if this is now policy I shall have to bring my own in future.

shower gel is available in suites or by request if available.

I always bring my own shower gel and shampoo anyway. I am particular.

Think that is more of a UK thing. I have never bought body wash, we like our bar soap:) I know DH for sure would never use body wash lol.

Not just UK thing. We stay in hotels quite often (Holiday Inns) and there is usually bar soap and shower gel provided as well as shampoo and conditioner. We did not have shower gel in our cabin on the Silhouette in February. We new this ahead of time so we brought our own.

[quote:

Originally Posted by lenbest viewpost.gif

Any hotel in UK would offer liquid soap as normal practice.

Shower Gel is not assumed to be a standard amenity in the USA. Bar soap is the norm.

I am not a fan of shower gel especially the dispenser variety and have always assumed that hotels only use it because its cheaper, refill and re-use vs throw away part used soap. So I always request bar soap if its available.

Thanks for your comments -I think from the reply's that celebrity should make it known before sailing that you need to provide your own.Other cruise lines seem to provide a bath/shower gel.

and the consensus is (at least from Royal pax) is that the stuff in the dispensers is lousy. the tube stuff available upon request (or standard in suites) is marginally better.

the websites do indicate, if you do the research, what each cabin has as far as amenities.

toiletries are always subjective and personal. travel size containers are small enough to not take up valuable shoe storage space( hellI have been known to stick them inside my shoes!) so it is not a huge deal to provide your own.

I even do it when I travel to relative's homes.

The first time we cruised Celebrity 4 years ago, I didn't take shower gel, assuming we would have some in the cabin.

I certainly learnt by my mistake!

We did have some, however a couple of years later when we were in a Concierge cabin but I always take my own now.

Shower Gel is not assumed to be a standard amenity in the USA. Bar soap is the norm.

Based on my travels in the last 10 years or so, I'm not sure that there is a norm anymore. Even at home, I have both gel and a bar of soap and arbitrarily use one or the other daily. On the other hand, my athletic club only offers gel.

As long as there is something of decent quality provided, I really don't care what format it takes.

Edited by Fouremco

Thanks for your comments -I think from the reply's that celebrity should make it known before sailing that you need to provide your own.Other cruise lines seem to provide a bath/shower gel.

You think the cruiseline should tell you that you need to bring your

own soap?:eek:

Sorry, I disagree with you. Guess I am just easy. I feel like what is

provided works just fine.

Edited by Lois R

Celebrity lists what is included in your cabin. This is how I knew that they did not provide show gel. If I remember correctly Concierge class and up do include shower gel.

Interestingly enough, the website does list shower gel as one of the "extra" amenities for Concierge class and up, but lists neither soap nor gel for Aqua class and down:

Amenities

Robe

Complimentary tote bag

Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs

Water/wine glasses

Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure Egyptian cotton linens

Hair dryer

Interestingly enough, the website does list shower gel as one of the "extra" amenities for Concierge class and up, but lists neither soap nor gel for Aqua class and down:

Amenities

Robe

Complimentary tote bag

Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs

Water/wine glasses

Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure Egyptian cotton linens

Hair dryer

Fast fingers and slow mind. :o This of course should have said "lists neither soap nor gel for Veranda class and down".