First time on Enchantment, a report with pictures!

DarthGrady

Your pictures were great. I sailed on the Enchantment on an 8 day repo after she was stretched, but before the rennovation up grades. The ship looks much better in your photos than I remember her being. One thing, when we were on the ship, the theater filled up so quickly and it was hard to find a seat if you came in late.

Awesome review and pics Thanks so much for posting it and for sharing your trip. It makes me even more excited for our Enchantment cruise 11 weeks from tomorrow. I sure like those perks you got. Hubby is Platinum on Carnival and I get to enjoy his perks too. But they've definitely cut them recently. It's only our 5th RCI cruise. So we won't get the nice ones that you got for a while. But it gives me something to look forward to and more incentive to take more RCI cruises.

Thanks for the pictures and review. Sailed her this past February out of Baltimore and will miss her sailing from there. Don't have a cruise planned, but after seeing her again, I am getting the bug big time.

Great ship and good configuration. The stretch really makes a big difference, especially on the upper deck for more room.

As far as the attack curtains, I threw a towel on the ground in front of the shower and left the curtain open. Turned the shower head towards the back and really didn't get any water on the floor. Worked great for me, can't stand getting mummified inside the curtain!

Great photos. Thanks for this review. We'll be on Enchantment in a few months. Looks good.

The pictures ARE great. I was on Enchantment's last sailing before she went in to dry dock to be lengthened (which was in 2004) I am booked on her for April 28, 2014 and I can tell by the pictures that I am really going to enjoy sailing on her again. I've already picked out my two favorite spots R. Bar and Oasis :)

I read that John Blair is the new Cruise Director for a while. Is his wife,

Katrina Blair, onboard as his Activities Manager?

Thanks for the review- can't wait to be on her for New Years!!

Renee

Yes,they are both there.

Great review. Question for you about leaving? Did you check bags the night before or did you walk your bags out?

One other thing about the overflow lounge... Did you have to go up to get drinks when you sat down there or did the VCL bartender get them for you?

Great review. Question for you about leaving? Did you check bags the night before or did you walk your bags out?

One other thing about the overflow lounge... Did you have to go up to get drinks when you sat down there or did the VCL bartender get them for you?

We carried our luggage on and off the ship. We both only had one bag, so it was a pretty easy process.

There were bar waiters on the lower for serving drinks to any D/D+/P guests that sat down there. There was only food setup on the lower for the first night though. That was also the busiest night, so they apparently have their crowd predictions down to a science.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Awesome review and pics Thanks so much for posting it and for sharing your trip. It makes me even more excited for our Enchantment cruise 11 weeks from tomorrow. I sure like those perks you got. Hubby is Platinum on Carnival and I get to enjoy his perks too. But they've definitely cut them recently. It's only our 5th RCI cruise. So we won't get the nice ones that you got for a while. But it gives me something to look forward to and more incentive to take more RCI cruises.

Absolutely, RCI's past guest program is the main reason we continue to book the majority of our cruises with them. Hopefully they keep the program as is, I know there have been many rumors floating around that there might be changes on the horizon.

Thanks for the pictures and review. Sailed her this past February out of Baltimore and will miss her sailing from there. Don't have a cruise planned, but after seeing her again, I am getting the bug big time.

Great ship and good configuration. The stretch really makes a big difference, especially on the upper deck for more room.

As far as the attack curtains, I threw a towel on the ground in front of the shower and left the curtain open. Turned the shower head towards the back and really didn't get any water on the floor. Worked great for me, can't stand getting mummified inside the curtain!

Not a bad idea about just leaving the curtain open. Couldn't really hurt anything, everything in the bathroom is plastic anyway. For that matter, they could always go the R.V. route and make the whole bathroom a shower.

The pictures ARE great. I was on Enchantment's last sailing before she went in to dry dock to be lengthened (which was in 2004) I am booked on her for April 28, 2014 and I can tell by the pictures that I am really going to enjoy sailing on her again. I've already picked out my two favorite spots R. Bar and Oasis :)

Those would be my two choices as well. We didn't do much drinking on this cruise (at least compared to some cruises I've been on), but those are the nicest places for it.

Great review!

Grady, like your previous reports I'm enjoying this one! Once again thanks for taking your time to post these great pictures!

Thanks, I'm glad you've enjoyed it!

Absolutely, RCI's past guest program is the main reason we continue to book the majority of our cruises with them. Hopefully they keep the program as is, I know there have been many rumors floating around that there might be changes on the horizon.

Interesting that you say that. This morning when I checked my email, I noticed a survey on the loyalty program asking what was my favorite and least favorite perks. It would list five perks and I would pick my favorite and least favorite. It went through several choices like that. Got the feeling that they were going to eliminate some of the perks, but my optimistic side said maybe there are going to add some better perks.

Hope I am wrong on the slashing of perks, but based on one of your earlier comments, sounds like they have eliminated some of the perks with the new paperless ones.

Sailed the Enchantment in late September/Early October and had a wonderful time. It is a gorgeous ship. Glad you had the escargots as my sailing did not.

I just got off the Enchantment on Friday. Very nice cruise with great entertainment in the lounges and on stage. Something Carnival is lacking these days. How did you get so many pictures with no one or just a few people in the photos? Everytime I visited any of those areas there were people all over the place. Nice pictures though.

I just got off the Enchantment on Friday. Very nice cruise with great entertainment in the lounges and on stage. Something Carnival is lacking these days. How did you get so many pictures with no one or just a few people in the photos? Everytime I visited any of those areas there were people all over the place. Nice pictures though.

Thanks, I just go around the ship when most folks are elsewhere. We've been to Nassau many times, so we didn't stay ashore all day. Once I got back on board I went around getting my shots. Glad to hear you guys had a nice cruise, you must have been on the sailing right after ours.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you Grady for the great pics and review ! We just booked her this morning for a 3 day cruise in January. It will be our first time on her but we have been on Grandeur before and it looks like some similarities . Can you get breakfast in the CL or DL or is there a speciality restaurant that offers it ? Thanks !

Thank you Grady for the great pics and review ! We just booked her this morning for a 3 day cruise in January. It will be our first time on her but we have been on Grandeur before and it looks like some similarities . Can you get breakfast in the CL or DL or is there a speciality restaurant that offers it ? Thanks !

They have a continental breakfast in the DL and CL, I never saw it though. I heard that it's pretty limited, just cold stuff and fruit.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for taking the time to post these pictures. We are going on her in January and after looking at all your photos I realize she is a much nicer ship than I expected.

I was thinking the same thing! We will be on her in March and I was a little hesitant since we have been sailing on the big ladies, the Oasis and Allure, but these photos have convinced me the Enchantment is going to be .... enchanting :)

• 3 weeks later...