Platinium Will You Make It

CruiseHealing

Waiting to book my platinum cruise on my Thanksgiving cruise next week! Anyone know if I can book a cruise on the sensation?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I believe you have to cruise by the end of the year. Not just book it.

And of course, those Plats that complain the loudest about FTTF are the ones who made Plat on 2 and 3 day cruises! :D

Ok Country Club:p..... I made it years ago, doing it mostly long cruises, as well

I agree with STU

Edited by jonbgd

My wife and I will be on a thanksgiving cruise on the imagination which will be our 10th carnival cruise

1989 Carnivale

1992 Fantasy

1995 Holiday

1996 Ecstasy

1999 Imagination

2004 Majesty

2007 Celebration

2008 Splendor of the Seas

2009 Miracle

2011 Carnival Valor

2012 Windstar

2012 Avalon Creativity

2013 Carnival Fantasy

Future Carnival Imagination

Future Windstar

Ok Country Club:p..... I made it years ago, doing it mostly long cruises, as well

I agree with STU

And even though you made it on long cruises, you're free to complain as well. Still doesn't change the fact that the decision lies solely with Carnival and your complaining (nor anyone else's) will change Carnival's decision. Your only options are to continue sailing with Carnival in light of their decisions (that you may or may not like) or sail with someone else.

I'm hardly Country Club.........more like Ghetto Club! :D

Waiting to book my platinum cruise on my Thanksgiving cruise next week! Anyone know if I can book a cruise on the sensation?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Good grief, why are you waiting? Will you be richer next week? Either way, the cruise must reach sailed status by the end of December, not just booked.

Do you want to book a cruise to be on Sensation, or are you asking if you can book a cruise while actually on the Sensation? If it's the latter, I doubt if they will have a booking desk.

Not even close - our next cruise is in February, will be my sixth, DH's fifth, and DD's third cruise - my third with CCL, DH's and DD's second with CCL. Will be 22 nights total on CCL for me in February. My NEXT cruise after that with Carnival will bump me to the Gold level. Whoopdeedoo! :rolleyes: :p

We achieved platinum status this month.

Our daughter will be going on her 10th cruise in January 2014. Her status is listed as platinum on the cruise documents. We will have to see if that changes by the time we cruise.

That might be true. I thought the cruise had to be completed.

This indeed will raise questions, I would think. If someone booked #10 for later in the year, will it still be platinum?

Not even close - our next cruise is in February, will be my sixth, DH's fifth, and DD's third cruise - my third with CCL, DH's and DD's second with CCL. Will be 22 nights total on CCL for me in February. My NEXT cruise after that with Carnival will bump me to the Gold level. Whoopdeedoo! :rolleyes: :p

I was excited to make Gold on my 11/14 Ecstacy cruise.........ImageUploadedByForums1385046838.193642.jpg.aa853b9eac3f2520665ed3d52bbf795e.jpg

That was my goal for the year LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SailingRNC

That might be true. I thought the cruise had to be completed.

This indeed will raise questions, I would think. If someone booked #10 for later in the year, will it still be platinum?

I know!

We booked our cheap cruise in November just to make platinum. I already had the January cruise booked before that.

Does that mean we could have achieved Platinum in January? That is the question.

Doesn't matter too much to me, we enjoyed our November cruise and the price was right.

I am putting my money on the fact that the tech guys haven't figured out how to tell their system that #of cruises don't count anymore after 1/1/14. They may get it fixed at beginning of year...... just like the site still showing FTTF as per person. Many of us have confirmed old method ends this year and have heard no exceptions.

We took our Platinum Cruise last week on the Sensation. It was a short cruise booked just for that reason. It just happened to line up with a short vacation slot that I already scheduled. Had a great time and have no regrets doing it. Actually had 5 first timers go with us too. Now we are set for our Liberty cruise in Feb!

I am putting my money on the fact that the tech guys haven't figured out how to tell their system that #of cruises don't count anymore after 1/1/14. They may get it fixed at beginning of year...... just like the site still showing FTTF as per person. Many of us have confirmed old method ends this year and have heard no exceptions.

That is probably it. I'll let you know what happens in January.