Platinium Will You Make It

CruiseHealing

We did a B2B last January to make it to Platinum. We were lucky because we received Platinum status on our 9th cruise since it was B2B. Surprised by that.

The only problem with doing B2B to get to Platinum is we're hooked on Platinum and doing another one this coming January.

We did the same - called before our 9th, 10th B2B and they graciously made us Plat for both legs.

We shall remain mired at mere Gold for the forseeable future

-until we win Lotto big-time

in which case we shall surge forth unto Diamond in the shortest time ever.

It's not the end of the world, even if we don't get that free car perk. ;)

If I " win Lotto big-time" it going to be Celebrity's loyalty plan. If I win Lotto small-time ,it may be Carnival.:D

If cruisers had total of 10 cruises with Carnival, no matter the length, by the end of 2013 they will reach platinum status. Jan 1, 2014 you must cruise 75 days.
Very well explained.:)

wow, I cannot believe how obsessed people are to reach platinum

why do people want to reach this point?

Loyalty Programs are a great head-game invented by Marketing.

It works. It works very well! Folks get caught up in it

and it appeals to those who need to achieve status!

And then along came FTTF -and pixxed a whole lot of folks off! :D

Status achieved for fifty lousy bucks.... dear oh dear!

I made it!! Took cruise 9 in Sept & was lucky enough to manage # 10 on the Legend last week. I'm really happy I made it, and I for one appreciate the little extras. They made me feel special - nothing to do with status for me - I just loved feeling special!!

Good grief. :) It appears people booked extra cruises, just to get platinum? So, hundreds of dollars were paid for free laundry? This is a nice perk, but not expensive to just purchase- especially, if those added cruises were something, that would not have been booked otherwise. :)

I have been on 83 cruises, all were purchased due to the itinerary and wanting to go. What is likely to happen, is all the Platinum cruisers are going to be watered down due to the high numbers. This has already happened with NCL which has 14 cruises needed for their Platinum. I've been platinum with NCL for close to 10 years. I used to be the only one on board, get invited for dinner with the cpt. etc.

All those days are over. :) The only cruise line, I don't have the higher "status" is HAL. NCL, RCI, Princess, Carnival, Celebrity I do. I am not loyal to any of them. As I have already mentioned- it's only about price, and where the ship can take me. Cruising is bargain travel with meals, lodging and transportation all in one. :)

My dh and I are already platinum. Our 2 kids will become platinum on our 1st NYE cruise this year, nothing like waiting till the last moment! We didn't book just so they would become platinum, it just worked out that way. I have always wanted to cruise on NYE!

When the announcement was made, DH and DD had 7 I had 8. We already had our 8,8/9 booked.

Then some friends asked me to arrange a short group cruise (adults only), so by April, I had 10, DH had 9 and DD still was at 8.

DH has a friend who wanted to try a cruise, short and cheap, so he hit his 10

The big argument in our home was to have DD plat as well. DH kept saying, "she needs to be platinum by 18". According to Carnival, she has 41 days. She is 11. We could do one 5 day for the next 7 years, and she would be platinum, (unless the rules change again).

I enjoy the laundry, the FTTF benefit added. but other then that, no biggie. Did not try to get to Plat, just fell that way.

my point exactly...why bother

Good grief. :) It appears people booked extra cruises, just to get platinum? So, hundreds of dollars were paid for free laundry? This is a nice perk, but not expensive to just purchase- especially, if those added cruises were something, that would not have been booked otherwise. :)

I have been on 83 cruises, all were purchased due to the itinerary and wanting to go. What is likely to happen, is all the Platinum cruisers are going to be watered down due to the high numbers. This has already happened with NCL which has 14 cruises needed for their Platinum. I've been platinum with NCL for close to 10 years. I used to be the only one on board, get invited for dinner with the cpt. etc.

All those days are over. :) The only cruise line, I don't have the higher "status" is HAL. NCL, RCI, Princess, Carnival, Celebrity I do. I am not loyal to any of them. As I have already mentioned- it's only about price, and where the ship can take me. Cruising is bargain travel with meals, lodging and transportation all in one. :)

First let me say how jealous I am.:(:) While I strongly agree with your points, very few people get to cruise 83 times (or 43 or 23).

The believe they are acting as intelligent consumers by concentrating their loyalty's so as to get loyalty benefits.

I disagree. My loyalty is to family and my pocketbook. Narrowing your cruise search to certain brands will certainly reduce

your chances of getting a great deal. My two Celebrity cruises were both less expensive then the Carnival alternative at booking.

I like Carnival but prefer Celebrity. Likewise people who exclude Carnival from their cruise searches are also shortchanging themselves.

But to each his own.

Made it!! Just returned from our Platinum cruise. Loved priority boarding, debark and laundry service. Had to send one bag just to check it out. Will really come in handy in April on our longer cruise.

No platinum gift, out of stock, so they will mail. ? what it will be??

Also received a pin with the year on it. That was kind of cool. Now I can start my collection!1

Made it!! Just returned from our Platinum cruise. Loved priority boarding, debark and laundry service. Had to send one bag just to check it out. Will really come in handy in April on our longer cruise.

No platinum gift, out of stock, so they will mail. ? what it will be??

Also received a pin with the year on it. That was kind of cool. Now I can start my collection!1

Right now the gift can be anything from a Tervis cup to a hat. You might want to call or write guest services with your booking number to put in a request and reminder

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

We sail on our platinum cruise on Dec 1st. We are doing a B2B on the Glory. All of our cruises have been 7 days so we made it both the old and the new way! I am a little bummed that my 6 yr old granddaughter didn't make platinum this year. After our B2B she will have 9 cruises. (63 days at sea) She will have to wait for our next B2B next year!

And of course, those Plats that complain the loudest about FTTF are the ones who made Plat on 2 and 3 day cruises! :D

My dh and I are already platinum. Our 2 kids will become platinum on our 1st NYE cruise this year, nothing like waiting till the last moment! We didn't book just so they would become platinum, it just worked out that way. I have always wanted to cruise on NYE!

Just like in the Posieden Adventure! :D

And of course, those Plats that complain the loudest about FTTF are the ones who made Plat on 2 and 3 day cruises! :D

Just for the record do not like fttf and all of our cruises have been 7-8 days.

Reducing the platinum perks while trotting out the selling of perks is not right IMHO.