Platinium Will You Make It

CruiseHealing

We took our Platinum Cruise last week on the Sensation. It was a short cruise booked just for that reason. It just happened to line up with a short vacation slot that I already scheduled. Had a great time and have no regrets doing it. Actually had 5 first timers go with us too. Now we are set for our Liberty cruise in Feb!

I was already Platinum, but DD needed only one cruise, so we booked a quick 3 day cruise on the Sensation in July 2013. We had a great time and she made her status with only 49 nights in 10 separate cruises.

I know!

We booked our cheap cruise in November just to make platinum. I already had the January cruise booked before that.

Does that mean we could have achieved Platinum in January? That is the question.

Doesn't matter too much to me, we enjoyed our November cruise and the price was right.

No. The first day of your cruise has to happen on or before 12/31/13. So if you booked a cruise that departed on 12/31/13 you would make it. If the cruise departed on 1/1/14 you would no make it.

Will get the shiny new color card next cruise in Dec! DW got hers last month.

Have done a lot of cruising the past 2 years, but NOT for reaching the rewards level. DW and I have had some opportunities to cruise and been fortunate enough be able to take advantage of them.

A bad day on a ship is better than a good day at work every time!

Edited by FlaCruiser007

I made platinum last October, but the 7 day cruise on the Glory we just returned from Sunday finally got the wife platinum status. I had one more cruise than she did; way back before we were married I took a cruise on the old Carnival Mardi Gras that put me one up on her.

If for nothing else we like platinum for the priority boarding and tendering; makes booking independent excursions less stressful at tender ports, especially Belize.

John

Good grief, why are you waiting? Will you be richer next week? Either way, the cruise must reach sailed status by the end of December, not just booked.

Do you want to book a cruise to be on Sensation, or are you asking if you can book a cruise while actually on the Sensation? If it's the latter, I doubt if they will have a booking desk.

I am waiting to see if I can book my 10th cruise onboard the sensation to take advantage of the $100 onboard credit for my sunshine cruise which departs on Dec. 29th! The resident rate has not changed in months so I doubt it will if I hold out to thanksgiving to see if I can book one onboard the sensation since no one has given me a definite answer. I'm pretty sure they don't have a booking desk but is there another way to book on ships without booking desk to receive onboard credit?

I am waiting to see if I can book my 10th cruise onboard the sensation to take advantage of the $100 onboard credit for my sunshine cruise which departs on Dec. 29th! The resident rate has not changed in months so I doubt it will if I hold out to thanksgiving to see if I can book one onboard the sensation since no one has given me a definite answer. I'm pretty sure they don't have a booking desk but is there another way to book on ships without booking desk to receive onboard credit?

I don't think they have one either. From what I have read on these forums, if they don't have a future cruise desk you can not get the OBC. Technically you can book it using the ships computer while on board, but it doesn't count.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Just got off a btb on the Sensation in October, definitely is no future cruise desk onboard. Book that cruise now:)