Platinium Will You Make It

CruiseHealing

We are about forty days until 2014. Will you make it to Platinium under the old rules? I can say we did, but we were going to anyway. The only special cruise we did this year was for DD who is in college and busy with pre-med, so with a very tight window she was able to do a 3 day cruise and join the Platinium crowd.

I know a lot of people will start flaming this post because it is not as good as it used to be. That is NOT the question here, so hold your power. I'm just asking will you join us under the old rules?

When the rumors started about the new plan, I did a B2B2B of short cruises. So I got up to Platinum. But it took so long for the definite news and the new rules, that I would have been platinum anyway.

I did have fun on my short cruises.

Cruise is a cruise, always fun! We were not sure if we would make it, but now we will sail our 12th cruise before year end. The current rates are too good to pass up!

We are about forty days until 2014. Will you make it to Platinium under the old rules? I can say we did, but we were going to anyway. The only special cruise we did this year was for DD who is in college and busy with pre-med, so with a very tight window she was able to do a 3 day cruise and join the Platinium crowd.

I know a lot of people will start flaming this post because it is not as good as it used to be. That is NOT the question here, so hold your power. I'm just asking will you join us under the old rules?

I'm working on it....:D

Just came back from my platinum cruise on Sunday, after my b2b in August I wasn't sure that I could squeeze one more in before years end, well thanks to a knee issue where I had to stop working, I was able to get my 10th Carnival cruise in before the end of the year.

At the moment, we have eight Carnival cruises under our belts

but it became clear during mid-year that we were not going to make Platinum by year-end.

It's not a big deal!

We shall remain mired at mere Gold for the forseeable future

-until we win Lotto big-time

in which case we shall surge forth unto Diamond in the shortest time ever.

It's not the end of the world, even if we don't get that free car perk. ;)

Should be but Carnival will not accept my info for older cruises in the 80's????

right now, still hoping.

I've always kept my cruise-cards

and kept meticulous information per cruise

including Booking numbers, Voyage numbers, cabin numbers and dates..

the whole nine yards!

NOTHING beats meticulous documentation!

There are times when it come in reeaall handy! ;)

Just wait till January 2014

- there's gonna be a lot of Angry rants on here, people not knowing the rules have changed..

Guess you're right!

We The Well Informed have known about the changes for over a year now

but there are always those who remain Lost In Space... :)

Won't even come close. We have 43 under our belt with Carnival, five were seven days and one was eight. Had we taken ten three day cruises, we would be there. Does it matter to us? Not at all. We cruise for the experience, not the free-bees that we can buy ourselves if we really want them.

I've always kept my cruise-cards

and kept meticulous information per cruise

including Booking numbers, Voyage numbers, cabin numbers and dates..

the whole nine yards!

NOTHING beats meticulous documentation!

There are times when it come in reeaall handy! ;)

We were crusing before cards, it was cash or credit cards.

Just wait till January 2014 there's gonna be a lot of. Angry rants on here people not knowing the rules have changed..

Guess this remains to be seen but Carnival gave an 18 month or so notice, plenty of time in advance of the change. People will still be able to attain platinum status, just cruise 75 days. I believe that most think this is a good change.

This is my platinum year based on number of cruises, would be platinum based on days next year after April cruise. What I'm wondering is if people are going to slow down with their bookings or increase them now with their new platinum status. Moving to FL is the reason for my increase in cruises, one of the few benefits of moving to these humid flatlands :D