"Special occasions" listed with dining preference?

BJzink

When I look at our reservation page it lists under "Dining Preference", our fixed dining time and also "2 special occasions" after the confirmed dining preference. I have looked all over the website & can't find what this might mean. Does anyone have an idea?

We've always been asked by our TA when we book if we're celebrating a special occasion on board. The crew usually brings a cake to the dinner table on our special night, and perhaps I'll get a rose. If you have not advised either your TA or the cruiseline of any special occasions it might be a mistake in the system.

When I look at our reservation page it lists under "Dining Preference", our fixed dining time and also "2 special occasions" after the confirmed dining preference. I have looked all over the website & can't find what this might mean. Does anyone have an idea?

Usually it means that at the time of booking Celebrity was advised that someone in your party is celebrating a birthday,anniversary, etc. during the cruise. Our anniversary is during our cruise so our TA let Celebrity know when we booked. But the website does not indicate when or what the occasion is. Just another Celebrity website issue to be resolved.

That has shown up on our reservation without our requesting it when one of our birthdays fell on one of the days of the cruise.

Some people like having the wait staff come over and sing Happy Birthday or Happy 'Versery or Happy Whatever to them in the dining room on their "special occasion" while other people hate that kind of attention.

We have been seated with some who admitted that they claimed to be celebrating a special occasion when they really were not, just because they wanted the attention and the cake (as if anyone ever did not get enough cake on a cruise).

If you don't want them to recognize your "special occasion" just ask them to take it off your reservation.

But you are not celebrating a special occasion and are wondering why it shows up on your reservation, it could be interesting to find out the reason when they come over to your table and sing Happy ????? to you that night. :D

It shows up on reservations. Not sure why. I had one reservation last year that listed 4. It was my birthday.....no cake, no anything. This year we booked for our anniversary. Reservation has it. I will be pleasantly amazed if anything happens. If you really want that cake, tell the maitre d onboard.

Note: special occasions noted in your reservation are one of the things that don't always make it on board. If you want something to happen on your special occasion, mention it to someone when you board....don't count on the celebrity computers.

Ironically we have no special occasion to celebrate on our upcoming cruise yet it's listed on our reservation. When my birthday occurred on last year's Silhouette cruise, which was the day we disembarked, I got a note and a Silhouette keychain!

Ironically we have no special occasion to celebrate on our upcoming cruise yet it's listed on our reservation. When my birthday occurred on last year's Silhouette cruise, which was the day we disembarked, I got a note and a Silhouette keychain!

We have had 2 special occasions listed on our last 2 cruises, but no birthday or anniversary was being celebrated.

In fact I didn't hear the waiters sing once on our recent Infinity T.A, which we all commented on was most unusual.

Someone suggested that it was because a Law Suite was on going in U.S.A re Royalties.

I was told by someone at Celebrity that the occasions could also refer to any special requests you might have made regarding seating, number of people at your table, bed configuration, etc! Who knows ?

We don't have any birthdays, no anniversary, nothing that I can think of. We have booked reservations in Murano last month, but that message has been there since months ago. Guess we'll just wait & see if anything happens.

I have food allergies (gluten) and was told that "special occasions" represents my special request!

Ok, so that one of mine, as I request Lactose free food.

As to the other one ----we've never booked the Speciality restaurants etc.

[quote name=upwarduk;40723801

In fact I didn't hear the waiters sing once on our recent Infinity T.A' date=' which we all commented on was most unusual.

Someone suggested that it was because a Law Suite was on going in U.S.A re Royalties.[/quote]

DH had birthday during our cruise last month. Thankfully no singing.:) The staff told us that the singing had been stopped fleet wide on orders from headquarters.

On a recent Summit cruise there were 2153 passengers. At the show for the last night the CD made an announcement about calling out birthdays on his morning show and said hopefully he didn't miss any but it could happen as there were over 475 passengers celebrating a birthday, so happy birthday to those that he missed. Now add to that all of those that there are also celebrating anniversaries, honeymoons, and etc. Almost everyone is celebrating something.

I had a professor that said there is no excuse for missing an exam or turning in an assignment unless it is something really out of the ordinary really special and that includes death, because everyone will die so that is not anything special.

.🎅🎄