Off to a rough start

purpleally

As per our TA we went over to the port after 1230. Sojourn had just docked. They took our luggage and put us in vans to the renaissance hotel.

They directed us to the ballroom for lunch. No champagne unless we want to buy it ourselves.

We were given colored tags for boarding and told it would begin at 5. That is to board to return to the ship. Hopeful that will be moved up since I read on roll call thread someone posted they heard boarding ship would begin at 5.

This is a bummer; last year we were at the collonade drinking copious amounts of champagne by now enjoying the sunshine. This is so not a "Seabourn moment".

As per our TA we went over to the port after 1230. Sojourn had just docked. They took our luggage and put us in vans to the renaissance hotel.

They directed us to the ballroom for lunch. No champagne unless we want to buy it ourselves.

We were given colored tags for boarding and told it would begin at 5. That is to board to return to the ship. Hopeful that will be moved up since I read on roll call thread someone posted they heard boarding ship would begin at 5.

This is a bummer; last year we were at the collonade drinking copious amounts of champagne by now enjoying the sunshine. This is so not a "Seabourn moment".

Stop moaning and get a grip.:rolleyes:

The ship was late in for a very good reason and Seabourn are doing their best to get things back on track so that everyone (and not just you) can have a great vacation.

Just relax and you will be enjoying yourself very soon.

Stop moaning and get a grip.:rolleyes:

The ship was late in for a very good reason and Seabourn are doing their best to get things back on track so that everyone (and not just you) can have a great vacation.

Just relax and you will be enjoying yourself very soon.

+1!!!!

Nancy

PS. Ship happens!!!!!! How wonderful to be boarding the Sojourn!!!

You have to be kidding,how can you be upset with Seabourn,they lost their Captain to illness he was taking off the ship with a medical emergency.Relax dude you will be able to drink all the booze you want a little later than expected.

purpleally and gary705 - I would urge you to ask Dan to take this thread off. By now you are probably having second thoughts about posting it, in view of the reason for the delay. It does make you sound like whingers, even though your disappointment is understandable.

Hope Captain Elliott is doing well, and presumably Seabourn have rustled up a new Captain for you all.

They could have left you sitting and waiting or at your own devices.

They didn't exactly get a huge heads up with regards to putting Plan B in place

With respect to Champagne,,,,, it could well be that Seabourn's "brands" were not available or not available in sufficient quantity to serve the number of guests

Were they charging for all alcohol or just fizzy stuff?

Being a glass half full gal.... they may not have been able to get a replacement captain, the captain may have met with more dire consequences... you are getting on a cruise and I am at home going to work:rolleyes:

you are getting on a cruise and I am at home going to work:rolleyes:

and those of us in northern Europe are at home going to work and it's cold and grey too !

Well said MrL.

I hope that Lincslady is right and you've been able to put things into perspective now, after your disappointment. I saw the post last night and I was so shocked by it that I had to wait until this morning to reply.

This was certainly NOT about the reason for the delay. The problem was not the reason and of course I would expect them to do that for anyone be the captain, crew or guest. I was contrasting how it was last year and Gary and I were making light of the situation with the next group. NOT the medical emergency!!