Is this a new policy?

Kangapong

After ordering liquor from the Bon Voyage store, during checkout, this window popped up:

acohol2.jpg

Last year on two different nights we brought a bottle of already open Champagne (our allowed two carry on bottles) into the MDR and then on into the Punchliner. Nobody blinked an eye.

Are we no longer allowed to do this?

Edited by Kangapong

After ordering liquor from the Bon Voyage store, during checkout, this window popped up:

acohol2.jpg

Last year on two different nights we brought a bottle of already open Champagne (our allowed two carry on bottles) into the MDR and then on into the Punchliner. Nobody blinked an eye.

It specifically states there in your post that it is for use in cabin or in dining. I think that should answer the question.

I think they don't want you taking it out on deck and causing a riot.

It specifically states there in your post that it is for use in cabin or in dining. I think that should answer the question.

I think they don't want you taking it out on deck and causing a riot.

I know what it says. I can read.

Maybe I should be asking if this rule is strictly enforced. I simply would like to bring one of the bottles of Champagne that I brought on board into the comedy club to enjoy during the show.

I'm going to take a guess here (and realize it's just that - - a guess).

Carnival has frequently used the term Alcohol and the term Wine to be separate things.

I've ordered wine through Bon Voyage, and they were glad to deliver it to my cabin, and then have me take it to the dining room.

PERHAPS this is only regarding harder alcohols (such as rum, gin, vodka, etc.). If that is the case, then CCL has for a while stated that those were not for consumption in public areas outside of the cabin.

I never had to click the boxes for my wine orders, but it's been a few years since I've done CCL orders.

Edited by DGP1111

I have a feeling it depends on the ship and the venue whether it is enforced or not. We carried our wine to dinner but always bought a drink at the comedy club. If you are concerned you could always pour into glasses in the room and take them with you to be more under the radar. I am guess they just don't want someone carting around a bottle of Crown all over the ship or something but who knows.

acohol2.jpg

No you are not, but please understand the correct usage of the wine glass, certain shapes are for certain wines/colors. A bit of education goes a long way. Just ask any bartender for two red wine glasses, or what you need..........no problem. If you have the correct wine glass, no one will bat an eye!!!:cool: You may need to ask for the correct glass every day, or return them to your cabin and put inside a cabinet or the room steward will take them. If you are talking about a rum and coke or mixed drink, there are correct glasses for that also. A plastic travel sport mug also will work, but does not look as elegant.

I'm going to take a guess here (and realize it's just that - - a guess).

Carnival has frequently used the term Alcohol and the term Wine to be separate things.

I've ordered wine through Bon Voyage, and they were glad to deliver it to my cabin, and then have me take it to the dining room.

PERHAPS this is only regarding harder alcohols (such as rum, gin, vodka, etc.). If that is the case, then CCL has for a while stated that those were not for consumption in public areas outside of the cabin.

I never had to click the boxes for my wine orders, but it's been a few years since I've done CCL orders.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Thank you.

Guess since you could do it last year and it states you can not this year ... it must be new. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

We have never seen this either. We ordered from BV in the past (liquor) and we usually just use the glasses in the room to make our drinks and bring them out with us. I am sure with champagne or wine it wouldnt really be enforced if you were going to the MDR or something.

Guess since you could do it last year and it states you can not this year ... it must be new. :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

I'm trying to find out if we were in violation of a policy that we had no idea existed last year.

I appreciate your dazzling insight.

Man does this mean I cant make congo lines on the lido while i stand up on a chair and give shots to randoms ? :mad:

Lol!!! I was just thinking this same idea.....:D

I always thought it was understood that I shouldn't be running around on deck with my Bon voyage bottle. We mix our drinks in the room and carry the cup around.

This is what we do, and have done in the past (when this "policy" was never mentioned").

I'm going with they don't want you walking around the ship with your bottle of rum/vodka/whatever you may have. Then again, wine and champagne are alcohol to me so what's the difference? The fact that they are *harder liquors*?

On my last cruise on the triumph on 10/26 one of the bartenders freaked out about us having alcohol from our rooms. My friends and I had put about 2 shots in our Tervis tumblers and had gone to the bar to get a soda (we all had bottomless bubbles) as a mixer. Well the lady insisted on filling our tumblers instead of giving us a glass... She started to dump out my rum but I stopped her and that's when she got all angry with us... Telling us that was against the rules blah blah blah. Luckily the bartender who we had gone to a time or to before was around and told her to just do it for us

I always get a wine glass from a bar and pour my wine in the glass before dinner. There's no way for Carnival to know if I poured that in my cabin or bought it at a bar. Same with liquor. If I bring a glass with a lid (like I do anyway to minimize trips for iced tea) and pour liquor in there, there's no way for Carnival to know. I'm guessing that unless you're walking around drinking from the bottle, no one will give a second look.

Our last cruise I noticed this when I ordered Rum for DH. We brought our own sodas and he mixed his drinks in his cup and went wherever he wanted. Unless they have 'drink police' hanging around outside your cabin door, how are they going to know where you got it from or what it is? ;)

On my last cruise on the triumph on 10/26 one of the bartenders freaked out about us having alcohol from our rooms. My friends and I had put about 2 shots in our Tervis tumblers and had gone to the bar to get a soda (we all had bottomless bubbles) as a mixer. Well the lady insisted on filling our tumblers instead of giving us a glass... She started to dump out my rum but I stopped her and that's when she got all angry with us... Telling us that was against the rules blah blah blah. Luckily the bartender who we had gone to a time or to before was around and told her to just do it for us

The bartender was assuming that the alcohol was smuggled and not purchased from BV.:confused:

The bartender was assuming that the alcohol was smuggled and not purchased from BV.:confused:

I told her it was from Bon voyage, she said you are supposed to drink it in your cabin... Is Said really who has time on a cruise to sit in your cabin and get drunk?? Lol

Goodbye BV department. I'll no longer be ordering from you...back to smuggling I suppose. If I cannot enjoy my beverages I buy from you....and walking around with it/them is breaking the rules, than I might as well break the rules and save a few bucks and smuggle.

BAD MOVE!

Now, I wonder what that pop up cooler is for when I ordered beer? One would have thought it was to carry around your cold beverages in ice to consume but I guess it's to just sit pretty in your cabin.

Goodby BV department. I liked smuggling better anyways...:cool:

Edited by Almost Packed

We bought wine via BV on our cruise 2 weeks ago. On 2 or 3 nights, we took a bottle to the MDR with no problem. Wait team brought a 'chiller' for our white wine.

There is another new twist on BV orders limiting your 'alcohol' purchases to 2 per cabin. This does not include wine, but a bottle of booze and a beer order (4 pack) count as two.