The Royal Princess. A great ship

carib

Dave, thank you so much for posting this. What great memories. I even spotted myself in the Princess Choir rehearsals. I am going to save this as it's a real keeper. What a wonderful time we had! :p

I wonder if you can give me additional information about the Pop choir. I noticed the rehearsal times in the Patter that someone posted a few days ago. What kind of music did you rehearse? When and where is the final performance?

I think what's happened is that there are more people sailing on the Royal and doing "Live From" threads as they sail rather than a review at the end pointing out all the flaws. As more people sail on her, the more you have chiming in on what they like about her. There's a lot to like and I know I'm going to miss some of those features on my next cruise.

Loved, loved this video!! someday I am going to learn how to put things together like this!! We are into photography and have a ton of pictures of every ship we go on, so I am sure we could do this!! May I ask what program you use?

I agree Pam! I would go back on Royal anytime, over any other ship!! We loved the wonderful additions and the great food we had! I wish we would have booked a B2B so we could have experienced more--we felt we did not have enough time to do everything we wanted to. Just another reason to book another cruise on Royal or Regal!

I wonder if you can give me additional information about the Pop choir. I noticed the rehearsal times in the Patter that someone posted a few days ago. What kind of music did you rehearse? When and where is the final performance?

Eileen or Lynda can supply more information on this since they were involved and wrote one of the songs called Rockin' Royals sung to the tune of Rockin' Robin. Rockin' Royals was the name of our Cruise Critic group.

I know they practiced sometimes in the Piazza and thats where they had final performance.

Some of the songs were Rockin' Royals, Under the boardwalk, You are just too good to be true, I'd like to teach the world to sing and O what a night.

Loved, loved this video!! someday I am going to learn how to put things together like this!! We are into photography and have a ton of pictures of every ship we go on, so I am sure we could do this!! May I ask what program you use?

Don't keep putting it off, you will have too many pictures to work on. I use a program called Proshow gold by Photodex corporation. It's quite intuitive and fun to use.

Wonderful video, Dave, and it brought back some wonderful memories of our TA on this beautiful ship. As you said, there is a lot to like and we enjoyed every minute. Enjoyed meeting you and your wife one day in the Library and hope our paths will cross again in the future. I would sail on her again in a minute. We did have spectacular sunrises and sunsets on the crossing--thanks for sharing!

I sang in the Pop Choir for the first time on the Royal TA. We practiced in Club 6 usually on sea day afternoons, and our performance was in the Piazza on the next to the last sea day (I think) to a packed house. We sang a variety of music including the famous Rockin Royals song written just for this cruise. It was so much fun, and Stephanie, our choir director, was great. Most of the songs were already mentioned but a few others were Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles, and We are the Champions. Sweet Caroline was our encore. We had a big group of choir members, many of whom were on the CC roll call. Give it a try if you like to sing.

Wonderful video, Dave, and it brought back some wonderful memories of our TA on this beautiful ship. As you said, there is a lot to like and we enjoyed every minute. Enjoyed meeting you and your wife one day in the Library and hope our paths will cross again in the future. I would sail on her again in a minute. We did have spectacular sunrises and sunsets on the crossing--thanks for sharing!

I remember having a nice chat with you Professor. Hope to meet you and your lovely wife again on another cruise.

I sang in the Pop Choir for the first time on the Royal TA. We practiced in Club 6 usually on sea day afternoons, and our performance was in the Piazza on the next to the last sea day (I think) to a packed house. We sang a variety of music including the famous Rockin Royals song written just for this cruise. It was so much fun, and Stephanie, our choir director, was great. Most of the songs were already mentioned but a few others were Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles, and We are the Champions. Sweet Caroline was our encore. We had a big group of choir members, many of whom were on the CC roll call. Give it a try if you like to sing.

And wasn't it fun! I probably would never had volunteered to be in the choir if it wasn't for the Rockin' Royals song. So glad I did! Our group was great and so was our audience! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again! :p

And wasn't it fun! I probably would never had volunteered to be in the choir if it wasn't for the Rockin' Royals song. So glad I did! Our group was great and so was our audience! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again! BTW, one other song we sang was Hit the Road Jack. :p

This is not a review but in a way it is. It show cases the Royal Princess and it's many great features during the maiden transatlantic crossing. Hope you enjoy it. It's a little long so be patient with it. :)

Hi Dave:), your photo review is rather interesting and well done, what I like about it is that you have included VIDEOS with your presentation and they play without us having to switch to another viewing format, rather neat.;)

I read that you used "Photodex" , I searched for it and it seems to be part of "FLICKR" RIGHT?:confused:

Is it a free download?:confused:

Mike:)

To add to the other comments about the Choir, there is a Pop Choir on every Princess ship. Just keep an eye out for it in the Patter. I always do it, great fun, and the best part is you don't have to worry about learning the words, you have them printed out and you can just read them as seen in the video. They often sing the same songs, but this time they added some new ones, which those of us who do this every time we cruise, were happy to see.

Thanks for posting the link to our song, Dave. I do want to mention that there were more of us that contributed to the writing than just Lynda and I, namely, Franky, Judy and Marcia.

Eileen

I'm sorry I missed it. I kept looking in the Patter for the performance day and must have looked right over it. I was on the week of Nov. 17-24. I enjoyed listening during our last cruise. One year, I might just get energetic enough to join it, as I've been a singer for many years.

The group always does a wonderful job and looks like it is having fun.

Lynne

This is not a review but in a way it is. It show cases the Royal Princess and it's many great features during the maiden transatlantic crossing. Hope you enjoy it. It's a little long so be patient with it. :)

Wow! Fantastic video! It makes me even more excited for my honeymoon cruise on the Royal, February 9th! :D

Dave...we enjoyed meeting you onboard & your wonderful presentation of our 18 day cruise! :D

We rarely purchase the Reflections videos because we prefer to have something like you produced. It's too bad that Princess' Reflections is only of a few passenger events which are mostly dancing passengers. :rolleyes:

That isn't what I remember from my cruises but this amazing presentation is one we'll always remember. :)

Dave...we enjoyed meeting you onboard & your wonderful presentation of our 18 day cruise! :D

We rarely purchase the Reflections videos because we prefer to have something like you produced. It's too bad that Princess' Reflections is only of a few passenger events which are mostly dancing passengers. :rolleyes:

That isn't what I remember from my cruises but this amazing presentation is one we'll always remember. :)

Hi Frank,

It was meeting you too. Judy talks highly of you and wanted me to meet you, so I am glad I had the opportunity.

Cruising brings you in contact with some of the nicest people, and that part of cruising I value highly.

Hi Dave:), your photo review is rather interesting and well done, what I like about it is that you have included VIDEOS with your presentation and they play without us having to switch to another viewing format, rather neat.;)

I read that you used "Photodex" , I searched for it and it seems to be part of "FLICKR" RIGHT?:confused:

Is it a free download?:confused:

Mike:)

Hi Mike,

I don't think Photodex is associated with Flickr unless a merger took place recently I don't know about.

You can download it and try if for free but in the end you have to purchase it.

Terrific video, Dave....great music, too...I wish you would've recorded your cabin, unless it was inside or just a window...there has been alot of complaints about the smaller balconies on this ship, along with the much smaller balconies on the new NCL Breakaway...my friend was on the Breakaway with his wife in June, and although he loved the cruise, he DID say breakfast on the balcony for 2 was next to impossible...this is something my wife & I love to do....BTW, did you notice what kind of draft beer there was on board? DRAFT, not bottled...it's nice to hear that Princess has listened to their passengers & will add the aft adult pool to the Regal next year, along with a walking promenade ( I love walking around a ship after dinner or anytime, really, so that's a pet peeve for me..)...the lack of a mid-ship staircase is really dumb..sometimes I wonder who thinks of such stupid omissions...RCI Oasis & Allure, both whom I've cruised & loved, also has the lack of a walking promenade....just got off the Disney Dream a month ago...walking promenade on deck 4 was probably the best I've ever seen out of 29 cruises and over 50 ships visited....elevators & stairs everywhere....be interesting to see how the Regal turns out after the changes...

Big Al