Negative things to

bIGBUCK69

Just want to say we are going on our very first cruise in Jan on Azura.Joined this site for some info and some advice,can't believe how many negative comments are posted on here about P&o.so have decided to stop reading as its starting to annoy. If you an afford a Caribean cruise then in my opinion you've got nothing to moan about .Be grateful for what you've got lots of people would give anything for these kind of holidays,you moaners should be ashamed of yourselves. Merry Christmas

bIGBUCK69

I`m going to go against the grain and say - Have a WONDERFUL holiday on Azura - Its my personal favourite ship having sailed onboard 3x to 6 countries on 3 cruises

Have a drink for me in The Planet Bar (Deck 18)

Enjoy

My only negative comment is that I wish I could come with you !!

Just want to say we are going on our very first cruise in Jan on Azura.Joined this site for some info and some advice,can't believe how many negative comments are posted on here about P&o.so have decided to stop reading as its starting to annoy. If you an afford a Caribean cruise then in my opinion you've got nothing to moan about .Be grateful for what you've got lots of people would give anything for these kind of holidays,you moaners should be ashamed of yourselves. Merry Christmas

Well said. However the moaners on this site represent less than 1% of P&O cruisers and the vast majority of people you meet on the Azura will be thoroughly enjoying themselves. Have a great cruise and ignore the negative comments and make your on mind up!

Hear, hear to that! We've sailed numerous times with P&O as well as other lines and we've loved every cruise. Anybody can nit-pick and that's usually all they're doing. Why people make a hobby of complaining and they've got a problem, not you. Like you, we think we're very very lucky to be visiting these amazing places and be looked after in the way we are on a cruise. If you'd read my recent review about my cruise on Azura in September (sorry, not on this website) you would have been reassured. Enjoy yourself and ignore the moaning minnies!

I see this forum polarising into alleged 'moaners' and those for whom P&O can do no wrong. This is bad for the forums future as other forums have become essentially useless as people dig in over their positions and start throwing insults, both real and subtly implied.

I suppose it is too much to ask for this to stop.

Perhaps the moderators can take the appropriate action against those who insult others.

I see this forum polarising into alleged 'moaners' and those for whom P&O can do no wrong. This is bad for the forums future as other forums have become essentially useless as people dig in over their positions and start throwing insults, both real and subtly implied.

Perhaps the moderators can take the appropriate action against those who insult others.

So does that mean I cannot insult you. :) :) that does not seem fair.

As far as I can see there have been no insults traded. I posted earlier and I can assure you I'm in neither camp, and if you'd read my comment you would have seen that I said I'd cruised on other lines. I am not blinkered about P&O and yes I may have niggles just as I do on other lines or in hotels but when I go on holiday I expect to enjoy myself and count my lucky starts that I'm in a position to be able to afford to do it.

What annoys me is not the people who air genuine problems or grievances but those who look for things to moan about and like nothing better than telling you they hate how big Azura is etc. Why did they book the cruise then?

As a first-time cruiser I think bigBUCK made a good point and perhaps there should be a thread for every cruise line where those of us who have a good time on holiday can say positive things. :)

Edited by tartanexile81

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, the idea that being able to afford a Holiday should mean not complaining about things is a bit silly. We may well be able to afford our cruise in the Carribian but only because we work very bloody hard and save.

Edited by Spikey M

Have been on Azura twice now and there is a lot to like. I just prefer the mid sized ships. Really it is a matter of personal preference. If Azura was doing an itinerary I really fancied I would probably sail on her again, but I would rather do the same cruise on Oriana or Aurora if I could.

Criticisms of aspects of P and O operations are not just moaning. If we hated it that much we wouldn't spend our money with them!

Edited by Clodia

Like you, we are going on our first P&O cruise in January ( on the Ventura ). I have stopped looking at some posts, as it just raises pre conceived concerns.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that is all it is their opinion, we will form our own and I am sure we are going to have a great time.

All the best

Mike

We are going on Azura for third time in January and can't wait! You will have a lovely time - we like the Blue Bar for drinks before evening meal but must try Planet Bar. Can't think of anything to complain about and you will find most people on Azura will feel the same. Always get odd moaner but that applies to all walks of life - just ignore them.:)

Thanks for all your input everyone,I'm really looking forward to our cruise and don't think a few old moaners will spoil my excitement now. Am so glad I had my little moan as realise most people are like us and want to have a good time ,not spend all of there hols picking on every little thing. Roll on 24 Jan .Happy Holidays everyone.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, the idea that being able to afford a Holiday should mean not complaining about things is a bit silly. We may well be able to afford our cruise in the Carribian but only because we work very bloody hard and save.

Comment of the day!

Thanks for all your input everyone,I'm really looking forward to our cruise and don't think a few old moaners will spoil my excitement now. Am so glad I had my little moan as realise most people are like us and want to have a good time ,not spend all of there hols picking on every little thing. Roll on 24 Jan .Happy Holidays everyone.

You posted twice so there are comments on your other thread as well.

Hi bigbuck69

Have a great cruise. Azura is my favourite ship. I enjoy the bars and the many lovely dining options on board. I am sometimes surprised at the things people moan about. DH and I tend not sweat the small stuff. We are both easy going, or easy pleased, not sure which. Luckily, we've never had to cope with anything major.:)

We took our first cruise with P&O in 2005 and have our 13th coming up on Azura next year. This will be our third cruise on Azura, principally because she is in the Caribbean and that's where we want to be. Is she our favourite P&O ship - no - but will be have a fantastic time on her - yes! We have had wonderful cruises on all the P&O ships we have sailed on. Have we had the occasional niggle - yes but rarely and when there was one thing that occurred that shouldn't have it was put right instantly. We have met some lovely people on our cruises - we are still in touch with several of them.

Do some people like moaning for the sake of it? Yes they do, but rarely have I met any on board, only the odd one or two.

Will you have a wonderful time? Yes, I'm sure you will and you'd better start saving for the next time - it really is addictive. :)

"Familiarity breeds contempt" applies to a number of people who moan. You can never have your first cruise twice, so after the first comparisons start to be made.

My parents go to the same place almost every year, they always come back saying they enjoyed it, bit its not as good as it used to be, but they keep going!

If you get to the point of not enjoying something give it a break and do something else, then go back with fresh eyes. We went on Ventura two years running, second year wasn't as good as things changed. We then went on Princess, same type of ship, different again, this year we were on Celebrity, preferred the experience over P & O and Princess, but if a cruise comes along we fancy and it is with P&O we will have no problem going with them again.

My advice is to go and enjoy the well earned break.

I'm afraid if you don't want to read about people's concerns, then don't read messageboards. There are two extremes here. There are people who never post anything positive - and there are people who call anyone posting criticism "moaners". My advice would be to take the extreme posts with a pinch of salt.

As for cruising, well yes we work hard for it, but we are also extremely fortunate. When I was growing up, a Caribbean cruise was for millionairres. Eight of us are about to go on our second such cruise - we've done others - and we are very excited about it. There are arguments about the different cruise lines, but if you can't enjoy a Caribbean cruise, then there's something wrong with you. P&O aren't the best cruise line as far as luxury is concerned, but they're still very, very good. Excellent Fleet, excellent itineries and excellent service.

I have to disagree with you. But this is Cruise Critic and with FREE speech still in America we should all be able to voice our opinions. Actually I see much more Positive statements than negative on this site. With the negative you may learn something that could possibly help you. also if people worked their whole lives and saved up money to travel and have come to expect good services for their hard earned money spent I think they have a right to complain. The older you get the wiser you become (supposedly) which is a Good thing!!

You're right Hula hips that's exactly what I am doing voicing my opinion as we also have freedom of speech in U K,and in my humble opinion I think there are too many negative things bandied about on this site IKnow I don't have to read it but to.be honest it makes me smile. To be honest some people in this world love to moan about anything and everything ,personally I just go away to chill out and have fun and I hope to continue to do that even when I get old

So the OP is moaning about the moaners.....:-)

We are on the Azura in January and looking forward to it as we do all our cruises.

I usually comment on here about anything exceptional on our cruises both good and bad.

A point I would make though is that having read posters reviews of say their cabin which was maybe noisy, is this moaning, I have stayed away from that cabin when I have booked a cruise on that ship.

One persons comment can be perceived by someone else as moaning.

Happy cruising.