Today is The day! Carnival Announcement!

CarnivalBreeze319

Don't get me wrong but,

why does CCL want more children on the ship?

Children bring in no extra money, drinking, gambling, spa purchases,

shopping on board.

Make it less child friendly.

When I cruised with my children, 6-18 y/o.

There was no drinking, gambling for mom and dad.:p

Au contraire! Children get more than 2 people into a room for hundreds in extra revenue. They get the parents to spend more on excursions. They get their parents to cruise in the first place - a cruise is very easy vacation to plan.

Not exactly earth shattering news but that said, if they pull it off like Royal does with Dream Works, you'll hardly know they're there unless you're looking for them. I've never sailed Disney so I have no experience with the mouse.

Maybe it will allow the adults to actually sit in a hot tub. Unlike the kid soup we experienced last week. My photo isn't even the worst of it. They crammed another 10 or more in there a little later!!!

I don't care about Seuss, we prefer less kids. I CAN NOT believe all the kids in that hot tub pic you posted. Where are all the parents?????

Not exactly earth shattering news but that said, if they pull it off like Royal does with Dream Works, you'll hardly know they're there unless you're looking for them. I've never sailed Disney so I have no experience with the mouse.

You pretty much have to look for them on Disney, too. They have scheduled times to come out for photos. I have heard you see them everywhere, but walking to and from photo spots (with their body guards lol) were the only times I saw them "around." That and during performances.

You pretty much have to look for them on Disney, too. They have scheduled times to come out for photos. I have heard you see them everywhere, but walking to and from photo spots (with their body guards lol) were the only times I saw them "around." That and during performances.

That was our experience as well

Don't get me wrong but,

why does CCL want more children on the ship?

Children bring in no extra money, drinking, gambling, spa purchases,

shopping on board.

Make it less child friendly.

When I cruised with my children, when they were 6-18 y/o.

There was no drinking, gambling for mom and dad.:p

Carnival wants to attract the family that otherwise would've chosen to take a land vacation.

This program is an incentive to tip the scale in favor of taking a Carnival cruise and fill up berths that otherwise would've sailed empty.

Why not add real live music entertainment? There is already a kids cruise line ... Disney! This makes no sense to me adding Dr Seuss to Carnival :rolleyes:

It makes a lot of sense as CCL is way behind the times.

Yes, Disney has its charactors. However, RCL has Dreamworks characters and NCL has Nickelodean.

On our last RCL cruise, we like the Dreamworks characters, even got a pic with Shrek!

If you don't like Cat in the Hat walking around, well, would you rather see Fun Ship Freddy instead?

Why not add real live music entertainment? There is already a kids cruise line ... Disney! This makes no sense to me adding Dr Seuss to Carnival :rolleyes:

According to John Heald there will be an announcement about entertainment too. Not sure when and don't know what it will be.

People on the NCL boards were up in arms when it was announced that NCL was teaming up with Nickleodeon featuring Spongebob, Dora the Explorer etc. I can tell you from my cruises on the Gem abd Breakaway, you really had to seek out the Charactors, shows, and events. It is not in your face like people may think.

My kids are 13 and 9 and out of the Dr. Seuss stage but I think its a great idea. Just because this announcement doesnt pertain to my family or have an impact on my cruise, I'm not going to have negative thoughts about it. Why are people without kids complaining about this family announcement that doesnt matter to them anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

People on the NCL boards were up in arms when it was announced that NCL was teaming up with Nickleodeon featuring Spongebob, Dora the Explorer etc. I can tell you from my cruises on the Gem abd Breakaway, you really had to seek out the Charactors, shows, and events. It is not in your face like people may think.

This was our experience on the Epic as well.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

Actually it does. Carnival is and has been going in the same direction as their competition of Disney, NCL and RCI. All of those cruise lines plus Carnival have one major thing in common. Families are their target demographic. Look at the new ships and the additions to the refurbished ships. They are all trying to attract families who may not be looking for a cruise vacation but rather a land vacation. They are trying to bring much of what a family can get at a land resort to sea. Now we have all four family cruise lines with their own cartoon/animated program. Look at their new dining program that was recently announced.

Both Carnival Corp. and RCCL are hoping that those who want a more adult atmosphere will look to lines like Princess, HAL and Celebrity. I love RCI but I'm not crazy about cruising with a lot of kids. That is why we moved over to Celebrity. Now we have two great choices to choose from depending on what we want to do on a cruise.

I do think Carnival should look at opening up past guest benefits among their cruise lines like RCCL does. I think more would be inclined to try the other lines. It made our choice easy.

When I was raising my kids, we made sure to skip all things Suess. Nothing like tapping into something from the wayback machine. Next will be Felix the Cat, and Squirrel and Moose.

what is wrong with Moose & squirrel

My child at age 3 is too young to enjoy this, and other people are saying their children at age 8 are too old. So this big announcement is aimed at the 4-7 year old crowd? :confused:

There is no way in heck I'm paying $5 to eat green eggs, I wouldn't do that for free either. Dr. Seuss food...gross.

This seems like something with very limited appeal. :roll eyes:

I was hoping the announcement was expanding Camp Carnival hours. Or having an automated sign in system.

Edit because I just read the announcement on the carnival site.

Bright colors and patterns decorate your table, which features fun and unique menus. Eat from wacky plates and bowls and drink from long curly straws. gravity-defying pancake stacks

OK, that actually sounds pretty cool. As does the parade.

Edited by Lerin

Why wouldn't a 3 yr old enjoy it? My kids liked the books at that age and knew the characters. I also taught daycare and 2 yr olds knew them.

Just the colors and vividness alone is great from little ones.

Also my 10 yr old who will be 11 when we sail is very excited about it. So you can't speculate what age it's for. It's timeless and for all ages.

Edited by MichelleChell

My 11 year old was Cat in the Hat for Halloween, I teach preschool and 3-5 year olds all love Cat in the Hat, at least it has an educational based theme and not obnoxious cartoons from t.v. Harmless fun.

Green eggs and ham is an annual breakfast event at my kids' elementary school during Dr. Seuss birthday and a lot of families enjoy this activity. It isn't gross - just food coloring in the scrambled eggs. I would rather see Cat and the Hat than Sponge Bob.

Edited by dolphinwyo

My kids are 13 and 9 and out of the Dr. Seuss stage but I think its a great idea. Just because this announcement doesnt pertain to my family or have an impact on my cruise, I'm not going to have negative thoughts about it. Why are people without kids complaining about this family announcement that doesnt matter to them anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

That, except my kids are 13, 11, & 10.

Why wouldn't a 3 yr old enjoy it? My kids liked the books at that age and knew the characters. .

That

Suess Landing at Islands of Adventure is very popular...so I think this will appeal to more than just children:)

And That