Come Cruise with Me-Oasis Review-11/2/13-Tons of Pics-Family Cruise #3 (Long)

I always love your reviews. Looking forward to reading all about it.

I actually took advice from you on your Jewel cruise and bought the same stroller that you recommended because we just cruised with a 9 month old.

I am mentioning you and your recommendations in the review I am currently doing about our experience on a different line, Carnival Glory!

Wonderful pictures.Beautiful family.

So looking forward to your updates

If possible can you let us know if Giovanni's is open for lunch on embarkation day.

Thanks so much

Yes, open for lunch. A nice, uncrowded place to start the cruise.

Thanks for answering. I didn't know ;)

A very nice start to your review. Keith is such a handsome little man.

My hubby and I sailed on Oasis the week after you all did (11/9-11/16). We had such an amazing time. The ship is so big that we did not get to see everything. Seven days is just not long enough on such a grand ship like this one. We decided to sail her again next November, this time we'll be doing the eastern itinerary.

I look forward to following the rest of your review.

I hope with left it in good shape for you!

I always love your reviews. Looking forward to reading all about it.

I actually took advice from you on your Jewel cruise and bought the same stroller that you recommended because we just cruised with a 9 month old.

I am mentioning you and your recommendations in the review I am currently doing about our experience on a different line, Carnival Glory!

Glad the stroller worked out for you. We still use it as our primary stroller since it is so easy to fold and carry ;)

Thanks for the mention :D

So at 11:45am, we set foot on the ship, going right into the promenade. You can tell right away that it is significantly larger then the promenade on the Freedom.

10856473265_753d5d328a_c.jpg

Keith didn't know what to think!

10856699774_d1de451002_c.jpg

10856559796_fa0397788f_c.jpg

10856682124_61237db3d5_c.jpg

Up next - lunch in the Windjammer...

We made our way up to the windjammer shortly after getting on the ship. Keith wasn't sure which side of the windjammer he wanted to go.

10856663045_872083f87a_c.jpg

It didn't take us long to find a table for 8. For lunch, I had the honey strung chicken, some steak fries, regular french fries, a little pasta and a piece of fish. Everything was nice and warm and tasted good.

10856631596_97ff95c11c_c.jpg

Keith had a hotdog, some cheese, pickles and french fries. He seemed to like them

10856677026_0f2b447d6f_c.jpg

For dessert, I had that apple thing, a roulade and a cookie. The apple thing was a little disappointing, not horrible, but let's just say any frozen apple pie would have been better. Cookie was good

10856797634_3d9363e7b4_c.jpg

Coming up later - a little walk around the ship...

Wonderful pictures.Beautiful family.

So looking forward to your updates

If possible can you let us know if Giovanni's is open for lunch on embarkation day.

Thanks so much

It IS, and as Bob said it's very quiet and a great place to spend your $$, because you avoid the only time these ships are crowded (embarkation lunch), after everyone goes to their cabins at 1- you will wonder where they all went (till muster drill;)) If you are interested, I have a review with pics of food and lunch menu from embarkation day in my Allure review (linked in my sig)

Great review! As always! :)LOVE all the pre-cruise details!

It IS, and as Bob said it's very quiet and a great place to spend your $$, because you avoid the only time these ships are crowded (embarkation lunch), after everyone goes to their cabins at 1- you will wonder where they all went (till muster drill;)) If you are interested, I have a review with pics of food and lunch menu from embarkation day in my Allure review (linked in my sig)

Great tip! :)

First off, I'd like to thank everyone that has followed this review.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take just a couple days off. Our dog, Dory, unexpectantly became sick overnight between Monday to Tuesday. Where she seemed perfectly fine Monday morning, on Tuesday morning she could not walk.

We took her to the vet and discovered that she had developed several major problems that had developed with her pancreas, kidneys, in less than two months since she had had her last physical and blood work. At the stage she was at, treatments really weren't an option, so we had to let her leave this world.

Dory (along with Nemo), traveled with us everywhere we went other then on a cruise. She came to work with us everyday too. We'll miss her a bunch and it's going to take a couple days to get over the shock.

Here are a few pictures of her through the years

4103711851_289c309ee9_z.jpg

4103788675_e43a6f27fe_z.jpg

4103793135_115e69ce18_z.jpg

5006063686_033ac0f527_z.jpg

4531908305_f25989571b_z.jpg

4111252810_835e29d1bb_z.jpg

Curtis,

I know I commented on your FB post about this last night. I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet girl Dory. I know personally how hard it is to lose a fur baby who is such a huge part of your family. I know that it will take some time, so no worries about getting right back to the review. I'm sure we will all be waiting here for the rest when you are able to return.

I do hope that you and your family are able to enjoy your Christmas without her. I know it will be hard, so my family will be thinking of yours during this time.

Curtis, I am so sorry to hear about Dory's passing. She was a real cutie. We lost our 13 year old Shepherd, Sally, in June. It's really hard to say goodbye..

I am enjoying your review and, as always, your great sense of humor. I love all the pictures of your family. Heather is as beautiful as ever and Keith is adorable. The catch-up pictures of him are great :)

Edited by Fishfish

Cannot express how sorry I am at the loss of your beloved Dory. Our fur-babies are far more than just pets. I have lost a few over the years and it just never gets any easier.

Take care and when ever you feel up to finishing your review we will be here.