HELP!!! Which CD to choose?? Butch, Jamie or Matt?

blueyez4evr

[quote name='blueyez4evr']I am about to book a cruise on either the Sunshine, Breeze, or Glory (All three ships have been highly recommended by people we know and I've seen great reviews on here as well) I have also heard that a cruise director can make or break your cruise! Please help in my decision! Which one do you like or have you experienced with?:)[/quote]

Can't say I've ever booked a cruise based on a Cruise Director.

[quote name='beachbum53']When we book a cruise, our choice is based on itinerary, the ship and its' on board amenities, how old the ship is, and maybe just a little bit on customer reviews. Unless the entire crew is a bunch of blood-thirsty pirates (like in "Treasure Island":rolleyes:), [COLOR="Red"]I've never been terribly concerned about who the CD is, or the Maitre'D is, or the captain or anyone [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]else[/COLOR]. As long as we have an enjoyable cruise, and get to and from each port safely, then I'm happy. Of the three CD's mentioned, I'm only familiar with Jaimee. She's very high energy and fun to be around. We've been on the Destiny (now the Sunshine), and are planning to sail on the Breeze next. I'm sure that at some point in the future, we'll book a cruise on the Glory. If at any time during a cruise we should happen to have bad weather and have to remain on the ship, my DW and I are quite capable of entertaining ourselves, without relying on the CD.;)[/QUOTE]

But these people obviously are important to some. Just look at the RCCI, Celebrity and NCL boards. Plenty of threads about who is the Captain, CD, Maitre D', Concierge, etc.:rolleyes:

While I agree that a CD does not make or break a cruise, a good one will make the cruise a bit more fun and enjoyable. You especially notice the difference after you have had Butch ( our favorite ). He is the best! Jaime is great also. Can't comment on Matt as we have never had him as a CD or ACD.

All things considered, with ship, itinerary and CD, I would choose the Breeze.:D

[quote name='Webb of Joy']Try cruising with John Heald or Richard Spacey on RCI then you will know why they are the best and why so many pax book to cruise with them[/quote]

Not even in the same league. Richard Spacey and Dave Chapman are masters at their craft.

John Heald is doing the same crap he did the 90's, today. All staged.

[quote name='MRVEGAS711']Butch is the Best!!![/QUOTE]

OK so what does he do besides make announcements and host shows, which I may or may not be interested in? Not trying to be a smart azz. I really am curious. I know they walk around and interact with the passengers I guess if you happen to be in the same area. Just interested in what makes him such an asset to your cruise if you luck out and get him. I don't care if the CD knows my name. I've seen that mentioned. I thought the CD was there to make sure things run smoothly and on time. And to host shows and talks. I've heard alot about Butch. What is it that sets him apart?

Cruise Director matters much to me! Just be aware that though you may book for a certain CD, maitre d, piano player, these can ALL change quicker than you can stand up. That being said, Butch is really good but no matter who is the CD, Breeze is a fantastic ship. The BEST in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='golfadj']The longer we cruise the less we have to do with any CD. The asst who run trivia and other games have more interaction with us.[/quote]
I would "sort of" agree with you on this. The only difference from our perspective is when we have a [B]really good[/B] CD it does make a difference. Not so much on the not so good ones.

[quote name='jimbo5544']I would "sort of" agree with you on this. The only difference from our perspective is when we have a [B]really good[/B] CD it does make a difference. Not so much on the not so good ones.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time we hear them they are babbling about the amazing sales.

Just one the Dream and the best of the social hosts was comedy club manager. At the moment dont even remember who the CD was other than he was an English fellow.

[quote name='golfadj']Most of the time we hear them they are babbling about the amazing sales.

Just one the Dream and the best of the social hosts was comedy club manager. At the moment dont even remember who the CD was other than he was an English fellow.[/quote]

AND........His announcements were spoken too fast and lasted too long, so it was nothing more than a stream of drivel for us.

We usually do not even notice the CD unless he/she does something either spectacular or annoying..........

[quote name='cruisetobeaches']AND........His announcements were spoken too fast and lasted too long, so it was nothing more than a stream of drivel for us.

We usually do not even notice the CD unless he/she does something either spectacular or annoying..........[/QUOTE]

Dont even listen to announcement on the amazing sales so faster would be better just to make it go away.

We did have a nice conversation with the CD at the capt's (sort of) party for a few minutes. Still cant rememeber his name though.

[quote name='golfadj']Dont even listen to announcement on the amazing sales so faster would be better just to make it go away.

We did have a nice conversation with the CD at the capt's (sort of) party for a few minutes. Still cant rememeber his name though.[/QUOTE]

I did get his business card and his name is Jamie Charlton. No problem with him but really didnt have much to do with him.

We personally choose a cruise based on itinerary. But we sailed with Matt on the Glory out of NYC in September and he was awesome and definitely a cutie! I would book another one with him just too stare into those dreamy eyes again! :p;)

[quote name='rubygigi']We personally choose a cruise based on itinerary. But we sailed with Matt on the Glory out of NYC in September and he was awesome and definitely a cutie! I would book another one with him just too stare into those dreamy eyes again! :p;)[/QUOTE]

Oh well, them dreamy eyes wouldnt do anything for me.