RCCL won't honor price reductions!!!

Why shouldn't customers complain if they feel they've been treated unfairly?:confused:

If you only cruise once or twice year, you might be unaware that there was a rule change. It wasn't very long ago that RCCL honored price reductions (in the form of on board credit) right up to day of embarkation. So I can understand the passengers being unaware & upset about it.

Yes, the customers of airlines & cruises have seen a lot of amenities, etc. decline and the airline & cruise companies have found that people are willing to accept it so they continue to cut where they can to increase profits (that's what they are in business for, after all). When RCCL changed their Diamond/Diamond+ benefits, the onslaught of complaints caused them to give some consideration. So if you don't complain, in mass numbers, then keep expecting less & less.

Just sayin'

Why shouldn't customers complain if they feel they've been treated unfairly?:confused:

If you only cruise once or twice year, you might be unaware that there was a rule change. It wasn't very long ago that RCCL honored price reductions (in the form of on board credit) right up to day of embarkation. So I can understand the passengers being unaware & upset about it.

Yes, the customers of airlines & cruises have seen a lot of amenities, etc. decline and the airline & cruise companies have found that people are willing to accept it so they continue to cut where they can to increase profits (that's what they are in business for, after all). When RCCL changed their Diamond/Diamond+ benefits, the onslaught of complaints caused them to give some consideration. So if you don't complain, in mass numbers, then keep expecting less & less.

Just sayin'

Just to clarify......

9/1/2009 ~~ New Pricing Policy put into place where price drops will be honored up until 72 hours prior to departure. If price drop occurred prior to final, cruise fare will be adjusted. If it happens after final payment, an OBC will be issued.

5/17/2010 ~~ Another New Pricing Policy takes affect..... now only price drops up until final payment will now be honored. If, after final payment, a cabin category higher than what was originally booked is priced the same as or lower than, an upgrade can be requested.

Thanks, kelly! That was the support that I needed!! You're right-we should be here to support each other not bash!! I'm not perfect nor do I have time to read all the "rules".

Well dont blame the cruise line for your ignorance of the rules.

Duh? After final payment the only option is an upgrade if available. Best price guaranty applies up to 48 hours after booking (found on the bottom of Rccl.com). However if the price goes down before final there are obc and refund options.

Please clarify what it means when you write "Best price guaranty applies up to 48 hrs after booking (found on the bottom of RCCL.com). However if the price goes down before final there are obc and refund options."

This quote, which based on your post you say comes from the bottom of the RCCL.com website, seems confusing. Have you had a personal experience with this specific issue and can elaborate more?

DH and I had been considering a booking a price guaranty room for our upcoming Allure cruise. Then we got a price that was several hundred dollars lower and would guarantee us a specific cabin, so we booked it, instead.

So my question here, is NOT to complain, just to be more educated.

Just sayin'

Yes, I do believe consumers should complain about things they don't like happening. Also make sure you are the type of consumer with that company, that also tells them 'what you do like, and appreciate that they do'. They may take you more seriously. Yes, mass numbers can count.....but well placed complaints into the right ears, count more (my personal belief). Often times, the big 'din' from mass complaints, shuts down the 'hearing mechanism' -- therefore they stop hearing it anymore.

Please clarify what it means when you write "Best price guaranty applies up to 48 hrs after booking (found on the bottom of RCCL.com). However if the price goes down before final there are obc and refund options."

This quote, which based on your post you say comes from the bottom of the RCCL.com website, seems confusing. Have you had a personal experience with this specific issue and can elaborate more?

DH and I had been considering a booking a price guaranty room for our upcoming Allure cruise. Then we got a price that was several hundred dollars lower and would guarantee us a specific cabin, so we booked it, instead.

So my question here, is NOT to complain, just to be more educated.

From the RCI website concerning Best Price Guarantee Program

And then there is this link Learn More Customer Support Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee from the RCI website

good luck finding it elsewhere

Things do not always work out and sometimes we feel like we have been left high and dry. But in the end RCCL do give better service than the others.

When you look at the long term and not the short term view being Loyal to Royal does pay off. We got to have 2 cabins for the price of 1 for the next cruise because of a no extra charge for single supp. that was available at the time.

Still waiting for my lottery ticket to win as well. I still buy them. Doesn't mean I get angry that I haven't won yet. My glass is always half full.

Don

Edited by Folk Singer

Yes! They all do, but not after final payment-sounds like an airline!
Those are the rules , has been like this for a quite some time now, live and learn, now you know, easy peasy.....:rolleyes: Edited by Thetrail

The lesson here, don't pay early? I'm assuming the OP paid early.

Or the alternative lesson would be if you can, wait for the last minute deals.

There's no reason not to pay early, assuming by early you mean before final payment date. Price reductions are honored before the final payment date regardless of when you actually made the final payment.

Things do not always work out and sometimes we feel like we have been left high and dry. But in the end RCCL do give better service than the others.

When you look at the long term and not the short term view being Loyal to Royal does pay off. We got to have 2 cabins for the price of 1 for the next cruise because of a no extra charge for single supp. that was available at the time.

Still waiting for my lottery ticket to win as well. I still buy them. Doesn't mean I get angry that I haven't won yet. My glass is always half full.

Don

Don,

Dont know why you address this to me as we are also loyal to Royal. :) We are going on our 3 cruise since diamond and hopefully will have many more. Unlike the OP I do ready the fine print before I sign up.

Edited by bchalker

There's no reason not to pay early, assuming by early you mean before final payment date. Price reductions are honored before the final payment date regardless of when you actually made the final payment.

Price reductions are certainly honored before final payment date, but sometimes you really have to argue with the rep. I called the C&A line to take advantage of a huge ($500) price reduction in our upcoming Spring Break cruise. I have had better experiences dealing with the C&A reps, as they "seem" to be better informed. After confirming that there was actually a price drop on my cabin category, the rep told me that I was not eligible, since I had already made my final payment two days earlier. This was despite that my final payment date was over two weeks away.

I politely asked him to check on the matter and he came back chastened and with the news that I was eligible. I can only wonder what would have happened if I did not have the wonderful CC crew educating me about the policy. Thanks again to the great posters on here, I will soon have $500 extra in my pocket!:D

Just booked a 4 night on the Enchantment and the price dropped to half that I paid today. RCCL won't honor the reduction after final payment is made!!

It happen to us before but I compare it to something going on sale at the mall the day after I bought (and paid) for it. Sad but there is no guarantees.

Recently Jr. Suites were going on sale for under $600 but by the time I found it all the Jr. Suites on the sailings I was looking at were gone. Only to show up several days later being offer again but at double the price.

Just happened to me yesterday. Booked our Independence cruise for Feb 1st on Saturday. Figured that if rates were going down they would have by then. Most insides up to K were sold out. No weekly sale for the upcoming week, so I booked.

Q guarantee down $240 yesterday. Quite a kick in the gut

Find a price you are comfortable with. Book at that price. Don't look at any more price drops after you make the committment to book. If you have flexibility, wait until after final payment to see if you can get it at a better deal - if the ship is not sailing you can likely find something within a month before sailing.

It happen to us before but I compare it to something going on sale at the mall the day after I bought (and paid) for it. Sad but there is no guarantees.

Recently Jr. Suites were going on sale for under $600 but by the time I found it all the Jr. Suites on the sailings I was looking at were gone. Only to show up several days later being offer again but at double the price.

If something goes on sale the next day, you should promptly return to the store and request your money back. If they refuse, return it and repurchase.

Not really a good comparison....or you're losing a lot of money when shopping at home!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Find a price you are comfortable with. Book at that price. Don't look at any more price drops after you make the committment to book. If you have flexibility, wait until after final payment to see if you can get it at a better deal - if the ship is not sailing you can likely find something within a month before sailing.

Wise advice! I don't understand why people continue to look at their category after final payment. Do you look at air fares every day after booking? It's just torture! And then they get upset and post here lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app