RCCL won't honor price reductions!!!

I'm not sure that there was any negotiation. RCI offers a sailing for a certain price on a certain date and you either take it or leave it.

The negotiation is in cabin selection and day of purchase, as the cabin and prices fluctuate over time.

In any case, a contract WAS formed and bound, not sure why people think they should just be able to void a contract just because.

Would be great if it worked that way so after a year in a 3 year car lease I could just say, hey my buddy just got the same car for $100 less each month, so i'm, just gonna start sending you what he sends you cause that seems fair.

Yeah, it don't work that way.

The negotiation is in cabin selection and day of purchase, as the cabin and prices fluctuate over time.

In any case, a contract WAS formed and bound, not sure why people think they should just be able to void a contract just because.

Would be great if it worked that way so after a year in a 3 year car lease I could just say, hey my buddy just got the same car for $100 less each month, so i'm, just gonna start sending you what he sends you cause that seems fair.

Yeah, it don't work that way.

I have no idea why every time this subject comes up someone tries to relate it to purchasing a car. There are few items that people buy where they pay for it 75 days before they take possession of it. If you enter into a contract to purchase a car that has to be ordered, in most cases if the company starts an incentive or rebate offer before you take possession of the car you are typically entitled to the rebate offer. If a dealer asked to to pay for the car 2.5 months before I could have it I'd ask him if he was on drugs.

Buying a cruise and buying a car are two completely different issues.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I would compare the lost deposit money against the savings of booking a new cabin. If you're ahead, then go for it: it's still less than what you would originally have paid.

It's all about the bottom line for me, and if I'm going to save money by giving up my deposit on the first booking, and booking another one, then I've saved money.

I have no idea why every time this subject comes up someone tries to relate it to purchasing a car. There are few items that people buy where they pay for it 75 days before they take possession of it. If you enter into a contract to purchase a car that has to be ordered, in most cases if the company starts an incentive or rebate offer before you take possession of the car you are typically entitled to the rebate offer. If a dealer asked to to pay for the car 2.5 months before I could have it I'd ask him if he was on drugs.

Buying a cruise and buying a car are two completely different issues.

Good thought.

Remove references to cars and insert references to airlines. Many buy airline tickets well in advance, one once booked, refunds not given except for very few airlines, and if they do they come with a generally large change fee to do so.

Just booked a 4 night on the Enchantment and the price dropped to half that I paid today. RCCL won't honor the reduction after final payment is made!!

You can make your final payment, you just can't be past the final payment due date. Royal and Celebrity have always adjusted and refunded the difference.

It would be tough to swallow a 50% price drop if I booked 72 hours prior as well.

I'd be annoyed too if I booked 72 hours ago and the price dropped to less than half.

The OP apparently booked within a day or two of final payment. Is it really that surprising that prices drop after final payment is due? At that point the cruise line knows exactly how many cabins are still available and they have a limited amount of time to sell them. I wouldn't so much be annoyed with the cruise line for adhering to a very sensible (from a business standpoint) policy; rather, I'd be annoyed at myself for booking so close to the final payment deadline instead of waiting just a day or two for the inevitable price drops.

Sometimes you just have to shake your head about posts on this board.

A while back I called out a poster for calling another poster a liar.

I asked why they would do such a thing, and the reply back was "Because I can"

These boards were at one point a great resource for information. They still can be, but the tone has changed to a much more aggressive confrontational tone, and instead of information I read for the entertainment.

It still amazes me the rudeness that some people show on these boards...Did you really have to post this?? And so what if the OP did know.....Who really cares? Seriously who cares?????? Just ignore and move on with the next thread....

Sometimes you just have to shake your head about posts on this board.

A while back I called out a poster for calling another poster a liar.

I asked why they would do such a thing, and the reply back was "Because I can"

These boards were at one point a great resource for information. They still can be, but the tone has changed to a much more aggressive confrontational tone, and instead of information I read for the entertainment.

One of my first few posts on cc I said I was ALMOST diamond plus then a few posts later said I was a diamond plus. The diamond plus was a slight exaggeration to make a point. I thought it was not that big of a deal. Then somebody pointed out that I had stated earlier that I said a diamond not diamond plus

Then somebody else chimed saying "you go girl" . Then another poster posted my posts my previous posts where I said diamond then diamond plus. I was so upset by the mean spiritedness that I nearly quit cc. It was only the first week I was on. I don't know why people feel the need to be mean to each other. On the flip side most people on cc are informative and genuinely nice people. Ignore the bad don't engage with them and they will not have the attention they seek.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

A while back I called out a poster for calling another poster a liar....

There are liars on these boards, though. I have called one of them out many times now, as have others. There are members here who would take another member's advice/comments as fact, when it simply is not true. That is when you stand up for what is right and call out the liars. You just have to. :)

Anyway, just replying to your comments but will not keep going on it as it isn't fair to OP.

There are liars on these boards,

Liars, or people who are mistaken? I have posted what I thought to be true and then found out I was wrong. On a related note, there is one particular poster who is always nasty and recently came back and reported on having a bad cruise. I said, Thank You, Jesus! :D

Then, why did they move away??

There was a price reduction on the family balcony cabins, so after researching the location of the FB, I saw that there were balcony cabins available for my husband and I. I then checked the price and saw that those very cabins were also reduced in price, thus all should have worked out and we would have all been close together. RCI customer service simply told me I could not change to that cabin, no further explanation. I am a newbie to RCI and was not familiar with the policies on promotions. Sorry that I posted. But I must say that some people on the cc blogs are impatient and insensitive to new cruisers.

Jeez, people, how bout a little sympathy?

I'd be annoyed too if I booked 72 hours ago and the price dropped to less than half. That stinks, no matter WHAT the rules are.

OP, hope you have a good time and can at least get an upgrade!

You are soooo nice to say that! Have a wonderful holiday season!!

There was a price reduction on the family balcony cabins, so after researching the location of the FB, I saw that there were balcony cabins available for my husband and I. I then checked the price and saw that those very cabins were also reduced in price, thus all should have worked out and we would have all been close together. RCI customer service simply told me I could not change to that cabin, no further explanation. I am a newbie to RCI and was not familiar with the policies on promotions. Sorry that I posted. But I must say that some people on the cc blogs are impatient and insensitive to new cruisers.

Well, Have a great cruise anyway! The Oasis is gonna be great. :)

Just booked a 4 night on the Enchantment and the price dropped to half that I paid today. RCCL won't honor the reduction after final payment is made!!

Duh? After final payment the only option is an upgrade if available. Best price guaranty applies up to 48 hours after booking (found on the bottom of Rccl.com). However if the price goes down before final there are obc and refund options.

The other day we paid to upgrade from a Balcony to a GS. It cost us $682 Then, a little more than 48 hours later (close to 50 hours) the OS went down below what we paid for the GS. I put a hold on the suite and when our TA was able to get us the upgrade for free they weren't able to get us a refund because it was past 48 hours.

Instead of complaining, I am rejoicing because the Owner Suites were at least 700 pp more than the GS when we upgraded to the GS. We feel blessed and fortunate that we will now be sailing in an Owner Suite. I am happy with the upgrade and thankful that Royal allowed us to upgrade without charging us again.