Coffee card

lrockwitt

Yes, but you will not get the unlimited brewed coffee. For each cup of brewed they will punch a hole. I always hand over the card to be punched, but I have had it happen that after the first couple of days on a second time around card they stop punching the holes and just give me the coffee. I don't drink the specialty coffees so I only buy it for the freshly brewed coffee.

Yes, but they will punch it for brewed coffee as well as speciality coffee.

Yes, but you will not get the unlimited brewed coffee. For each cup of brewed they will punch a hole. I always hand over the card to be punched, but I have had it happen that after the first couple of days on a second time around card they stop punching the holes and just give me the coffee. I don't drink the specialty coffees so I only buy it for the freshly brewed coffee.

We have received brewed coffee and tea without the card being punched . If the card doesn't have any ship or cruise info on the back you usually can get brewed coffee and tea without punches . :)

The unlimited brewed coffee is intended only for the cruise/ship you're on. That's what you've paid for, not unlimited ad infinitum. Just like the soda or Ultimate card. The punches are good on any cruise/ship until used up.

Edited by Pam in CA

What Pam said. The unlimited brewed coffee card is only for the sailing you're on.

The punches can be used on any Princess ship until they are all used.

DH found one with punches left from another ship in his Water wallet of all places :rolleyes: from several cruises back and had no problem using it for the specialty coffees. He bought another for the brewed on the cruise we were currently sailing.

LuLu

~~~~

I know I can exchange my suite or Elite bar setup for two coffee cards, or so I have been told. I'm a single person. Obviously I'll use the first card as intended, but as I watch my weight, I may not need to get drinks off the second card. Can I simply use the (untouched, unpunched, untampered with) second card for full coffee privileges on a future cruise? Just bring it out at the coffee bar first day like I got it from room service or in an envelope? Would I be deceptive for doing it? Is there a written policy?

Edited by Wehwalt

What Pam said. The unlimited brewed coffee card is only for the sailing you're on.

The punches can be used on any Princess ship until they are all used.

DH found one with punches left from another ship in his Water wallet of all places :rolleyes: from several cruises back and had no problem using it for the specialty coffees. He bought another for the brewed on the cruise we were currently sailing.

LuLu

~~~~

True, they don't give you the unlimited brewed coffee except on the ship you bought the card, however, if you have cards from previous cruises they will give you regular brewed coffee, but it will cost you a punch.

No, You can not exchange the little bottles for a coffee card BUT If you send them to me, I will trade you even steven (LOL):D:D

I believe you're mistaken. You can exchange your entire mini-bar set-up for 2 coffee cards.

True' date=' they don't give you the unlimited brewed coffee except on the ship you bought the card, however, if you have cards from previous cruises they will give you regular brewed coffee, but it will cost you a punch.[/quote']

That would be a waste when DH buys a new coffee card for each sailing -- each sailing, even when we're doing a B2B it's required.

Sometimes he likes the specialty coffee more than others and tends to make friends and sometimes uses a punch or two to buy them a special coffee.

LuLu

~~~~

The Coffee Card:

Brewedcoffeeis $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$33.35 buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the Cafe and other lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees.

The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

Edited by Stevesan

Are they different coffee cards on each ship? If not, how would they know it had not been purchased or obtained in exchange for a minibar, on the ship in question. We have a full card and a partly used one obtained on Caribbean Princess as an Elite perk. Are you saying that I could not obtain free brewed coffee with these cards on, say, Ruby Princess?

Are they different coffee cards on each ship? If not, how would they know it had not been purchased or obtained in exchange for a minibar, on the ship in question. We have a full card and a partly used one obtained on Caribbean Princess as an Elite perk. Are you saying that I could not obtain free brewed coffee with these cards on, say, Ruby Princess?

On the back of the card are two lines for fill-in by the crewmember who sold you the card. The first line is the Ship Name and the second line is the Voyage Date. Sometimes the Voyage Number is written in place of the Voyage Date. That's how they are supposed to know if the card was purchased on your current ship/voyage. So, no, cards issued on the Caribbean Princess are not supposed to be valid for unlimited brewed coffee on the Ruby Princess. Not only that, cards issued on one particular sailing of the Caribbean Princess are not valid on any other sailing of the Caribbean Princess.

There have been reports that some cards are delivered blank.

Edited by beg3yrs

On the back of the card are two lines for fill-in by the crewmember who sold you the card. The first line is the Ship Name and the second line is the Voyage Date. Sometimes the Voyage Number is written in place of the Voyage Date. That's how they are supposed to know if the card was purchased on your current ship/voyage. So, no, cards issued on the Caribbean Princess are not supposed to be valid for unlimited brewed coffee on the Ruby Princess. Not only that, cards issued on one particular sailing of the Caribbean Princess are not valid on any other sailing of the Caribbean Princess.

When pre ordered they don't mark the coffee card. We also have had the crew members sell the card and not mark it . We have received cards that are unmarked even when sold in the IC.

Mine are definitely blank - just checked. I don't drink the brewed coffee but I do like the free hot chocolate :)