FORMAL NIGHTS JUST FACTS No opinions Please

vinn127

Do you have to wear jackets and ties on formal nights or are you allowed to dine, in MDR, in casual wear (dress pants and button down shirts) ? Please keep your opinions to yourself and just answer the question. Not looking to hurt feelings just get answers.

Thank you all.

Do you have to wear jackets and ties on formal nights or are you allowed to dine, in MDR, in casual wear (dress pants and button down shirts) ? Please keep your opinions to yourself and just answer the question. Not looking to hurt feelings just get answers.

Thank you all.

You will not be refused entry into the MDR wearing casual wear on formal nights.

You will not be refused entry into the MDR wearing casual wear on formal nights.

You might ... my partner's father was denied at the door on formal night on Liberty in 2012 while wearing a nice collared shirt and pressed Bermuda dress shorts with dress shoes.

(and I hope my "opinion" of his outfit didn't violate the thread starters snippy "rule" about no opinions in "his" thread ...)

Edited by F27TW

You might ... my partner's father was denied at the door on formal night on Liberty in 2012 while wearing a nice collared shirt and pressed Bermuda dress shorts with dress shoes.

Casual wear as defined by RCI and by what the OP asked did not include any mention of shorts which are excluded according to policy but not enforced on some ships.

I saw someone denied for shorts, too. But, I think that is the only thing.

On our TA aboard the Legend this fall we saw a women wearing bib-overalls and a red scarf tied around her head on formal night. Both were faded from too many washes. :eek:

Sounds Hot !

We had a lady (well that is questionable) at the captains table on formal night, wearing a pink T-shirt. I would scan the picture, but don't know how to hide the faces.

So, formal night as the Compass says, its only a suggestion of tux, or coat and tie, but they set the limit at shorts and flip flops.

Some maitre'd's follow the rules, and I have witnessed others that have allowed shorts.

Maybe Royal Caribbean should set one dining area aside for those that would like to dress formally for formal night, and let the rest just be casual, as it seems to be heading in that direction, more and more as we travel.

Oops........sorry for the opinion, it just slipped out!!:D

Rick

Thank you all.

Welcome to Crusie Critic, as you have been a member for three years without posting you must by now have realised that there is a wealth of information available by searching the site. You will not be refused admission anywhere on the ship - oops that might be my opinion.

We just cruised in Nov for seven days. My sons 7&11 wanted to wear ties so we bought shirts with clip on ties that they wore with dark khaki type pants. Other nights they wore polos with the same pants. No suits required.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Maybe Royal Caribbean should set one dining area aside for those that would like to dress casual, as it seems to be heading in that direction, more and more as we travel.

Rick

They do, its called Windjammer :D

Formal night is about respect. Sure, it is your cruise, and sure, you can wear pants, and a polo shirt, but the other couples at your table are all dressed up. I always say, the ships have so many options now, that if you don't want to dress up, than visit one of the many other options for dinner. Adults should not have to have a "dress code" and "suggestions" to follow. Isn't the words "formal night" enough to know what it means? I say about 80 - 90% will follow the "suggestions" and the others will say "It's my cruise, and I will do what I want".

We see lots of people dressed in tuxes and long gowns eating in the Windjammer. We guess they like dressing up for the free cocktails in the Diamond/Concierge Lounges.

I got turned away from a formal night wearing a short-sleeve collered shirt - a lose-win because, more and more, I'm favoring the Windjammer over the MDR.