10:20 - Clear Gatun locks

12:15 - Passing Gamboa and entering Galliard Cut

2:55 - Arrive Pedro Miguel locks

3:45 - Clear Pedro Miguel locks

4:15 - Arrive Miraflores locks

5:25 - Clear Miraflores locks

5:30 - Passing Bridge of Americas

6:00 - Pilot disembarks

Check out the transit on the Panama Canal webcams.

Pancanal.com

Transit of the Panama Canal - 27 January

6:30 - Pilot boards

8:10 - Arrive Gatun locks

10:20 - Clear Gatun locks

12:15 - Passing Gamboa and entering Galliard Cut

2:55 - Arrive Pedro Miguel locks

3:45 - Clear Pedro Miguel locks

4:15 - Arrive Miraflores locks

5:25 - Clear Miraflores locks

5:30 - Passing Bridge of Americas

6:00 - Pilot disembarks

Check out the transit on the Panama Canal webcams.

Pancanal.com

Thanks, we will be watching you!

Great shots, Pushka! Fun to see the forward deck outside full of people watching the transit and I'm sure the Commodore Club was jammed.

Here, here, well said Oahucruiser....... great to see folk on the foreword deck. I just wish we were aboard too.

The transit of the canal looks like great fun.

Questions:

Do the bars serve a special drink during the transit?

Is there a party atmosphere on the decks?

Are you close enough to the dock workers or other ships to speak to them?

:)

The transit of the canal looks like great fun.

Questions:

Do the bars serve a special drink during the transit?

Is there a party atmosphere on the decks?

Are you close enough to the dock workers or other ships to speak to them?

:)

No special drink (Drink of the day was a Mai Tai).

There was music on deck 9 for awhile.

A number of the crew were yelling at the cargo ship in the other lock and trying to carry on a conversation at Miraflores. There was lots of waves from workers, other ships and the viewing platforms.

No special drink (Drink of the day was a Mai Tai).

There was music on deck 9 for awhile.

A number of the crew were yelling at the cargo ship in the other lock and trying to carry on a conversation at Miraflores. There was lots of waves from workers, other ships and the viewing platforms.

This is probably a rare chance for the phillippine staff to communicate directly. I noticed this too in 2010.

Thanks for your reports - whish you were here - and I would be there :D

Hi to all,

We have just booked the World 2015 on QE and I am reading all of your posts to pick up lots of tips etc. I hope you all have a lovely time and for those who are on for the whole trip I am particularly interested if the entertainment for each segment is repeated or is there fresh talent and shows ?

Also any info as to dancing ?... Are the gentlemen hosts still on ?

Last time we were on the QE the gentlemen host were awful ( sorry to say that but it is true ) they just shuffled about .. it was embarrasing and a couple of the ladies did complain ... I dont understand why they are not interviewed and assessed.

Enjoy it all ...

Koo

On our QM2 world cruise, new entertainers arrived constantly. We had different speakers as well. It seemed that at every port someone was being changed. The variety was meant to satisfy many tastes: classical, broadway singers, comics, magicians, etc. The speakers also varied from politics, port information, and entertainment industry, and it seemed that they changed every week or so. Everyone's favorite was a former head of the London Ballet, Harold King, who also gave the most marvelous little dance classes. He was so loved, he was back for one of the final segments.

Some of the dance hosts wanted to sail the entire 3+months, but it's a good thing Cunard doesn't allow that. They do get tired, and it can show. One of the dance hosts had a frown on his face most of the time, just part of his personality. We saw him at a dance in our hometown and he told us he'd been fired by Cunard. Too bad the quality of dancing sometimes is not good. I think the majority were satisfactory.

We sailed towards Egypt during the big uprising 3 years ago, and wondered if we'd be able to visit at all and what would happen if the Suez Canal was deemed unsafe. Luckily, just days before we were due there, the announcement was made that we could go. The people who work in the tourist industry were clearly relieved to see us. Very tight security, armed security man on each bus to Luxor. Horrid drivers in Egypt by the way, some buses were racing and passing each other on the return trip.

Thank you everyone for your updates--my mom is on this cruise--she embarked in Florida and will sail until Southampton. I'm enjoying reading what's going on. I only hear from her every 4 or 5 days so far. I hope you all continue to enjoy your cruise!