Live from QE's 2014 World Voyage

Scrapnana

Patti,

I have not yet met Mr and Mrs Glojo although they were seen at dinner last night by two people on the roll call. I checked tonight but they were not in the MDR.

Kathi

P.S. Thanks for reading the blog. Hopefully it will become a bit more exciting when I can get some pictures up. I'll see if I can get the Tech guy to help me - good suggestion!

Patti,

I have not yet met Mr and Mrs Glojo although they were seen at dinner last night by two people on the roll call. I checked tonight but they were not in the MDR.

Kathi

P.S. Thanks for reading the blog. Hopefully it will become a bit more exciting when I can get some pictures up. I'll see if I can get the Tech guy to help me - good suggestion!

Thanks for the reply. Happy that they have been able to get out and he can experience the joys of the ship. Hoping you can resolve the problems with the photos. Can't wait to see a big bunch of them.

Cheers from Honolulu, Patti

Just popping in briefly before calling it a night.

Dancing has been a bit hit or miss. There is one host who is really quite good, from Las Vegas. He used to compete. All the hosts will be off at San Fran, and we'll have six new ones. I have to raise an eyebrow though as two of the hosts seem to never turn up.

Have definitely fallen into a routine already! I can't say enough about how lovely the ship is, and the service and food has been magnificent!

Scrapnana

May I also add my thanks to you for starting this thread. Like others I to will be eagerly awaiting all contributions. I was on the QE on November and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have an excellent world cruise.

To put you in the mood, here are a few of my pictures from the QE taken last year.

QE%20res1024.JPG

QE%20Funnel%201024.JPG

QE%20Commodore%20Club%20S%201024.JPG

Am I correct in assuming that this young lady from Cyprus will be on the cruise?

Maggiemou2.png

Yes, you are correct the lady from Cyprus is here! I am here with my 19 pieces of luggage 36 pairs of shoes and over 100 outfits.

you can follow me on http://www.cruise.co.uk under maggiemou's adventures.

http://www.cruises.co.uk/109-cruise_news/39629-maggiemous_adventures_atlantic_crossing.html#post584846

http://www.cruises.co.uk/109-cruise_news/39595-maggiemous_adventures_all_sea.html

Although I asked if they had a flyer and they told me, "no", when I returned from dinner there was a flyer on my door.

Entire world voyage - regularly $2399.70 but half off for a mere $1199.85

or broken down....

1st leg $399.95

2nd leg $20% off or about $320

3rd leg 40% off or about $240

4th leg 60% off or about $160

5th leg 80% off or about $80

6th leg free

But Wait! There's more! Get a FREE gift with every purchase!

You can get also get the hardcovered photobooks for the discounted price of $584.75 for all six.

Thank you very much for that information Kathi! Now have to figure out the segments for our cruise next year. I wonder what the free gift would be? At that price I wonder if that is for both the CDs and prints or if they charge you $75 more ontop of the listed prices.

Good lord those photo packages are expensive.

When do you arrive in NY?

I agree plus I really don't want albums full of pictures of me!:eek::eek::eek:

We arrive not so bright (it will still be dark) and early Saturday morning.

Thanks Scrapnana. Say hello to Whitemarsh for me. He's probably already at the pier waiting.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like pictures of me in travel photos.

Will try watch the Harbour Cams.

I agree plus I really don't want albums full of pictures of me!:eek::eek::eek:

We arrive not so bright (it will still be dark) and early Saturday morning.

I thought that Captain Wells said that we were docking at around 9 AM in his address today? Then again I've been stateroom bound due to killer acid reflux all day. :/ Hope to see folks tomorrow!

Thanks Scrapnana. Say hello to Whitemarsh for me. He's probably already at the pier waiting.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like pictures of me in travel photos.

Will try watch the Harbour Cams.

Not yet, it's too cold. I have one more day in New York, planning to visit the Frick Collection, go for a swim, and have one more meal at The Spotted Pig. What a find, my new favourite restaurant in NYC.

We will be meeting at 12-15 pm in the Commodore Club. Looking forward to meeting new arrivals in New York. Fashion police will come on board then. They will not be disappointed. There have been some great dressy people on this segment. I dressed for the Elizabethen ball and had a good laugh in doing so.

2014-01-15010723_zpse77c7b65.jpg

We have followed the QE on live web cam sites but it appears you are all still at sea.Are you delayed in your arrival or are the Cunard sites not up to date? Gary and Andrea

QE is not due in New York until January 18.

Roy

I finally found Maggie's blog....and got the answer to what's been bugging me...how does all that luggage travel? Still wondering if there are any flights involved. Can't imagine the surcharge for 19 bags. :eek:

I've always wanted to do the world cruise...but following along here will have to do. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to take us along. ;)

@Brigittetom:

I see you are going to be on the Queen Mary 2 for the W.B. crossing on May 9, 2014. We will also be on that crossing, as the last leg of our World Voyage. My parents and other relatives are going to join us for the crossing. I look forward to meeting you then.

Glenn

Edited by Hobie

@Brigittetom:

I see you are going to be on the Queen Mary 2 for the W.B. crossing on May 9, 2014. We will also be on that crossing, as the last leg of our World Voyage. My parents and other relatives are going to join us for the crossing. I look forward to meeting you then.

Glenn

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well. I'll have tons of questions if you have the patience. Grew up in Santa Monica and used to sail out of Long Beach in the olden days. :)

I finally found Maggie's blog....and got the answer to what's been bugging me...how does all that luggage travel? Still wondering if there are any flights involved. Can't imagine the surcharge for 19 bags. :eek:

I read a couple of times that Maggie stores all of her tons of cruise clothes in Southampton so she doesn't have to transport them from her home in Cypress.

Sorry all, but we have never been very good at dates, as exampled by our gaffe watching yesterday's webcam and eagerly awaiting the arrival of the QE in New York. Thank you for the text stating we were premature....quite, quite premature. My poor husband had an anxiety attack, panicked at the thought that maybe our own boarding date was incorrect. He sifted through several sites before being reassured that , yes, the ship will stop in Fort La- Dee- Da on the 21st. Yes, down here, that is the pet local name for Fort Lauderdale. For those of you looking for more favorable weather, Tuesday's temperatures will be in the upper 70' with no hint of rain. Gary and Andrea

I read a couple of times that Maggie stores all of her tons of cruise clothes in Southampton so she doesn't have to transport them from her home in Cypress.

Thank you.....most of the rest of us think we are super organized by having a "cruise closet". :D

Today we are live from New York City where it was snowing when I disembarked for a tour. The Captain had announced a few minutes earlier no snow or rain predicted!

My tour was the Lower Manhattan and 9/11 Memorial. A poorer guide I can't remember having. There were a number of mix-ups and he got very grumpy when people wanted a bathroom break. We finally made it to all the sites listed in the itinerary but many on the tour were grumbling by half way through it. I am hoping that Cunard will ask for an evaluation of the tour.

Today we are live from New York City where it was snowing when I disembarked for a tour. The Captain had announced a few minutes earlier no snow or rain predicted!

My tour was the Lower Manhattan and 9/11 Memorial. A poorer guide I can't remember having. There were a number of mix-ups and he got very grumpy when people wanted a bathroom break. We finally made it to all the sites listed in the itinerary but many on the tour were grumbling by half way through it. I am hoping that Cunard will ask for an evaluation of the tour.

Kathi,

Go to the tour/excursion desk and tell them about your experience. Hopefully others on your tour will do the same. I know how expensive those tours are and it is inexcusable for the tour company to provide such a poor guide. Thanks so much for keeping us updated on the world voyage!