Live from QE's 2014 World Voyage

Scrapnana

Queen Elizabeth sailed at 20.35 and QM2 sailed at 21.24. Most unusually, QE has gone down the western channel of the Solent rather than via the Nab tower and round the Isle of Wight, they are nearly at the Needles.

Chris Wells feeling adventurous perhaps?

Queen Elizabeth sailed at 20.35 and QM2 sailed at 21.24. Most unusually, QE has gone down the western channel of the Solent rather than via the Nab tower and round the Isle of Wight, they are nearly at the Needles.

QM2 was delayed because a passenger had to be taken off in an ambulance.

Austcruiser84

I have not had the privilege of traveling on the QM2 so can't compare. I have read others report that the QE and QV Commodore Club rooms are much nicer. I certainly used the room on several occasions. Here is another internal view and a view out to sea.

QE%2009456%20Commodore%20Club%20S%201024%2019%20Nov.JPG

QE%2009453%20Commodore%20Club%20view%20out%20to%20sea%20S%201024%2019%20Nov.JPG

Edited by candhu18

I enjoyed some of the morning sitting on the balcony watching the rolling seas and perhaps even getting a tan. At noon though Capt. Wells informed us that we are indeed on a Winter crossing and the sea and sky will be changing. The moderate swell is to become 9 meter waves tonight with the winds at 50 knots. Ahhh...all for the life at sea! Also the good captain did remind us all that it is indeed 2014.

Hello from our first day at sea!

The traffic backup in Southampton was horrible but once we reached the dock I walked right up checked in and was on the ship in about 15 minutes. The fireworks last night were beautiful even though it was pouring rain. I was slightly bedraggled last night at dinner from standing on the open deck watching the fireworks. Everyone else looked much smarter at dinner!

This morning was beautiful - sunny, smooth, and about 10C/50F. I sat out on the balcony and soaked up some rays. It got very overcast and rougher (but not real bad) after noon.

We had a very well attended Meet and Greet (thanks Maggiemou for being in charge) with about 50 people. Afterwards I had a late lunch with Mr. and Mrs. Maggiemou at the Golden Lion. Then Janix sorted out how setting up my internet account. Formal night tonight.

Have a fantastic voyage, all of you.

I have a little dream tucked away of joining you for one of the late legs, but at the moment they all seem to be completely booked up or way too expensive for me. I'm hoping for a good last-minute deal.

Meantime, enjoy every minute of it!

How's the ship looking Scrapnanna? :)

Enjoy!!

I think she looks great! Everything is very well maintained, the crew are wonderful, and I have enjoyed the food.

Have a fantastic voyage, all of you.

I have a little dream tucked away of joining you for one of the late legs, but at the moment they all seem to be completely booked up or way too expensive for me. I'm hoping for a good last-minute deal.

Meantime, enjoy every minute of it!

I hope something works out. I would love to meet you.

Just after noon and Captain Wells announced that we would have another 36 hours of rough weather. We are 360 miles north of the Azores trying to miss the worst of the North Atlantic storm. We are having 8 meter swells and force 9 winds. The outside temperature is 14C/58F.

Monday 15.00hrs. Captian advised it is likely to be rough for another 36 hrs. Ellen Baker gave a good talk about her space missions and i hope more talks from her are to come. The show was cancelled due to rough weather, the pools are empty and thee decks closed off.

Caviar is on the Queens a la carte menu and our Butler will deliver it along with canapes.

Just after noon and Captain Wells announced that we would have another 36 hours of rough weather. We are 360 miles north of the Azores trying to miss the worst of the North Atlantic storm. We are having 8 meter swells and force 9 winds. The outside temperature is 14C/58F.

Better you than me. I love cruising but not so much the rough weather. Have a great time and see you soon.

By the way, I am loving your blog and also Maggiemou's. I feel like I am there already with you all.

Chez

Has there been any discussion about possible itinerary changes (Egypt??)?

See all of you in 23 days in San Francisco!

No discussion at all. Cunard is still selling excursions for Egypt. The non-Cruise Critic world cruisers I've spoken with think we will go to Egypt unless something major happens between now and then. I've heard that British travel agents are still selling Egyptian holidays.

No discussion at all. Cunard is still selling excursions for Egypt. The non-Cruise Critic world cruisers I've spoken with think we will go to Egypt unless something major happens between now and then. I've heard that British travel agents are still selling Egyptian holidays.

Interestingly, our Excursion Brochure has just arrived (QM2)and shows excursions for Safarga but NOT for Suez where we have previously had excursions to Cairo and the Pyramids.

Edited by cruiseluvva

Kathi, enjoying your blog and hope you are having a good time. Can you find out the price of the photography package (I think they used to have all your pictures for one price on a disc)? I would appreciate it!

We were thinking along the same lines - I just did that a few minutes ago.

6 on a CD-$149.95

12 on a CD-249.95

24 on CD-349.95

Unlimited prints - $399.95

Unlimited on CD - 399.95

Unlimited prints and a CD add $75

They also sell hardcovered books with 33 pictures for each segment. First segment is $170, last segment is free and all the middle are $140 per segment.

After typing this I realized that I am not sure if the package price is for a segment or the whole cruise. I will ask when I go that way again.

Kathi

We were thinking along the same lines - I just did that a few minutes ago.

6 on a CD-$149.95

12 on a CD-249.95

24 on CD-349.95

Unlimited prints - $399.95

Unlimited on CD - 399.95

Unlimited prints and a CD add $75

They also sell hardcovered books with 33 pictures for each segment. First segment is $170, last segment is free and all the middle are $140 per segment.

After typing this I realized that I am not sure if the package price is for a segment or the whole cruise. I will ask when I go that way again.

Kathi

Thanks for checking on that Kathi! It is very helpful! Oh, surely that is for the whole world cruise...will await your final answer....lol.

Thanks for checking on that Kathi! It is very helpful! Oh, surely that is for the whole world cruise...will await your final answer....lol.

Although I asked if they had a flyer and they told me, "no", when I returned from dinner there was a flyer on my door.

Entire world voyage - regularly $2399.70 but half off for a mere $1199.85

or broken down....

1st leg $399.95

2nd leg $20% off or about $320

3rd leg 40% off or about $240

4th leg 60% off or about $160

5th leg 80% off or about $80

6th leg free

But Wait! There's more! Get a FREE gift with every purchase!

You can get also get the hardcovered photobooks for the discounted price of $584.75 for all six.