Solarium chairs on the Oasis

Fat Paul

Wife as I are booking a cruise on the Oasis. We always enjoy hanging out at the solarium. Looking at photos of the solarium on the internet I noticed some "clamshell" seats. My question can they be reserved? Are they rented? Any help would be appreciated.

Wife as I are booking a cruise on the Oasis. We always enjoy hanging out at the solarium. Looking at photos of the solarium on the internet I noticed some "clamshell" seats. My question can they be reserved? Are they rented? Any help would be appreciated.

No reservations for those chairs. Just plop down in an open one.

One time in those chairs was enough for us. They were stained and they smelled bad. :(:p Not to mention, what you think probably happens in them after dark, does happen in them... I have read such "confessions" here. Thanks but no thanks. ;)

Yes... I never tried one of them. They look nice, but I'd definitely out some towels down on it!

I noticed on Allure, they didn't even bother to put any of these in the Solarium...they look great in the brochure, but there are 6 of them for 6000 people, you do the math:(

On Oasis, we finally noticed an empty one on disembarkation day after having breakfast in the Solarium. We had a short sit in it, and I noticed two things. First like the others noticed, they are a little icky, and second, they are a little awkward to get comfortable in!

I hope you have a chance to enjoy one, but there are plenty of other comfy loungers to be found. I kind of like the upper level near the bar, no one is really "walking through" that area, it's close to the bar if you want a refreshment and you have a panoramic view of the water from up there. There are several cloth covered chairs there too, not clam shells, but sit up chairs that look more comfy, and there are enough that you might have a better chance of getting one!

Enjoy!:D

Edited by Familygoboston

Been on Oasis twice, Solarium packed to the gill on both cruises. It was hard to even find a regular deck chair let alone a "clamshell" one.

Two trips on Oasis and one on Allure, and I never found the Solarium "packed to the gill". Not sure if it was just bad luck on your part, or what.

Just got off the Oasis....I second the semi-grossness....the look comfy but ehhhhhhhhhhh :cool:
3rd that. I wouldn't take one if it was available.

Agreed with macruisefan too, after 4 times on Oasis class I've also never seen the solarium "pack to the gill". Always been plenty of multiple loungers together to sit at any time of the day. That's been our experience anyway.

Edited by The Grumpus

Two trips on Oasis and one on Allure, and I never found the Solarium "packed to the gill". Not sure if it was just bad luck on your part, or what.

I agree with u too..Did a b2b on allure and never had a problem finding solarium chairs.. Maybe it was the time we got there in the morning...

One time in those chairs was enough for us. They were stained and they smelled bad. :(:p Not to mention, what you think probably happens in them after dark, does happen in them... I have read such "confessions" here. Thanks but no thanks. ;)

I agree. One morning on an early walk I went over to one of those chairs and I wouldn't even touch it never mind actually try sitting on it.:rolleyes:

Seriously....at the risk of sounding like a prude....people need to reserve that for the privacy of their cabin!!!:eek:

I Agree!!!!!

Like we have always heard said..

"Get a Room"

Or

In this case

"Get a Cabin"

Sea Ya