Grandeur Seas

grneyes

Usually means they are fully booked, but don't know why the whole month is like that. If you are interested, call and find out. Maybe a computer glitch.

Gwen :)

Thank You for your reply

Just seems strange that the whole month booked!

Thank You for your reply

Just seems strange that the whole month booked!

Maybe everyone just wants to get away from all this nasty weather we are having lately. :p

Seriously though, I think if you call, even when there is an N/A there, they might be able to find something for you. I think they always leave some cabins open for one reason or the other.

There are openings on our March 18th cruise.

Gwen :)

Edited by cruzinlady1947

I'm sailing on 2/8 and that cruise showed NA for many months until our final payments were due and some cabins became available. Looks like they sold out again. I know our cruise is in demand as Baltimore is a desirable port for those in the NE/mid-Atlantic states who don't want to fly and in February had more desirable itineraries than Explorer of the Seas from Port Liberty in NJ. Baltimore and Bayonne cruises in winter seem to depart fully booked or close to fully booked each year. We booked a year in advance and some of our cabin choices were unavailable already.

I am on the February 28th cruise on the Grandeur and I noticed the same thing. when I called to check prices before I made final payment they told me that they were basically sold out. They had a handful of rooms left and all ocean views but one were sold.

Maybe if she keeps selling out they will decide to send us a Radiance class ship :).

Maybe if she keeps selling out they will decide to send us a Radiance class ship :).

I use to feel this way too but with Carnival pulling the Pride from Baltimore. I am just happy to have a ship. I love sailing out of Baltimore, it is so easy and convenient. I want more ships but I am not going to be greedy.

There are lots of vacancies in February. No sailing is sold out. If you doing it yourself, try an agent. There are a couple of agencies that have blocked space that is quite inexpensive ex. around $700.00 for a balcony

There are lots of vacancies in February. No sailing is sold out. If you doing it yourself, try an agent. There are a couple of agencies that have blocked space that is quite inexpensive ex. around $700.00 for a balcony

That's interesting. Don't agencies usually have turn back unsold inventory around final payment time?

I use to feel this way too but with Carnival pulling the Pride from Baltimore. I am just happy to have a ship. I love sailing out of Baltimore, it is so easy and convenient. I want more ships but I am not going to be greedy.

As far I as know, Pride is being pulled because Carnival could not get a waiver for the new emission requirements. They are planning to put a ship back (maybe Pride, maybe a different one) in Spring 2015. I did read that Carnival is having problems selling in NYC, but I have never seen anything about how Pride sells year round. Does anyone know if she usually sails full throughout the year, or just during the summer months, holidays, and school vacations?

Could a Radiance class ship pass under the Key Bridge?

My guess is that it's close. I believe Radiance class is a few feet taller than Grandeur or Enchantment, but I'm not sure how much safety factor is involved. In other words, Radiance might technically fit, but might be too close for them to chance it on a regular basis.

Edited by clarea

Could a Radiance class ship pass under the Key Bridge?
Many people say Radiance class can not get into Baltimore, but here seems to be no definitive statement on this. I can find Baltimore's Key Bridge listed with "vertical navigation clearance" of 185 feet at http://www.roadstothefuture.com/Balt_Outer_Harbor.html . I'm almost positive that the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (Annapolis) is slightly higher than Key Bridge.

According to the USCG Captain of the Port, Tampa Bay http://tampabaypilots.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Sunshine-Skyway-Bridge-Vertical-Clearance.pdf the Sunshine Skyway has a "Vertical Clearance" of 180.5 ft. Radiance class ships (Jewel last year, Brilliance this year) have regularly sailed under the Sunshine Skyway, so Radiance class can get into Tampa.

IF the measurements in Tampa and Baltimore are addressing the same fact (I think they are, but there is so much conflicting info, it is hard to tell) then it would seem that Radiance class should get into Baltimore with no problem.

Thom

Wouldn't it be nice to see Celebrity offer cruises out of Baltimore? :cool::cool:

Would that class of ship fit under the bridges? I've heard that the key & bay bridges are what is the limiting factor on the ship sizes leaving Baltimore.

As far I as know, Pride is being pulled because Carnival could not get a waiver for the new emission requirements. They are planning to put a ship back (maybe Pride, maybe a different one) in Spring 2015. I did read that Carnival is having problems selling in NYC, but I have never seen anything about how Pride sells year round. Does anyone know if she usually sails full throughout the year, or just during the summer months, holidays, and school vacations?

We sailed on Pride twice in the "off" season & the ship was full both times.

I am on the February 28th cruise on the Grandeur and I noticed the same thing. when I called to check prices before I made final payment they told me that they were basically sold out. They had a handful of rooms left and all ocean views but one were sold.

They are all sold out. We were originally scheduled Dec 6th but couldn't get out of Dallas. We had to rebook within 6 months in order to preserve the money we spent and it was pretty tough finding another date that worked.

I think a lot of people were in the same boat so to speak due to the weather and have re-booked the three Feb 2014 cruises out of Baltimore.

It is not just a matter of fitting under the two bridges there is also an issue with the depth of the water at the dock. The Vision class ships actually scrape bottom at times while they are in the process of docking.

It is not just a matter of fitting under the two bridges there is also an issue with the depth of the water at the dock. The Vision class ships actually scrape bottom at times while they are in the process of docking.
Royal Caribbean lists draft on Vision at 25 feet, and on Radiance at 28 feet, so that could be a potential problem. However it is generally easier to dredge the channel than it is to raise the bridges. But the Bayonne Bridge is in the process of having its road bed raised 64 feet, so not unheard of.

Thom

Wouldn't it be nice to see Celebrity offer cruises out of Baltimore? :cool::cool:

I was so bummed when Celebrity sold the Mercury. Sure she was small--but, I still enjoyed sailing on her.

PS--OP I looked at the February GOTS cruises, too. The RCL site said they had cabins on the first screen of Feb 8, but when I tries to select one it said they were sold out. Bummer!!

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas