Just how hard is it to shave your legs in the showers?

porcelina

We're traveling on RC Liberty of the Seas and have a Superior Ocean View stateroom and I'm wondering just how small the shower in the room is. Do you have to be a contortionist to shave your legs? I've only cruised once before and that was 10 years ago so I don't really remember . . .

Sit on the commode with the seat down which is VERY close to the shower. Put towels on the floor. Easiest way to do it when you don't have a cabin with a tub. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Ohhh boy . . . I was afraid of this. :(

Interesting--it's something I never think about because I'm so nearsighted that it wouldn't be safe for me to shave without my glasses on. I've always stood with one foot in the sink to shave. That became more of a challenge when we had vessel sinks put in our bathroom, but I managed.

Some cruise showers have a bar for you to put your foot on in the shower but I can't remember on Liberty. If not, use the sink. Give yourself a nice close shave the morning of your cruise, wherever you are. I've had veranda cabins on Liberty and never found the shower to be too small.

how about using a cream hair remover? like nair....and just rinse it off in shower.

Just what I was going to suggest. I'm both fluffy and decidedly un-limber due to arthritis, so I've been using this for the last couple of years.

Off topic, but still to do with cream depilatories: has anyone ever used this on their husband to get rid of ugly back hair? I'm seriously considering it. I hate spreading sunscreen on that hairy back of his. :eek:

Just what I was going to suggest. I'm both fluffy and decidedly un-limber due to arthritis, so I've been using this for the last couple of years.

Off topic, but still to do with cream depilatories: has anyone ever used this on their husband to get rid of ugly back hair? I'm seriously considering it. I hate spreading sunscreen on that hairy back of his. :eek:

I saw the guys on a reality tv show use this for chest , legs and back.

I did this last cruise, so didn't have to struggle with shaving in a tiny shower during the cruise, and worry about missing hairs. It was really worth it. The hair doesn't grow back for quite a while, at least on me. I felt my legs were extra smooth and nice for the cruise. It cost me $80 plus $10 tip in California two days before the cruise. Actually made my cruise experience nicer. I will get my legs professionally waxed before the next cruise too. Ta-da, don't have to give a thought to shaving and leg hair all during the cruise!

I did this last cruise, so didn't have to struggle with shaving in a tiny shower during the cruise, and worry about missing hairs. It was really worth it. The hair doesn't grow back for quite a while, at least on me. I felt my legs were extra smooth and nice for the cruise. It cost me $80 plus $10 tip in California two days before the cruise. Actually made my cruise experience nicer. I will get my legs professionally waxed before the next cruise too. Ta-da, don't have to give a thought to shaving and leg hair all during the cruise!

This.

Except I go to the beauty school, I'm so nit-picky and between the teacher an I, those students get everything. Also only costs me forty dollars for the whole leg. Follow it up with a facial, and I can avoid the spa on the ship the whole time. I like the students because a. They're more dilligent as they try to get it right and b. They take their time so I don't feel as rushed and c. Of course price!

Temporary pain is sooo much nicer then slicing your leg on a razor when you go at a spot the wrong way or the razor burn I always get.

I am fluffy and have long legs, so I'd guess I'm probably a worst case scenario shaving my legs in cruise ship showers. Here's how I do it:

I back my butt into the far corner of the shower, and face diagonally and place the foot of the leg I'm shaving as far out as I can. Then, when I bend over, I have as much possible space in front of me.

I use an Intuition shaver so it's all zip-zip to shave. Switch the leg and do that one.

Maddie's suggestion above is a good one combined with the "diagonal" I use.

Edited by pcur

I use Magic Shave for some sensitive areas and it works really well. I have sensitive skin and it has never cause a problem. I haven't tried it on my legs, but I plan to. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Razorless-Shave-Cream-Regular/dp/B004M9NCOQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1389818263&sr=1-4&keywords=softsheen+carson+magic

Liberty does not have the "shave bar", only Oasis class has that (pretty awesome, too - well, an improvement, anyway!). I put my foot out of the shower and up on the toilet to shave. I also touch up with an electric razor when needed.

You'll figure it out; all us gals do. :) Enjoy Liberty.

I tried waxing…once. From a highly experience waxer. It felt as though she was ripping my skin off and I was convinced when I got up I would have blood streaming down my legs and no skin left. The end results were just OK and definitely not worth it to go through that pain again (think 40 Year Old Virgin).

I think my skin is too sensitive. Even waxing my brows with cool wax turns my skin red for a couple days. I now get my brows threaded with no problems whatsoever. Too bad they don't do legs (or do they?).

Sit on the commode with the seat down which is VERY close to the shower. Put towels on the floor. Easiest way to do it when you don't have a cabin with a tub. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

That is exactly what I am doing. It actually works well considering the conditions.

I like the idea of the wax, hopefully would save having to shave over the cruise. I have never had a waz though and don't know how far up the leg they go or anything!!

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Forums mobile app

I had a full leg wax, which took all the leg hair to bathing suit line at top of thigh. But I think a "bikini" wax is more than that and Brazilian is too much to contemplate. I think you can also get just the lower legs.

Another vote for waxing (or sugaring) but make sure you find a decent, clean establishment to do it not a dirty backroom somewhere;)

Half leg goes to knee, (some places includes foot/toes if necessary)

Full leg to top of thigh but not bikini line

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I'm suprised no one uses my "technique". After I wash my hair etc, inside the shower, I turn it off & come outside the shower stall area. I put towels over the toilet (seat down) and put my leg on top of the toilet/towels. I make sure to put plenty of towels on the floor as well. Then, after I'm done shaving, I go back into the shower to rinse off. I actually find it easier shaving this way than doing it inside the shower (at home).