Heli-Pad Sail Away on Allure

bilyclub

I was on the first seven day cruise of the Allure back in 2010. Back then, the Heli-Port sailway party from Labadee was for D's and above plus the suites. Last week it appeared that the party was just for the suites. Did this change or was my invitation lost? The concierge's were not very hands on, so I never asked.

I was on the first seven day cruise of the Allure back in 2010. Back then, the Heli-Port sailway party from Labadee was for D's and above plus the suites. Last week it appeared that the party was just for the suites. Did this change or was my invitation lost? The concierge's were not very hands on, so I never asked.

Hi

I have done the sailaway party twice - out of St Maarten (2012) and Labadee (2013) and both times it was just for suite guests (I was in a GS both times and am not a Diamond or above C&A member.) The invite I got clearly stated it was for suite guests only so perhaps this is a change to before. I heard that they 'try' and do a separate one for high level C&A but this doesn't ever seem to happen.

Jo :)

as a D+ member and having sailed on Allure twice I have not ever received an invite for the Helipad sailaway. I was not in a suite.

I have sailed on Oasis 6 times and as an upper level C&A have always received an invite for that special sail away event.

We sailed in March and yes, it was the suite guests that were invited to the helipad for the sailaway.

The Concierge (s) , (Dexter and Rahim) , were very much on top of things or as you put it "hands on" when we were there. Sorry you didn't feel that they were.

We love the sailaways on the helipad! A very nice touch!

Both times on Oasis we were invited to the helipad sailaway from Labadee. We were Diamond both times and in a GS once. Don't recall a distinction between C & A members and suites for the time we were in the GS, but obviously, at least with the non-suite time, it included C & A members. Again this was Oasis and it may be different with Allure. It was also 2011 and 2012 so things may have changed since then.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 4 weeks later...
Beside the obvious location ( but isn't that area accessible to everyone anyway?)... What is so special or significant about this sail away for suite guests? We are in a GS in 2 weeks on the Allure...

David:D

On Oasis class ships unlike Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class this area is not accessible to the general cruising public.

Did a B2B on the Oasis as Diamond a couple of years ago, and on both itineraries, we were invited to the helipad sail away. Next cruise on the Allure we received no invite. Think the two Oasis class ships do things differently. Definitely a grand experience.

One fun event during that helipad sail away was how one of the DreamWorks characters directed the horn to be blown. Enjoyed visiting with officers who were on the helipad as well. So glad we took our camera for pictures!

We were on Allure this past Nov. We are D and were NOT invited to helipad sailaway, but I was told there were over 300 D and above onboard so between that and suites, just too many people. But, they could have done a couple of them and covered everyone.

On Oasis class ships unlike Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class this area is not accessible to the general cruising public.

Thanks...Wasn't sure...I know we had been out on it on one of the ships we had been on before, and wasn't sure about Allure...

David:D