ATTENTION SMOKERS - Prices of cigarette cartons have gone up on ship

PittsburghGirlee

My BFF is on the Splendor right now out of NYC. She called me from Port Canaveral and told me that as of this sailing, January 20th, the price of cigarette cartons have gone up.

The gift shop cashier said it was fleet wide, but I can only tell you that it is for sure on the Splendor.

The 5 carton package of Marlboro that used to be around $120.00 is now $160.00.

All of the other brands have also gone up.

Just thought I would share.

This info is for those that smoke and/or purchase smokes for others. Please do not turn this into a nasty anti-smoking thread.

I am just sharing the info.

My BFF is on the Splendor right now out of NYC. She called me from Port Canaveral and told me that as of this sailing, January 20th, the price of cigarette cartons have gone up.

The gift shop cashier said it was fleet wide, but I can only tell you that it is for sure on the Splendor.

The 5 carton package of Marlboro that used to be around $120.00 is now $160.00.

All of the other brands have also gone up.

Just thought I would share.

This info is for those that smoke and/or purchase smokes for others. Please do not turn this into a nasty anti-smoking thread.

I am just sharing the info.

Thanks for the info. I guess even the duty free shops aren't immune to inflation.:(

I do not....my BFF had 2 sea days and the first port was Port Caneveral. She did not stop at any ports yet. She is going to check cigarette carton prices in the Bahamas as that is her next stop.

Thanks for the info. :) Please keep us posted as to what she finds out.

Thanks for the info! Good to know before I promise to bring some back for friends.

I will keep everyone posted when she returns on Tuesday. I had asked her to bring me a few cartons back to hold me over till our Feb 28th cruise. She is not going to buy them until she checks out the prices in the Bahamas.

Yes, it is true....still a better price of $60 a carton here in Pittsburgh :)

Will change the amount of cartons I usually bring home though, which is usually around 15 cartons.

I was on the Splendor out of NYC last week. The 5 carton Marlboro was $120.00 I guess they raised it after our sailing. Oh well prices at home are over $100.00 for 1 carton including tax. Luckily DW and I quit smoking years ago. We took up drinking instead.

How do you get 17 cartons in? I tried to bring 5 cartons into Miami and you would have thought I was Al Capone.

I break down a few cartons and have a secret bottom liner in my huge suite case that fits 8 cartons perfectly .... I also break down an entire carton and put in my purse....Where there is a will...there is a way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's $5.50 a pack or $45 a carton currently here in NC. Even $160 still saves.

like your nic.. I wanna cruse more too lol..

my daughter lives in Albany, NY over 10bucks a pack. so $100 n change for her for a carton. I live in Vermont. $75.00 for a carton. dang I need to really get back on quitting lol

when we drove down to fla, we always grab some because the price are better than up north lol.

Just wish CCL would carry my brand. I smoke Salem regular, and although they sell by the pack at the bars, the last 4-5 years haven't had available by the carton on the ship. I usually just buy 1-2 cartons in Port. The cheapest I can find here is $48 per carton.