Elite elegant tea question

gem lady

Not sure if there's an Elegant tea on a short 4 day cruise, but in any case, the dress code's the same as the morning coffee break, evening cocktail hour, wine tasting, and any other such event.

I was disappointed when I attended this on a hot, humid afternoon and there was no "elegant" ice tea set up for serving - they had to send out for it! :o

• 2 weeks later...
My friend is traveling with me in my cabin but is not elite. Can she come with me? The website indicates she is welcome at the cocktail hour and morning coffee, but did not address the tea.

My mother who shared my room and was not elite was able to attend all elite events, including the elite tea. :)

There was no Elite Tea on our five day cruises on the Connie in Dec and Jan so there will not be one on your 4 day. However, there is tea in the buffet at 4pm. There are nice tea sandwiches and sconces/w jams and cream.

Enjoy.

Edited by Oville

Just off the Silhouette and am elite, but my cabin mate friend was not. She received the same elite coupons as I did and elite was listed on her seapass card, so she was able to attend the same elite events as I did.

I'm surprised. Did they change the policy or just make a mistake concerning giving the non-Elite the Elite coupons? I know the policy of attending Elite functions if one is non-Elite sharing a cabin with an Elite, but usually they will get the coupons for the category they are.

I was surprised as well. My first cruise as elite was on the Summit last November with my husband and he also received the elite coupons, which was not as much a surprise to me because he's my husband. I was very surprised my friend received them, she is not even select. I do understand having elite on her seapass card so she could attend events with me.

We were traveling with two friends, one classic and one select in an adjoining cabin and they both received their correct coupons.

Sounds like the room attendant may have gotten it wrong to your friend's advantage. Perhaps it is just another sheet of coupons to them with little understanding to the value they hold. I can see this occurring given the amount of paperwork they have to sort. I'm just pleased my friend can attend the events. I usually travel with my husband who is also elite so the question has not come up before.