Hot Chocolate

Hi everyone.

We will be cruising in a few months and my SIL does not drink tea or coffee.

Is hot chocolate available, especially in the main dining room? Is it available in any other locations? If so, is it drinkable?

Edited by Aussie Lee

It's available. It's just the packet type of hot chocolate, nothing special.

And at least RCI ships it's the "Dark" chocolate packets..If she has a certain brand she could bring her own..and make sure it's made with milk rather than water.

Not sure if this is the case across the fleet but on the Grandeur the past 2 sailings I have ordered hot chocolate with desert on the first night and the assistant waiter had to run up to the windjammer to get some. The first sailing we had no idea he would have to make that kind of trek until after he brought it back so when he told us we informed him that it would be every night. The next day we brought a pack with us to give to him only for him to say he went up earlier in the day to get a whole box for the rest of the sailing. Not sure why they wouldn't have any in the MDR by default since they have the same tea as up in the Windjammer and in the past on larger ships they never seemed to have any issue with it already being available.

The buffet should have some flavored water also -- something like Kiwi-Strawberry or Mango. You could also bring it with you to the MDR if you want. (Your waiter probably would also run to the buffet to get you one -- They do work hard!)

Edited by Jimnbigd

This is what I do with Hot chocolate

Take Hot Coffee, Add Hot Chocolate, Half and Half and a packet or two of sugar or Splendia and mix it in. If there is Cinnamon or Nutmeg you can add it too.

Very Delicious without paying for a specialty drink.

Another thing I do is take Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream they serve and put coffee on top of it(:

Edited by travelplus

Thank you everyone for your ideas. It's good to know that it is available in WJ & because it's in packets it is easy to take back to your cabin.

I'll let my SIL know to stock up on some packets of Hot Chocolate and to keep her Milo at hand in the cabin just in case she doesn't like the packets.

Travelplus, I also love Affogato (ice cream with a shot of hot coffee poured over).

You can get actual hot chocolate @ park cafe& cafe promenade. They use steamed milk & some kind of syrup & whipped cream. Yum

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is there a charge for this?

Thanks,

Brad

Is there a charge for this?

Thanks,

Brad

RCI Radiance had great hot chocolate out on deck on our Alaska cruise the morning we were at Hubbard Glacier...but there was a charge..perhaps it was that thermal travel cup it was served in...oh well I brought mine home and have used it.

Thank you everyone for your ideas. It's good to know that it is available in WJ & because it's in packets it is easy to take back to your cabin.

I'll let my SIL know to stock up on some packets of Hot Chocolate and to keep her Milo at hand in the cabin just in case she doesn't like the packets.

Travelplus, I also love Affogato (ice cream with a shot of hot coffee poured over).

Aussie Lee glad I'm not the only one who like Affogato onboard. I ask my server for Coffee and Ice Cream and just pour the coffee over the ice cream.

Question: Do they have marshmallows or marshmallow fluff available?

Fluff? That stuff in the jar right? Uhh, no - no fluff.

Does anyone know if they have No Sugar added or Sugar Free hot chocolate?

That would be nice but I have never seen it. You could definitely bring your own packages, though.

They also make a plastic container that has the mini marshmallows in it for hot chocolate. I keep it in my classroom closet next to my hot coco mix! Always nice for a treat for myself on a freezing afternoon! It would be very light to bring along!