First time cruiser perks?

GMayberry

You get to be on a cruise!

For the first time!

Really though - not every past guest gets to go to the party. You have to be gold level which requires 25 points or more points. You get one point per day.

Red, which is 2nd sailing - 24 points, gets one free drink coupon (but there are restrictions, don't think we ever used outs). Gold level gets that, a pin and an invite to the past guest party.

IMO , the best perk is seeing and doing things for the first time , the experiences from my first 3 cruises were the best . The excitement and such.

Not saying I still do not enjoy cruising , I do , but nowadays we tend to just relax a lot more , we do not worry about whether we missed a show or dinner because we slept in or whatever else . Now they are all about relaxing , last one I swear we must have slept half the cruise , sure did need it .

For the first time!

Really though - not every past guest gets to go to the party. You have to be gold level which requires 25 points or more points. You get one point per day.

Red, which is 2nd sailing - 24 points, gets one free drink coupon (but there are restrictions, don't think we ever used outs). Gold level gets that, a pin and an invite to the past guest party.

And there's nothing quite like the first time you step on that ship :)

you get to enjoy the cruise for what it is and not what it was.

Its still a hell of a value for the money and a great time. Does it compare to 10 or 20 years ago, its constantly debated in every topic around here. Is it a damn good time that you will find yourself longing to do again after you step off the ship - at least my money says you will.

go hard, have fun, find time to take it all in yet relax at the same time...buy some inches of gold, hit an art auction for free sh!tty champagne and don't miss the final sale at the shops...so you can look back in a couple years and laugh about it.

First step on board you get greeted with a server trying to sell you a drink. First timers don't realize you gotta pay for it. You might get a welcome aboard but that's about it. Oh and if you paid for FTTF, well you did get to come on board early and to your cabin even though that cost you $50. Just remember it's not FTTF, it's FTYW (Faster to Your Wallet).:D

For the first time!

They changed this between my second and third cruise also. Watch, just as I make gold it will be changed to platinum only.

There is a perk being a first time cruiser. You get on that ship and you just look around in amazement that all this glass, metal , glitz floats????!!!! The excitement of exploring the ship for the first time, getting pampered everyday of the cruise with Stewart's that are like Ninjas that magically clean your room and make your beds even if you left the room for 15 minutes, offerings of food and drink and food and drink and wonderful entertainment and explore new countries and people and meet all kinds of GREAT folks at your dinner table, the pool, the bars........honestly that is the best perk of all.......everything is new and everything is so exciting!!! Enjoy and then book another cruise and then another and then another and then you finally get some perks......but I have not done 30 cruises for the perks I have done them because I just LOVE cruising!! Enjoy!

"The excitement of exploring the ship for the first time, getting pampered everyday of the cruise with Stewart's that are like Ninjas that magically clean your room and make your bed"

Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy named "Stewart" he's there every time you leave your cabin. IMHO Stewart is the most important person that you will need. He even has a private phone number that you can call him in case you need something. Stewart IMHO is da man!

you get to enjoy the cruise for what it is and not what it was.

Its still a hell of a value for the money and a great time. Does it compare to 10 or 20 years ago, its constantly debated in every topic around here. Is it a damn good time that you will find yourself longing to do again after you step off the ship - at least my money says you will.

go hard, have fun, find time to take it all in yet relax at the same time...buy some inches of gold, hit an art auction for free sh!tty champagne and don't miss the final sale at the shops...so you can look back in a couple years and laugh about it.