Bible study on the Ruby

sun&sea

WE were on Sea Princess out of Brisbane, Australia over Christmas and there was quite often a Bible Study group in one of the lounge areas. Must say though that this is the first time I have seen a Bible Study being held on any Princess cruise I have been on.:)

DW has participated in many while we have cruised. Basically all have been self led by someone in the group. There have been times when she was the only participant and enjoyed the time for self reflection and at other times there have been over a dozen in attendance and they took turns leading it. They met in one of the smaller meeting rooms on board and it was publicized in the Patter.

• Like 1

IF the cruise director is Lee, there will be Bible study and an amazing sunday interdenominational service if at sea. Lee shows no theological study in his bio but his "sermons" belie some background, either formal or self taught.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

We saw it in the Patter on our cruise in November on Coral Princess. We noticed the sign once when we were passing by Explorers but there was nobody there. It's definitely up to the passengers to decide whether or not to participate.

On 1/31/2014 at 5:40 PM, diplomats said:

IF the cruise director is Lee, there will be Bible study and an amazing sunday interdenominational service if at sea. Lee shows no theological study in his bio but his "sermons" belie some background, either formal or self taught.

Guess you mean Lee Childers. A great brother in Christ.

We feel that holding Bible studies  &  worship sermons  are very wonderful serving to  our God  .We would love to see other cruise lines expand into this direction  .Holland America  has daily mass .  For what we understand then just Princess & HAL are do far the only main line cruise lines that have any religious functions ,so far

On our 10 day crown Princess cruise last month there was a daily (8:30 am) Bible study noted in the Patter:  "Join fellow guests for unhosted Bible study and discussion."  It was held in the wedding chapel.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2014 at 9:40 AM, diplomats said:

I wonder if that is who was on the Golden in September.  My parents went to church on the ship and said that the person who ran it was amazing.  My Mom said, "It was "real" church!"  😃  

• Like 1