Curious where someone can park the car at the Fort Lauderdale port and how much money

swaco

I park at park and go. Done it many times. If you book on line you get a cheaper rate. I think it is $7.99 a day that way.

It is very near the port. Free shuttle to and from port. They help you with your luggage. We don't drop our luggage off before we park because the traffic is heavy next to the ship.

I have been pleased with their service. Hope this info helps.

Sue

I agree with the previous poster, Park n Go is the way to go. Super nice folks.

They also have a frequent parker program. You earn points for free parking days. If you cruise out of FLL a lot it really pays to use Park n Go and join the program.

I got 3 free days for our 11 day cruise in Dec. Every little bit helps.

Parking at the port was $15/day last time we were there. This time we are going a day early and staying at a hotel that lets us leave the car there during the cruise and has a free shuttle back and forth from the port.

Edited by lakelorain

Slightly off topic I am going to do a Princess Bon Voyage Experience in Fort Lauderdale; should I park at the port for that or am I ok with a satellite lot? My concern is that at 3PM when the ship tour is over that there won't be shuttles running back to the park and go lot. If paying the $15 for a few hours at the port is what it is I suppose that's OK as well.

park n go gets my vote too,

For the Princess question, I would think park N go would work well as they have shuttles going all the time, plus they give you their phone number to call if you need a pickup.m just be sure to tell them you will be back later in the day so they park your car close by (often they have you leave the keys and they park it). Have fun doing your your BVE! It is a great deal!

Thanks! Since P&G has shuttles that run all day I will just confirm with them and likely go that route.

BVE seems like a lot of fun; I am going to check out the new Royal Princess out of curiosity and see if I can get an idea about the hot and cold reviews.

I use Park 'n' Fly. I've used them for years and always had good service. They meet the ships and you can call if the little bus isn't waiting for you. I do make a reservation on their web site... be sure to pick the Port Everglades selection as there is also one for the Ft. Lauderdale airport. About

the same price as Park N Go. One advantage is that you get through Security quickly at the port if you are in the bus. If you drive through yourself, you have to show your cruise and ID documents, as it is a secure port. The bus whips through more quickly than the passenger cars and taxis.

We parked at the surface lot just across from the Allure terminal. $15 per day which we shared with our friends who were traveling with us. Very convenient. Walked to the car in less than 5 minutes and no waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We parked at the surface lot just across from the Allure terminal. $15 per day which we shared with our friends who were traveling with us. Very convenient. Walked to the car in less than 5 minutes and no waiting.

Ditto! We did this as well. There's no better feeling than walking out of the terminal with your luggage and seeing your vehicle right there, across the street! And a close second great feeling would be being on the road within 10 minutes of exiting the terminal. We thought these experiences were totally worth the $15 per day!:)

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

We're going on the Liberty in a few weeks, and I think it departs from Terminal 25. I see midport parking is pretty close, but I zoomed up on googlemaps,and I don't see a clear walkway from the garage to the terminal entrance. I like the idea of walking off the ship into my car (like port canaveral), but if I'm dodging taxis/busses/cars crossing the road from T25, that might not be fun.

anyone know?

Just used Park n Go for Jan 18 Liberty cruise. I was really impressed with their efficiency, friendliness, and value. They are very close to Berth 25 (Port Everglades).

You have to book in advance online in order to get the discount. $7.99/day with discount and $11.99 without. AAA was $10.50, I think with no advance reservation.

Jmho, but it looked like a bit of a walk to the terminal parking garage. Wouldn't be a problem except for all our luggage. LOL

Park n Go picked us up in less than 5 minutes!

Your other option is to book a hotel that offers parking and a shuttle service. Dependsing on your cruise this is often a lot cheaper than paying for parking elsewhere, plus you get a nice sleep the night before.

You'll probably find more discussion and recommendations in the home ports section of CC here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672