Do Princess offer discounts for mulitple excursions?

Jo and Rob

On Celebrity there are multiple excursion packages and I wondered if there was anything like that on Princess. We are looking to book several excursions on our Easter trip but there is nothing about any multiple discounts in the brochure I have downloaded from the cruise personalizer.

many thanks

Princess does not advertise it, but the earlier you book your excursion online in the Personalizer, the less you pay. Over the last few years we have always paid less for our excursions by booking early; some by quite a bit, but always at least $10 less than what they cost once onboard. We have noticed sometimes one departure time costs more than another as the more popular one fills up.

they don't offer discounts multiple excursion, or any excursion packages, although it's a great idea. The excursion are out sourced

All cruise lines outsource most, or at the very least, some of their shore excursions. That doesn't stop Celebrity from packaging tours and offering a discount, so it shouldn't for any other cruise line.

Celebrity manages excursions very differently from Princess. On X, you pay when you book the excursion and once onboard, it's a hassle to cancel. X has your money for sometimes months. On Princess, you reserve but don't actually pay until your folio is paid the final night of the cruise. Canceling or changing is very, very easy on Princess... much easier than on Celebrity: you just drop your ticket in the box 24-48 hours before the tour and the amount is credited back to your folio. Personally, I'd rather keep my money longer and like the Princess system better.

Celebrity manages excursions very differently from Princess. On X, you pay when you book the excursion... On Princess, you reserve but don't actually pay until your folio is paid the final night of the cruise.

Pam I couldn't agree more. When we did Celebrity for our Alaskan Cruise that was the one thing that surprised me. I like the way Princess does their excursions. If I change my mind, or if something happens on a previous excursion that prevents me from taking a future one, Princess is a piece of cake.

Jo and Rob, I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Looking forward to my cruise, and counting down the days.

Like CherylandTK wrote, book them as early as you can online using the Cruise Personalizer. You lock in the lowest price and have the best chance of being confirmed right away. Many popular excursions sell out long before the ship even sails. Even if you change your mind before the cancellation period closes, it's no problem.

There is no downside to this as far as I can tell. Like Pam in CA wrote, you can cancel almost any of them up to 24 hours before the excursion is scheduled and you don't have to pay any money up front.

The caveat here is there are a few high-dollar excursions which have different cancellation policies, usually involving helicopters or airplane flights, which much be scheduled well in advance. In these cases the different cancellation policy will be written clearly in the tour description.

Edited by beg3yrs

On Celebrity there are multiple excursion packages and I wondered if there was anything like that on Princess. We are looking to book several excursions on our Easter trip but there is nothing about any multiple discounts in the brochure I have downloaded from the cruise personalizer.

many thanks

None.

Thank you for all the helpful comments. I keep trying to book excursions but it keeps saying "there was an error in the processing of your request."

It is a fair point that you don't have to pay until you board (although pre-paying does make the final bill less painful ;))

Can't wait for our cruise. :)

Thank you for all the helpful comments. I keep trying to book excursions but it keeps saying "there was an error in the processing of your request."

It is a fair point that you don't have to pay until you board (although pre-paying does make the final bill less painful ;))

Can't wait for our cruise. :)

That error is pretty common. It also seems to come and go, so keep trying.

A minor point of distinction on payment is that you don't pay when you board, you pay just before final disembarkation when Princess closes out your folio.

You can, if you wish, call Princess to gift yourself On Board Credit (OBC) in an amount that would cover your shore excursions. This way you are paying in advance and will make the final bill less painful.