Do you tip CC Hostess?

OceanCruise

I tip the servers $1.00, per drink, as it is served. Frankly, I have never seen the bartenders at the elite happy hour; hence, I would not be aware of their performance.

We like to sit at the bar, as it makes us feel at home;) Do you tip the waiters who serve the canapes?

Edited by BosoxI

Question is the cc. Host similar to conceirge with royal if so we have had excellent service above and beyond. Willy on radience was assume and we tipped him 50 at the end of our cruise. We still are in contact with him. On infinity for panama not sure if butler will do what he does. Still not sure about someone else unpacking my tighty whiteys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

In my opinion, the host is more like the Loyalty Ambassadors used to be before they because cruise sales agents.

The hosts do not really perform any type of concierge services, but they are generally very pleasant and can answer any question you might have. On some cruises we never see a host and on other cruises they are visible and engaging.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

We tip the Elite servers every night. This last cruise we did mention the tipping to people who sat with us each night and they were surprised, never thought about it and were glad we brought it to their attention but in the end, never, never tipped. We have always had great servers during the Elite Hour. This last time we did tip the girls who served the canapes.

I tip the servers $1.00, per drink, as it is served. Frankly, I have never seen the bartenders at the elite happy hour; hence, I would not be aware of their performance.

We agree and tip the bar tenders and servers!!!! Only take a few dollars to make things wonderful!!!

I think many people feel this is a thank you party for Elite guests and therefore tipping is not called for. When we first went to the Elite lounge we really didn`t think about it. Once we saw others tipping we thought it was a good idea. We now tip very handsomely. However I would not judge anyone who did not.

On my last cruise I never met the Captains Club host. His name is listed in the Staff postings. I went to several elite events. The evening events were very crowded. Held in the Sky lounge on the Eclipse. Often could not get a seat before 6pm. I thought it odd that on a 14 night cruise. Maybe he was on vacation?...or sick? On previous cruises, the Captains Club hostess has been very visible and helpful. I especially liked Jenny on the Infinity.

Sorry, but the folks serving you in the Elite Lounge are not covered by your auto-tip. They work hard there, often between their other shifts in the lounges, theater, etc.

I was under the impression that ALL bar servers shared the auto-tip of 15% added to each and every drink purchase. I realize you don't pay for drinks in the Elite lounge, but if these same servers also work in lounges, theater etc. are they not getting a share of the pooled 15% charged for drinks over the course of the week? We always tip such servers extra anyway, but assumed they were still getting a cut of the 15% charged ship-wide throughout the week for drinks.

I was under the impression that ALL bar servers shared the auto-tip of 15% added to each and every drink purchase. I realize you don't pay for drinks in the Elite lounge, but if these same servers also work in lounges, theater etc. are they not getting a share of the pooled 15% charged for drinks over the course of the week? We always tip such servers extra anyway, but assumed they were still getting a cut of the 15% charged ship-wide throughout the week for drinks.

Perhaps (not a clue really) but that really isn't the issue for us. The drinks are free and the service is exceptional so well worth a generous tip. It certainly isn't mandatory though.

With the Captains Club host/hostesses I have had on recent cruises it would not be an issue as I rarely ever saw them, even when the Elite events were held in Michael's Club. :rolleyes:. Have had a couple really great hostesses in the past, though. I really don't feel that in general they should be tipped. However, if one went above and beyond to help me out with some issue then I might tip that time. I am very generous with tipping in general but it just doesn't seem like that is a position one would normally tip.

On two ships, we had wonderful excellent Captains Club host/hostesse. Other ships horrible and not visable or involved. We did tip twice to those who provided extrodinary service. Why not say thank you to somebody who helped make your vacation more enjoyable. We also tip the bartenders at the Martini bar additional, even though we have the package. Typically $20 per week, just to say thank you for the great service. We also have had the reverse experience with a couple of lousey hostesses-they certainly wouldn't get a tip from us-

Do what you believe is correct.

Edited by Cruise a holic