Coffee Card Question?

tgmg00a

I am sure someone out there will know the answer to this question? Do I have to buy a card for each person in my stateroom or is the card a per-person purchase? If I am buying this mostly for the brewed coffee is there a limit to the number of cups I can get filled?

Thanks in advance!

Regarding the brewed coffee. Customer service on Princess told me that 1 card should work for the two of us. I called twice to double check. I told them that besides the specialty coffees, we will each want maybe 1 reg cup of brewed coffee in the evening. Is there a problem using just one card. Customer service said, no, that it is not the same as soda cards. I want to know from anyone who has used one card for two people, if there was a problem getting reg coffee for two people using 1 card. (no holes punched for that, just show card)

I posted on other thread as well.

1) How much is a regular latte?

2) How come so much made of fresh coffee. Is coffee available all day in buffet?

3)Are there green tea bags in buffet?

Wife likes her lattes but might not want 15 in a 7 day trip. First time Princess, just wondering.

Mahalo, Tim

Regarding the brewed coffee. Customer service on Princess told me that 1 card should work for the two of us. I called twice to double check. I told them that besides the specialty coffees, we will each want maybe 1 reg cup of brewed coffee in the evening. Is there a problem using just one card. Customer service said, no, that it is not the same as soda cards. I want to know from anyone who has used one card for two people, if there was a problem getting reg coffee for two people using 1 card. (no holes punched for that, just show card)

We've always used the card for two people, brewed and specialty, and never had a problem. We actually use it more for the brewed - which is why we buy the card in the first place, and always have punches left on our card for the specialty.

It wouldn't be worth the $$ to spend over $60 for two cards to just get a decent cup of coffee in the morning. I think $33 is the tipping point.

We've always used the card for two people, brewed and specialty, and never had a problem. We actually use it more for the brewed - which is why we buy the card in the first place, and always have punches left on our card for the specialty.

It wouldn't be worth the $$ to spend over $60 for two cards to just get a decent cup of coffee in the morning. I think $33 is the tipping point.

On at least the Royal Princess, the punches can also be used for gelato.

I posted on other thread as well.

1) How much is a regular latte?

2) How come so much made of fresh coffee. Is coffee available all day in buffet?

3)Are there green tea bags in buffet?

Wife likes her lattes but might not want 15 in a 7 day trip. First time Princess, just wondering.

Mahalo, Tim

You can use remaining punches on another cruise. You cannot get unlimited coffee, tea or hot chocolate on another cruise. We just used the last punch on our the card we bought in 2008. We still have 4 other ones with only one or two punches on them.

The green tea in HC is Twinnings- I didn't like it. If you're a picky tea drinkers you'll probably be happier with the Mighty Leaf tea that you need the card for.

Edited by FritzG

How much are the coffee cards?

Brewedcoffeeis $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$33.35 buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the Cafe and other lounges that have brewed coffee.

You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffeecard is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

Syrup coffee is not faux coffee (like chicory).

The syrup is processed from honest to goodness real coffee beans.

The problem is in the processing and, same as with brewed, the quality of the bean.

Bill, a co-owner of my favorite coffee store

http://www.javacoffee.com/

tol me that there are in fact different grades of syrup, some of which are actually drinkable.

We usually get one card and Dh gets brewed coffee in the morning while I get a specialty coffee. Then we use it in the afternoon when I get the special brewed iced tea. I originally assumed that I would need to use a punch for the iced tea since it was my husband's card but they told me I didn't. One card is more than enough for the two of us.

Ok dumb question here......and I prob already know the answer. A latte or cappuccino is a punch correct? There are 15 punches on a card correct? My roommate and I could buy ONE card between us and get two reg brewed coffees @ a time without using any punches???? I like a Cap every now and then but generally abstain cause of fat/calories. Assume they have a healthier version of same??

Ok dumb question here......and I prob already know the answer. A latte or cappuccino is a punch correct? There are 15 punches on a card correct? My roommate and I could buy ONE card between us and get two reg brewed coffees @ a time without using any punches???? I like a Cap every now and then but generally abstain cause of fat/calories. Assume they have a healthier version of same??

If you are not going to drink the specialty coffee drinks and only want the brewed coffee, it wouldn't pay to get the card. Just buy the coffee by the cup.

Try the coffee served in the buffet and dining room first. There is no charge and you might be satisfied with it. the International cafe is the Princess equivalent of Starbucks coffee.:D