Can you wear board shorts in the main dining room on royal Caribbean

swaco

Breakfast and lunch, yes. I've seen regular shorts in the dining room at dinner, but never seen board shorts. All shorts are on the not allowed list for dinner.

i understand NO---i just do not know what the heck board shorts are ?????????????????????:confused::confused::confused:

oh boy, next they will want to wear rubber wet suits into the MDR.

it only gets better..:eek:

haha!

For a further explanation of what board shorts are; think swimming trunks but a bit longer and no liner. Any reasonable person would see these as swimming clothes and thus not allowed in the MDR (though mileage may vary as with the entire dress code).

haha!

For a further explanation of what board shorts are; think swimming trunks but a bit longer and no liner. Any reasonable person would see these as swimming clothes and thus not allowed in the MDR (though mileage may vary as with the entire dress code).

I own two pair made by Speedo and they have liners and pockets with waterproof pouches in them. Really great for around the pool or a trip to the beach. I can't imagine that even the most lenient maître d' would allow them into the dining room at dinner, but I've been surprised before.

We were just on the Feb 1st Liberty cruise where we saw a young adult male wearing sloppy shorts and a tee-shirt in the MDR on the first night. His wife/girlfriend was a little more dressed than he was. I have read posts that say they will make an exception on the 1st night. Perhaps his luggage was misplaced.

I can't imagine that even the most lenient maître d' would allow them into the dining room at dinner, but I've been surprised before.

Anything goes Night 1 as some guests may not have received their luggage by dinner time. After that, you're likely to get turned away at the door. Breakfast/Lunch, no issues at all, entry allowed.

I own two pair made by Speedo and they have liners and pockets with waterproof pouches in them. Really great for around the pool or a trip to the beach. I can't imagine that even the most lenient maître d' would allow them into the dining room at dinner, but I've been surprised before.

Speedo makes some like that? I'm going to have to look into those! Not to wear in the MDR or anything, but something like that would be a welcomed change of pace from my normal Billabongs.

On MJ last August, my DH was turned away from breakfast in the MDR for wearing a tank top. I sat down in my tank top while he returned to the cabin to put a t-shirt on. I know the OP wanted to know about shorts, I guess I'm just making the point that who knows what lurks in the mind of the head waiter manning the door.

Edited by wolfcathorse

Speedo makes some like that? I'm going to have to look into those! Not to wear in the MDR or anything, but something like that would be a welcomed change of pace from my normal Billabongs.

When I bought them for a family cruise, I told my grand kids that I'd bought a couple of pairs of Speedos and intended wearing them on the cruise. I wish I had a photo of the horrified look on their faces, you know what they were thinking.:eek:

When I bought them for a family cruise, I told my grand kids that I'd bought a couple of pairs of Speedos and intended wearing them on the cruise. I wish I had a photo of the horrified look on their faces, you know what they were thinking.:eek:

Sometimes it is just too much fun to torture the kids :D